Lara Croft The Lost Valley 1:4 scale statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

LOL, ya I know how you feel. When I placed my order for Prime's Sauron, I had a bit of that feeling as well but it went away pretty quickly. I now have all of Prime's LOTR line on preorder except for Lurtz. I'm super excited to see what they bring us next and I'm hoping to see some of it teased in their next Showcase.
    Their line looks really good. Every piece could be a centerpiece of most collections. I love the new Frodo and Gollum as well

Comment

For the people who are interested; 7 hours to go to place your order.

Comment

Interested in seeing what the ES comes in at.

Comment

Yes, I'm curious as well. Mainly because I have no idea how big the market for non ME collectables is for Weta. Would be interesting to see if the number is much higher/lower than for instance Legolas and Gimli.

Comment

How long do we have to wait for the number to be revealed?

One week?

Comment

Edition is 950

Comment

Dang. Way higher than I thought. Same as Legolas and Gimli

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
                  Edition is 950
                  Wow really and at that price. There is some serious love for Tomb Raider out there. It's about 400 more than I though it would be.

Comment

either that or everyone is making a lot more money to feed their collectibles

yup at most i thought it would be 500

Comment

I think it shows that Weta would be wise to continue this method. There's no way they would have decided on an ES this large. It's a win-win. Weta get more sales and collectors get a set time in which to get their order in.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                        I think it shows that Weta would be wise to continue this method. There's no way they would have decided on an ES this large. It's a win-win. Weta get more sales and collectors get a set time in which to get their order in.
                        I really hope they will do this indeed, especially for Bilbo!

And this is much higher than I expected!

Comment

Well, seems like certainly quite a lot of fans for Lara too The action pose just looks amazing though (kind of bit like Legolas's pose, no?). I really hope as well it's the case with Bilbo as Frodoeyes mentioned.

Comment

Completely agree! Moving forward this would be the best way for Weta to go about doing business.

Comment

It’s a great method, and the higher the edition size, the lower the price should become.

A win-win for everyone, as FE said

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
                                It’s a great method, and the higher the edition size, the lower the price should become.

A win-win for everyone, as FE said
                                Wasn't the price already set at preorder? Weta doesn't know if they are going to sell 80 or 800 with a timed PO. So Weta prices it for like it is going to sell in the low 400-500's. The price doesn't go down as more people order it, so it pure gravy for Weta when it sells more than they expected. Not seeing this as anything but a win for Weta as far as price is concerned.

Comment

True, it does work that way when there’s an unexpectedly high edition size

But that’s a very easy fix:

Just set the initial price relative to the eventual edition size

eg

0 - 300
                                  $1000

301 - 600
                                  $800

601 - 800
                                  $600

and so on. Easy!

Comment

eg

0 - 300
                                    $1000

301 - 600
                                    $800

601 - 800
                                    $600

and so on. Easy!
                                    Hmm, not sure about that. I like to know the price of something when i'm ordering. Even though this way it can only get cheaper. Never heard of any company doing this.

Or, perhaps more likely, it's a complete myth that the higher the edition size the lower the price, and Weta goes by how much it cost to make the statue and then adds on however much they want for profit.

Comment

eg

0 - 300
                                      $1000

301 - 600
                                      $800

601 - 800
                                      $600

and so on. Easy!
                                      I was just thinking about the same thing today while I was at work. It would be easy for Weta to do something like this. Have a starting price and then say in the PO that the price will fall $25 for every 100 pieces sold. Which would be revealed when the PO ended. Kind of like a reverse auction but with the price going down not with time but with how many orders. It would actually be a lot of fun and I think would generate some extra excitement and more sales in the long run.

Hmm, not sure about that. I like to know the price of something when i'm ordering. Even though this way it can only get cheaper. Never heard of any company doing this.

Or, perhaps more likely, it's a complete myth that the higher the edition size the lower the price, and Weta goes by how much it cost to make the statue and then adds on however much they want for profit.
                                      I've always believed it a myth that the price would be lowered as the ES is increased. They are in business to make money, as much of it as they can. If we keep buying, there is no reason for them to reduce the profit margins. Weta could implement the pricing scheme in my above reply to Valar's post but I think pigs will fly before we see anything like that.

Comment

Working...
                                      X