Cave Troll of Moria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's let it work for a few days, sometimes the spark will jump over.
    The second problem is the space

Comment

Originally posted by surface33 View Post
      Do we have any idea how much we will have to wait until the pre order is available?
      Video said later this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
        Let's let it work for a few days, sometimes your spark will jump over.
        True. And we have some time before pre-order starts. Maybe late August / September?

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

BTW this thing is huge, I believe the troll is just as tall as the Weta sideshow Sauron.
          Correct, with it's 48 ikches it's as tall as The Dark Lord
          Do we have any idea how much we will have to wait until the pre order is available?
          Q3 2020?

Comment

We're working on the schedule. Will let you know as soon as we can.

Cheers
            Magnus
            Online Retail and Systems Manager

Happy to answer any questions I spot while I'm on the forum, but for any customer service issues, please email Alice and Vivien at [email protected]wetanz.co.nz for the speediest possible response.

And don't forget: Add 'FoU' to the body of your support email to get priority support for Flamers!

Comment

Hi Magnus
              Thanks for this information.

Comment

Great piece. I’m going to wait till I see the price and the dimensions. But my first instinct was to press pre order once it’s possible. Anything over 1000 would be too much though.

Comment

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/cave-troll-of-moria

Comment

I think the price around 1299 is about right. The BotFA War Troll several years ago were 999

Comment

I do like it and the improvement of the eyes is great, just not sure if it's worth the upgrade from the 1st version.20200707_215513.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post
                        Great piece. I’m going to wait till I see the price and the dimensions. But my first instinct was to press pre order once it’s possible. Anything over 1000 would be too much though.
                        I think the price will be around $1500 USD..... this thing is just absolutely amazing! I love the original but this one has it beat in my opinion. The two Moria Orcs are GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

I have a bit of the same feeling. I really like it, but somehow it does not speak to me (yet...) ALthough I have to say seeing the official pictures made me like it more.
                          BTW this thing is huge, I believe the troll is just as tall as the Weta sideshow Sauron.
                          Yeah and honestly that’s a big reason for my disinterest. The size. I just don’t have the room like many others. I’m all for it though and appreciate it for those who get it. I just have to have reasonably sized from here on out. That’s why I’m scared about Lothlorien because it’s a must buy for me and if they make it a masters, I don’t know what I would do financially or space-wise..

Comment

I bought the Mordor Battle Troll by sideshow weta today on eBay for $265. That’s satisfied my troll fix!

Comment

Ugh am disappointed I thought this would be a MC

then I’m like glad it’s 1/6 in a way but the pose - not liking him standing

classic is unbeatable wish I still had it

really wish they had something similar

I don’t think two orcs were needed

ugh I don’t know I just was hoping for a wow moment with cave troll since we have been craving it but it’s not same

Comment

Originally posted by Jrchampion93 View Post

Yeah and honestly that’s a big reason for my disinterest. The size. I just don’t have the room like many others. I’m all for it though and appreciate it for those who get it. I just have to have reasonably sized from here on out. That’s why I’m scared about Lothlorien because it’s a must buy for me and if they make it a masters, I don’t know what I would do financially or space-wise..
                                Imo they shouldn’t make Lothlorien a MC. So many people want it. So many people have been waiting years for it. It shouldn’t be exclusive to the hardcore people with a lot of cash imo. Save the MC’s for characters who also have cheaper alternatives. Just my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post
                                  I do like it and the improvement of the eyes is great, just not sure if it's worth the upgrade from the 1st version.20200707_215513.jpg
                                  You are right, I also wonder if I need this in addition to my cave troll.
                                  The first CT is unbeatable. I find the pose a little bit difficult to get used to. It's not ready to spark yet...
                                  When injustice becomes justice, resistance becomes a duty.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Imo they shouldn’t make Lothlorien a MC. So many people want it. So many people have been waiting years for it. It shouldn’t be exclusive to the hardcore people with a lot of cash imo. Save the MC’s for characters who also have cheaper alternatives. Just my opinion
                                    I could not agree more! Just want a reasonably sized Lothlorien. No need to make it MC. I won’t be able to afford it, but am hoping the hobbits hiding from RWoS is next years 20th anniversary MC for those who can get it. I will never be able to afford the master collections unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post
                                      I do like it and the improvement of the eyes is great, just not sure if it's worth the upgrade from the 1st
                                      I agree with you N2Darkness

Comment

Originally posted by Jrchampion93 View Post

I could not agree more! Just want a reasonably sized Lothlorien. No need to make it MC. I won’t be able to afford it, but am hoping the hobbits hiding from RWoS is next years 20th anniversary MC for those who can get it. I will never be able to afford the master collections unfortunately.
                                        That would be a great MC! And I’m with you; I could never afford a MC. I’m happy they are being made though. Gorgeous pieces.

Comment

Even though I have (and love!) the original, I think this is an amazing piece. I’m really happy it’s completely different in pose w.r.t. the original, and I love the orcs, especially the ‘rider.’ Instant love for this piece, it’s the first time in a long while that I’ve truly been excited by a collectible again! Well dome weta!

Due to the rising prices and sometimes rather disappointing customer service I wasn’t expecting to buy on pre-order from weta again, but this one ticks all for me. Let’s hope the price isn’t too crazy!
                                          Always on the hunt

Comment

Working...
                                          X