Bilbo at writing desk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mattfin View Post

Haha. Yeah, shenanigans is a very fun word, and it's pretty much the perfect term for describing most of what the dwarves get up to in the Hobbit films.

Yeah, I completely recognise that they're not as good as the original LOTR trilogy, but I just love the universe Jackson and Weta created so much that any time I get to spend more time in it is going to be brilliant for me. And I agree, all of the dwarves have their own individual charms. The only part of the movies I truly don't enjoy are Alfred and the Master of Lake Town (which is a shame since I love Stephen Fry). Those two were just a little bit too cartoonish for my taste, but definitely not so much that they ruined the movies at all.

Plus, as I said, I absolutely love the depiction of Smaug, so that new Smaug statue they've been previewing is likely to hurt the old wallet pretty significantly in the near future. ?

Thank you Stig, Minuialwen and everyone else for the warm welcome!
    Alfred may be my least favorite character in Middle Earth Can we trade him for Jar Jar Binks?

Made by Bill59

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Alfred may be my least favorite character in Middle Earth Can we trade him for Jar Jar Binks?
      I don't know, Alfred's awful, but the one thing he's got going for him is that he's not a racist caricature.

Comment

To be honest, I don't have such a problem with TheMasterOfLakeTown, or even Alfrid. The master was a greedy turncoat in the book as well, and even if Alfrid doesn't exist in the book, I can very well imagine that the master had a "helper" like him.
        Sure, they got too much screen time, and therefore some stupid dialogue/action, but that can be said about most things (except Bilbo himself) in the Hobbit movies.

/ Best regards, Fredrik

Comment

Late to the party as I initially passed on this statue due to space constraints and other items on PO/coming in, but I just recently had another opportunity to buy this awesome statue and I decided to go for it. I can only repeat what many of y’all here have already said before: this is truly a magnificent piece! The level of detail is imho very close to some of the MC statues. I was comparing details between this statue and my Escape of the Road and this statue is not far off overall and on par on certain elements.

I’m very happy that I was able to add this piece to my collection!
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DWS View Post
            Late to the party as I initially passed on this statue due to space constraints and other items on PO/coming in, but I just recently had another opportunity to buy this awesome statue and I decided to go for it. I can only repeat what many of y’all here have already said before: this is truly a magnificent piece! The level of detail is imho very close to some of the MC statues. I was comparing details between this statue and my Escape of the Road and this statue is not far off overall and on par on certain elements.

I’m very happy that I was able to add this piece to my collection!
            Congrats! Great that you were able to add this to your collection. It's a beauty.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Congrats! Great that you were able to add this to your collection. It's a beauty.
              Thanks! It truly is a masterpiece. Not sure why I was on the fence for this one when it was released

Comment

Congrats DWS, on adding this beauty to your collection. I think you made the right decision in the end. Very nice pics, thanks for sharing.
                Cheers!
                Bill

Comment

DWS

Thanks for the photos, it really is a wonderful statue.

Comment

This is one wonderful statue, so much to say about Bilbo and the moment in ME. Congratulations!

Comment

Thanks all

Comment

After more than six months of waiting I finally received yesterday. The details is absolutely amazing.
                        _E3{J)QQGYLMZPU)4OWLM%D.jpg

Comment

Congratulations, such an amazing piece.

Comment

Congratulations, it's a wonderful piece.
                            It was a long wait, but it was worth it.

Comment

Big congrats DarthKanade, well worth the wait IMHO.

It's a beauty. I love mine.
                              Cheers!
                              Bill

Comment

Congrats on it finally arriving!

Comment

Congrats. One of the finest pieces Weta has ever made.

Comment

Back in stock!

Comment

Oh no pulled the trigger…

Comment

Originally posted by Ragadaz View Post
                                        Did you buy it Ragadaz?! I did contemplate it but the AUD cost was too high for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ragadaz View Post
                                          You are going to love it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X