Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thranduil: The Woodland King - Masters Collection 2020 - 1:6 scale

Thranduil: The Woodland King

Revealed at the Comic-Con @ Home webevent 21 july 2020.

Product Page

1595365048bfbfa7adbd215c582578488a1a1174e9.jpg
    Last edited by Gwindor; 22 July 2020, 12:39.

AmaZing and hopefully price is not insane on this

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
      AmaZing and hopefully price is not insane on this
      My guess would be $2500 USD. And well worth it.

Comment

I really wish I could see this in person. I would love the chance to just look at it and marvel how well done it is.

Comment

This was on the top of my wish list, but it’s way too huge, no room for it plus it will be hella expensive. WETA did a marvelous job!

Comment

Although treebeard seems to have more detail I don't see this being much cheaper than him. Maybe 2k if we are lucky...

Comment

I guess 3499$
              Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Below 2k and it will sell out faster than Treebeard

Comment

Originally posted by Enelyë View Post
                  I guess 3499$
                  If that's the case then I might have to bow out, I'll go up to 3 probably.

Comment

In the video Richard Taylor said you will be able to have the option of placing the guard in several different locations. I wonder if they will offer the option of buying an extra guard if you want to position two of them?

Comment

Not really needing a spoiler warning when Weta already has officially announced it.

I am bowing out for tonight. Happy day for all elf lovers and The Hobbit fans!

Comment

Wow! It looks stunning, I knew this would be big but damn! I might need an entire shelf/corner just for him! Definitely the most impressive piece Weta has ever done. I’m not the biggest fan of Thranduil per se, but this is just a piece of art!!! I can’t wait to smash that preorder button later on the year. My guess is $3,000 at the very least.

Comment

This is maybe the most amazing statue Weta has ever created. I'm in awe

Well done Weta. Bold, audacious, no punches held here. This is a statue for the ages, again, bravo to Weta

Comment

I do have the other two Thranduils. As others have talked about getting the Classic Series Gandalf even if they got the older statues...

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                              I do have the other two Thranduils. As others have talked about getting the Classic Series Gandalf even if they got the older statues...

DO IT!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post
                                In the video Richard Taylor said you will be able to have the option of placing the guard in several different locations. I wonder if they will offer the option of buying an extra guard if you want to position two of them?
                                The thing I loved the most about what they said was you could just put something where Thranduil is sitting to create essentially an environment. That throne alone is pretty darn cool.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

The thing I loved the most about what they said was you could just put something where Thranduil is sitting to create essentially an environment. That throne alone is pretty darn cool.
                                  Which is why we must buy two.

I always wanted Thranduil on his throne but in my mind I never envisioned the sweeping staircase and extra guard. It is truly amazing.

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post

Which is why we must buy two.

I always wanted Thranduil on his throne but in my mind I never envisioned the sweeping staircase and extra guard. It is truly amazing.
                                    I would love to see the person who does just that.

I think this is awesome for anyone who has wanted this to get made. The fact it is surpassing what some of you had hoped I find it to be even cooler.

Comment

I absolutely love it! I won't be getting it, as I have the first Thranduil statue that was released and they just captured him perfectly, but this is a very impressive piece, and am so happy for everyone who is getting it!

I like that Weta have launched the Classic line, as it is more within my collecting range, but I would be sad if they didn't also release these Masters Collection pieces, Iove the ambition and they inspire me to dream of doing something similar one day!

Comment

"Lee on a tree"!!

Did you see how Dan was able to disappear behind this thing?!!

Amazing....

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Working...
                                        X