The Lord of the Rings Statue 1/6 Gandalf the Grey Pilgrim (Classic Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great!

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
      Looks great! This one and the Ringwraith are high on my list, but I am a bit cautious with ordering them as I expect loads of awesome stuff to come up soon / this year. Need to spread the money a bit.
      What is coming, exactly, preciousss? Do we know? o.O

If I get enough coin for my birthday next week, I ll treat myself to this Gandalf, he looks amazing.
      Last edited by ElendilBG; 5 January 2021, 08:22.

Comment

Originally posted by ElendilBG View Post

If I get enough coin for my birthday next week, I ll treat myself to this Gandalf, he looks amazing.
        This Gandalf looks amazing, would recommend him for sure!

We don't know what's coming, other than Bilbo in Bag End. And the stuff that has been up for pre-order ofcourse (Legolas/Gimli on Amon Hen for example).

Comment

Ah, yes, I know about them. I think I ll just wait for my fav characters in the new Classic 1/6.

Comment

Originally posted by ElendilBG View Post

It's my birthday at the end of the month and I'm being more and more tempted by Gandalf as a present to myself. He looks REALLY good. I'd been planning on moving away from character statues to simply concentrate on environments, but it wouldn't hurt to just have a few of the main characters in statue form would it?

I think if they did a museum pose Aragorn, Thorin, Frodo and Martin Freeman's Bilbo in this classic line, I'd be happy with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post

It's my birthday at the end of the month and I'm being more and more tempted by Gandalf as a present to myself. He looks REALLY good. I'd been planning on moving away from character statues to simply concentrate on environments, but it wouldn't hurt to just have a few of the main characters in statue form would it?

I think if they did a museum pose Aragorn, Thorin, Frodo and Martin Freeman's Bilbo in this classic line, I'd be happy with that.
              Slippery slope When we started our collection I convinced my husband with ''it's just the two wizards'' (Gandalf & Radagast, two of my favorite characters). Now we have 3 cabinets filled with characters and environments

I can only recommend the new Gandalf. We have the Hobbit version and while we love it the new one is even better. Happy birthday in advance btw (in case I forget) Treat yourself!

Comment

Donna

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Slippery slope When we started our collection I convinced my husband with ''it's just the two wizards'' (Gandalf & Radagast, two of my favorite characters). Now we have 3 cabinets filled with characters and environments

I can only recommend the new Gandalf. We have the Hobbit version and while we love it the new one is even better. Happy birthday in advance btw (in case I forget) Treat yourself!

Yeah it is a slippery slope. I've got two large cabinets and literally ordered a third one today, so I'm going to have a bit of extra room.

Thanks for the birthday wishes, I'll definitely try and treat myself. (Love Parks and Rec as well )

Comment

For anyone in the UK who's ordered anything recently, the current price including shipping on the Weta site is £270, but are we looking at any additional costs due to Brexit? Not sure how we're affected yet.

Comment

For anyone in the UK who's ordered anything recently, the current price including shipping on the Weta site is £270, but are we looking at any additional costs due to Brexit? Not sure how we're affected yet.
                      Really? I tried adding to my cart etc just to see, and after shipping and vat it came to £350

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Really? I tried adding to my cart etc just to see, and after shipping and vat it came to £350
                        Yeah it definitely said £270. Final review page and all. Let me try again.

EDIT
                        It looks like it hasn't charged me the VAT. I would say it might get charged later, but if yours was going to charge you at the point of purchase, that's very strange.
                        Last edited by Anubis; 14 January 2021, 10:57.

Comment

Yeah it definitely said £270. Final review page and all. Let me try again.

EDIT
                          It looks like it hasn't charged me the VAT. I would say it might get charged later, but if yours was going to charge you at the point of purchase, that's very strange.
                          Well i tried it last year and it was £350 after VAT, but i checked just now and you're right, there's no VAT! I wonder if this is a result of Brexit, and we in Britain will just get charged VAT when it arrives in the country? I can't imagine we'll escape VAT lol. But now we just don't know how much we'll get charged - maybe it'll be more, maybe it'll be less. I look forward to finding out from others though before i order anything

Comment

Well i tried it last year and it was £350 after VAT, but i checked just now and you're right, there's no VAT! I wonder if this is a result of Brexit, and we in Britain will just get charged VAT when it arrives in the country? I can't imagine we'll escape VAT lol. But now we just don't know how much we'll get charged - maybe it'll be more, maybe it'll be less. I look forward to finding out from others though before i order anything
                            I believe the VAT will just be charged when it enters the country; WETA has confirmed as much iirc.

Comment

Yeah it looks like we’ll be charged when it enters the country, Weta have updated this on their site now (check my post in the Witch-King thread )

Comment

That's how it works for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X