The Lord of the Rings Statue 1/6 Gandalf the Grey Pilgrim (Classic Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lord of the Rings Statue 1/6 Gandalf the Grey Pilgrim (Classic Series)

A new Gandalf from Wetas new statue series

Last edited by Plat; 21 July 2020, 06:40.

Great statue, but I already have the original SSW Gandalf and RWoS so no interest from me - if its real hope those who are interested will like this (and the Ringwraith too)

Comment

The portrait looks exactly like the Gandalf on Card.,

Comment

Well, I find it quite disappointing. There are soooo many gandalf version and so many characters which haven’t been done yet ... why this choice ?!?

ok this is a new line and you probably need to do well known characters to help this line to sell well but I don’t really understand this strategy from Weta given that it seems to be 1:6 scale without huge differences with actual 1:6 line.

Comment

Price point will determine if I get this one. Definitely getting the wraith, and I do love this Gandalf, but this MIGHT be a wait for a sale purchase. Depends what else is coming I suppose. If there really is a premium Cave Troll on the way then that piece will be priority.

Comment

I agree with Plat, the face looks very similar and just as good as GoCart. While I don’t necessarily think this is the best representation of Gandalf, as I always imagine him being more humble and never willing to actual fight (and in here it looks like he’s more than willing, putting on a sort of intimidating face) and GoCart being the perfect example of that, I’ll most certainly be getting this if it’s real. Overall looks very well done

Comment

Originally posted by Spitfire View Post
              Well, I find it quite disappointing. There are soooo many gandalf version and so many characters which haven’t been done yet ... why this choice ?!?

ok this is a new line and you probably need to do well known characters to help this line to sell well but I don’t really understand this strategy from Weta given that it seems to be 1:6 scale without huge differences with actual 1:6 line.
              I think they want to target more people again. A lot of people love the 1/6 statues but haven't been able to catch up with the latest pieces, because the prices keep going up. There are people who miss the days where the prices were around 300 EUR. I think this is Weta's way to make a split...to attract more people. I'm sure they chose Gandalf/Wraith because they're popular characters, makes sense to start a new line with them. If enough people buy them I'm sure they'll create more in this line. Maybe they prefer to use the more expensive statues for characters or moments they haven't done before. After that they can always release a cheaper 1/6 version (of the same character/moment).

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                A new Gandalf open edition from Weta.
                I don´t know if it is a fake or not,please forgive me when it is.
                Great posts Plat! Where did you find these? Are they already up in the Weta site?

P.S. Please ignore the question, I just saw they leaked on FB.
                Last edited by finarfin; 21 July 2020, 03:49.

Comment

Prices will be around € 350

Comment

This really makes me wish the recent Saruman mini wAs 1:6, these would look so good together

Comment

Do we know this is a 'cheaper' line of 1/6 statues? I don't see the point, as we have a 1/6 line already, which these two statues may still be part of. Remember Dan said we would have an MC, a premium, two 1/6 statues, and then the new more affordable line, which I took to mean smaller than 1/6 and made from a different material, like vinyl. Unless these two statues are not made from polystone? So don't get your hopes up just yet

As for the statue itself, it looks really good! Yes, another Gandalf, but we haven't had a standalone Gandalf in 1/6 from LOTR since the SSW days, so this gives people a chance to have him that way. I have the Hobbit version, but if this is as good as it looks, depending on the price, I might replace the Hobbit version with this.

Comment

Yeah I think these are two of the four 1:6 reveals. Cheaper only in the sense they’re simpler than some of their other 1:6 pieces.

rhe new line sounds like it’ll be a different scale / type of product

Comment

Personally I think the Gandalf 1/6 from The Hobbit was better than this one. I don’t like this pose at all

Comment

Originally posted by GioGatti View Post
                            Personally I think the Gandalf 1/6 from The Hobbit was better than this one. I don’t like this pose at all
                            It's one of the best Gandalf statues for sure, I like the cloak swirling in the breeze look, and the likeness is perfect. But I prefer LOTR, and his costume is a bit different to the Hobbit one, especially the staff. Does it look like it's the staff with the pipe in?

This would also go well with a potential cave troll in Moria piece The base looks like it could be in Moria.
                            Last edited by FrodoEyes; 21 July 2020, 04:32.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                              Do we know this is a 'cheaper' line of 1/6 statues? I don't see the point, as we have a 1/6 line already, which these two statues may still be part of. Remember Dan said we would have an MC, a premium, two 1/6 statues, and then the new more affordable line, which I took to mean smaller than 1/6 and made from a different material, like vinyl. Unless these two statues are not made from polystone? So don't get your hopes up just yet

As for the statue itself, it looks really good! Yes, another Gandalf, but we haven't had a standalone Gandalf in 1/6 from LOTR since the SSW days, so this gives people a chance to have him that way. I have the Hobbit version, but if this is as good as it looks, depending on the price, I might replace the Hobbit version with this.
                              Why not have The Hobbit & LOTR versions!?

Comment

Originally posted by Mitheithel View Post

Why not have The Hobbit & LOTR versions!?
                                For me personally, space and money! I have the SSW GTG and the Hobbit version... 3 would be an extravagance!

Comment

https://laforjaderivendel.com/lord-o...statua-16.html

Comment

I have the Hobbit GTG and I don't see the point of getting this piece. I think Sideshow PF is still the definitive GTG piece though I don't have it, and would be about the same price as this in the secondary market.
                                    IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

If other websites have it listed already, will Weta open pre orders tonight?

Comment

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post
                                        I have the Hobbit GTG and I don't see the point of getting this piece. I think Sideshow PF is still the definitive GTG piece though I don't have it, and would be about the same price as this in the secondary market.
                                        Unless you're not a 1/4 scale PF collector

Comment

Working...
                                        X