The Lord of the Rings Statue 1/6 Ringwraith of Mordor (Classic Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats, nice one!
    My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

One of the very best statues, I love mine! Congratulations!

Comment

Any pics with this next to Sideshow's Ringwraith (round base)?
        Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Just saw this video on YouTube and noticed the pretty glaring silver mold? Or whatever it is inside the hood. Is this a one off or does every piece have this?
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker View Post
            Just saw this video on YouTube and noticed the pretty glaring silver mold? Or whatever it is inside the hood. Is this a one off or does every piece have this?
            That's the neck of the robes, cos you know, the head is invisible.
            Instagram: randy_baggins

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker View Post
              I have no clue what that is, but it didn't come from Weta that way. I see nothing of this in the photos of it on their sales page. Looks goofy to me but hey, different strokes for different folks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

I have no clue what that is, but it didn't come from Weta that way. I see nothing of this in the photos of it on their sales page. Looks goofy to me but hey, different strokes for different folks.
                I'm pretty sure it's movie accurate, as RandyBaggins says it's a kind of collar. I remember seeing it for a brief moment in the movie and wondering what it is, but it is there and is intentional. It's also in other ringwraith collectibles as i recall, but i would need to check. I think it's in the ringwraith bust.

*Edit* I have checked, and it is indeed the bust. It looks like a metal collar. The ringwraith on steed doesn't have the metal-looking bit, but there is still a collar where the robes end and the head should be.
                Last edited by FrodoEyes; 9 January 2022, 09:05.

Comment

Interesting. Thanks, FE. I guess I have never seen a photo where the collar is trimmed in silver like the photo above. Even on the old SS bust. I guess every photo I've seen has had that part in shadow. I believe you it is there but it's crazy that I have no memory of ever seeing it.

Sorry Bilbo Skywalker for speaking on a subject that I obviously had no clue about.

Comment

It might not be trimmed in silver, it could just be because it is a hard edge the light is hitting it right and the light is catching just right on it. But without other photos of the same statue it's hard to say.

Comment

Looking at mine, it's not really a silver...more a gunmetal shade. But it's amplified by the lighting ten-fold in that post. I had an Iron Studios Ringwraith not too long ago and the same sort of collar was moderately visible as well.

Comment

Oh wow. Interesting! I never knew that. I thought Randy was messing with me at first

Regardless of the countless viewings and different collectibles through the years, it’s fun to still learn new things. Cheers everyone!

Comment

Still very nice. I would love to get one.

Comment

I remember the metal collar inside the hood was one of the first things I noticed when unpacking the statue. As Olórin the Grey mentioned, it’s the same gunmetal tone as the gauntlets.

Way back when I received my statue (well, two of them!) I think I hinted that there was a surprise detail, but I wanted you guys to discover it for yourselves!

When illuminated from the front it is extremely noticeable, unless you create the deep shadow inside the hood like in the movies... and of course what you can’t see within the darkness of the hood is more spooky!

So here, with downlighting, they're generally not visible:

Unless you really look closely:

7B65EFB1-99EE-4CB1-A626-41043C10D7DD.jpg

But with flash:

F6950840-A03E-4C7D-B8E3-4989FFA2F782.jpg

You can see the collar just visible also in NashTu's and Greyhame's photos way back in this thread:

So fortunately as you can see, it's generally not too noticeable when in shadow, but kind of a nice "easter egg" hidden detail from the movies!

"But this condition Ilúvatar made, or it is the necessity of their love, that their power should thenceforward be contained and bounded in the World, to be within it for ever, until it is complete, so that they are its life and it is theirs."

Comment

And there it is. Learned something new today too. Thanks everyone.

Comment

Nazguls wear metal armor under the cloak and the hood right? Like the headless knight in Sleepy Hollow.
                                I first noticed the collar under the hood when I attached the hand with the sword to the statue. It’s very cool detail and I wonder the statue is hollow inside like the actual one hehe.

Comment

My Ringwraith from the BF sale just shipped! So pumped. Should hopefully receive mine by Thursday.

Comment

I never noticed any of that too!! This's great, we're always learning here

Comment

Just received mine and I'm slightly underwhelmed. Although I suspect it has to do a little with the lighting in my collection and may need to consider moving things around. I was expecting the sword to be muted and rusty like the artwork. Instead what I've received appears to look like the Ringwraith is holding a sword that looks somewhat sparkly, like glitter sword, possibly because of the way it's catching the light? Anyone else see or hear of this before? Just looks a bit off in person.

Photos:
                                      https://imgur.com/a/wGIIWdI
                                      Last edited by KingElessar; 15 January 2022, 07:01.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                        And there it is. Learned something new today too. Thanks everyone.
                                        Isn't it kinda fun learning something new from something we've watched again and again over the last 20 years?
                                        I never noticed/knew this before either. And I am about to get my Classic Series Ringwraith (as soon as I get my new display cabinet)

Comment

They wore plate mail under the cloaks so that’s what the gunmetal shiny stuff is. The swords look metallic. If you want just get some diluted rust and charcoal wash and tone them down, that’s what Is do if I didn’t like it but they look ok to my eye. Thanks for the photos

Comment

Working...
                                          X