The Lord of the Rings Statue 1/6 Ringwraith of Mordor (Classic Series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Lord of the Rings Statue 1/6 Ringwraith of Mordor (Classic Series)

Wetas new statue series.

Last edited by Plat; 21 July 2020, 06:39.

DEFINITELY buying this, maybe even two to use as sort of bookends. Freakin loving these simpler pieces, really hoping the pricing is low. Will likely get Gandalf too even though I have the original SSW Gandalf, the Hobbit open edition Gandalf, the bookends Gandalf, Gandalf/Frodo on Cart, Gandalf on Gwahir... You get the point, I have a lot of Gandalfs.

Comment

I have to many Gandalfs but i can get not enough of Nazguls.

Dr.Malcolm
      Do you see any similarities

Comment

Is this a new release? I thought they would continue later on today. This piece looks badass!

Comment

Will get this for sure (and likely Gandalf aswell, even though we already have the Hobbit version - and some Gandalf miniatures), I love the fact that they are a bit more simple/classic; will likely mean the prices won't be too high either. I hope they will release more statues for this ''line'' (even though they're also 1/6).

Comment

When I placed my Ringwraith on Steed II on the shelf, I still had some space left, so I really wanted a standing ringwraith to go with the RWOS2. Looks like I'm in luck I love the small bases of these classic statues, makes them a lot easier to fit into the collection.

Comment

Wow this is pretty awesome.

Comment

I really love this! Smaller base, simple pose. Hopefully a simple price as well.

Comment

Simple and perfect!

Originally posted by HeraldElrond View Post
                  DEFINITELY buying this, maybe even two to use as sort of bookends. Freakin loving these simpler pieces, really hoping the pricing is low. Will likely get Gandalf too even though I have the original SSW Gandalf, the Hobbit open edition Gandalf, the bookends Gandalf, Gandalf/Frodo on Cart, Gandalf on Gwahir... You get the point, I have a lot of Gandalfs.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Awesome! The first time we've had a standalone Ringwraith in 1/6! Would go quite well with the witch king vs Frodo

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                      I really love this! Smaller base, simple pose. Hopefully a simple price as well.
                      It will also be around € 350 as a gandalf.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                        Awesome! The first time we've had a standalone Ringwraith in 1/6! Would go quite well with the witch king vs Frodo

That can not be a coincidence

I would never pay 350 €,max 280€
                        Last edited by Plat; 21 July 2020, 04:25.

Comment

Not so loud. HeraldElrond might hear you and he didn't pre-order the new wiki vs Frodo.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

From the couple of websites that have now listed them the price looks to be 400 USD. I wouldn't call them cheap, unless you are judging by the same pricing structure Weta has built up.
                            IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post

It will also be around € 350 as a gandalf.
                              So definitely polystone, and definitely part of the regular 1/6 line, not the new cheaper line which I think will be smaller than 1/6.

Comment

So definitely polystone, and definitely part of the regular 1/6 line, not the new cheaper line which I think will be smaller than 1/6.
                                Is it known that the supposedly "cheaper" line is made from some other material? I thought that this "classics" series is different from the regular poly series being part of the anniversary line up.
                                IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post
                                  From the couple of websites that have now listed them the price looks to be 400 USD. I wouldn't call them cheap, unless you are judging by the same pricing structure Weta has built up.
                                  $400 USD does NOT strike me as cheap. Cheap would something at $250 or under.

Comment

https://laforjaderivendel.com/lord-o...s-anillos.html

Comment

Personally I don't see any difference between these statues and the rest of the 1/6 statues Weta has produced over the years. Yes, they have "simple" poses and small bases but most of the Weta statues over the years have had simple poses and small bases.

Comment

I think people really confused what Dan said, he said there was a MC and Premium 1:6 reveal plus two cheaper statues. These two are simpler, cheaper statues. They will probably be priced in line with stuff like Grishnahk and Tauriel. I think he just meant to say that they won't just be revealing crazy expensive stuff.

People have also confused the fact that WETA is launching a NEW line separate from the 1:6 line, so very likely a different scale and material. He said it was similar in that it would likely appeal to those who collect the statues (moreso than the mini epics which are for a specific audience.)

these are regular 1:6 pieces, and will be priced as such I imagine

Comment

Working...
                                        X