SDCC 2020 Virtual Weta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First time in a long time posting a pic, signed up for Flickr, so Mods, please don't hate me if I'm doing it wrong...

dhfa;sdofa (1) by James Ash, on Flickr

dhfa;sdofa (2) by James Ash, on Flickr

Those are my first two builds. I'm gonna make a thread in the Display Case area shortly with statues n such on them as well.

Comment

Originally posted by shanesunburn View Post
      N2Darkness

Wow! It has to be it? Whose IG story?
      Don't remember, but they have them here
      https://www.blacksbricks.de/en/Figur...ting_count=180
      https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post
        I saw these a couple of days ago in someones Instagram stories, but don't know what they are.
        gandalfwhite1.jpg
        witchkingff1.jpg
        So they are Figures of Fandom pieces, as expected.

I’m sure they won’t be for everyone, but I like them and think they’ll definitely fit a certain niche.

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post

Don't remember, but they have them here
          https://www.blacksbricks.de/en/Figur...ting_count=180
          This has to be it. Figures of Fandom vinyl figures.. should be $120 USD per figure. A more detailed Mini Epics I reckon.

Comment

Oh wow, they're cool but I'm not a fan of the cartoonish fire/magic aspects. A shame, these would be super cool poses for 1:6 figures. I would love to have that Witch king.
            This is a tad disappointing, who is this for? The weird plastic FX kind of spoils what otherwise might be kind of a cool figure.

Comment

I like everything on these except the bases. I don't mind the effects, I actually kind of like them. But the bases really bother me. The figures look great, the bases make them look cheap to me. Not trying to disparage, but the base is the only thing that would keep me from buying some. I still may get the WK, I wonder if I can take it off the base...

Ithildin and N2Darkness :
              https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...-s-hobbit-hole

Comment

HeraldElrond That looks very nice. Solid job man.
                —————————-

So this new line was I thought it was and teased a little. They look very cool. I hope you all like them as much as I thought you all would when I was asked about them.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                  HeraldElrond That looks very nice. Solid job man.
                  —————————-

So this new line was I thought it was and teased a little. They look very cool. I hope you all like them as much as I thought you all would when I was asked about them.
                  Thanks man! I know they're not perfect, learned a lot of lessons building them that I won't repeat lol.

I do like the new line, but price is gonna be a factor. If these are around the same or more than the mini epics then I think I'd probably rather have the mini epics. I've been on the fence about getting the mini-epic Fellowship for a while now. I like em, I just like giant jaw dropping pieces way more.

Comment

They look okay, definately better than the mini epic line for me, but the bases look a bit cheap'ish. Also not a fan of the fire effects of the wraith. They don't even use magic in the films, right? Or am I getting old?

Comment

Originally posted by HeraldElrond View Post

Thanks man! I know they're not perfect, learned a lot of lessons building them that I won't repeat lol.

I do like the new line, but price is gonna be a factor. If these are around the same or more than the mini epics then I think I'd probably rather have the mini epics. I've been on the fence about getting the mini-epic Fellowship for a while now. I like em, I just like giant jaw dropping pieces way more.
                      No problem. They look good to me. I’d be proud of them that’s for darn sure.

I expect they’ll be more than the mini epics. Probably something like $120-$150 would be my guess. The mini epics are worth mixing in even if you’re collection is mostly those giant pieces. If all you get is the Fellowship that will blend nicely with what you have.

Comment

I personally like them. I think they fit other licences more (for example I’m going to be getting all the anime ones), but they definitely have a niche for sure. I don’t think they’re necessarily aimed at the polystone collectors as a whole, although I’m sure many will get some to complement other pieces.

As a whole I think it’s good to have more choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis View Post
                          I personally like them. I think they fit other licences more (for example I’m going to be getting all the anime ones), but they definitely have a niche for sure. I don’t think they’re necessarily aimed at the polystone collectors as a whole, although I’m sure many will get some to complement other pieces.

As a whole I think it’s good to have more choice.
                          Agreed. Me 10 years ago would have LOVED these, but I've gotten older and pickier since then.

Comment

The bases are typical anime style bases ,does not match the lord of the rings.

Comment

I like them. A clear message to Asmus, Iron Studios, etc. I'd prefer to be able to remove the effects.

Comment

I like most of it, except for the cartoony effects and base. But overall I think it will serve people who think poly is too expensive and mini epics are too cartoony. But I will not get them.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                                  The bases are typical anime style bases ,does not match the lord of the rings.
                                  Like I say, they’re definitely more anime suited as such, but I still think they’re nicely designed and pretty cool. If they’re $99-$119 like the others have been marketed as, they’ll do well I think.

Comment

If these are todays announcement of the new line - color me very very disappointed.

Comment

First of all, not a fan of people spoiling things before they are ready to be revealed. I hadn't shown much mercy for the people doing it if it was my products.

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

No problem. They look good to me. I’d be proud of them that’s for darn sure.

I expect they’ll be more than the mini epics. Probably something like $120-$150 would be my guess. The mini epics are worth mixing in even if you’re collection is mostly those giant pieces. If all you get is the Fellowship that will blend nicely with what you have.
                                      I don't understand why they should be more expensive than the other FoF statues.
                                      I never expected all of us here to like them. They are quite different from the polystone statues. And I don't think Weta plan to win us old fashioned poly people over to vinyl. But there are probably people out there who really like them like this, and find their soze much more doable than the ever more massive 1/6 line.

But I agree on the bases. The look rather plain and boring. I know they are similar to those of Borderlands 3 and APEX, but somehow that style fit less with The Lord of the Rings than those two licenses. Something a bit more ornate would be better, but they could still be one colour.

Here comes the FoU Collectibles Council to the rescue once more! PM us Weta and we'll name our fee.

And a heads up for both myself and all others here. As Weta expand on different branches of Middle-Earth collectibles, there's a good chance we will get new members who have no interest in polystone or MC statues, but may live for the next FoF release. Even if we have no interest and find some of the new stuff unappealing, let's welcome the newcomers with open arms and let's refrain from becoming elitist.

Comment

Who would have thought 10 years ago that we would be here in 2020 (with face masks) having whimsical, stylished vinyl figures from several manufactores, 12" action figures from Asmus, 1/10 scale figures and dioramas from Iron Studios, 1/8 vinyl figures, 1/6 poly figures, MCs amd more from Weta and 1/4 scale figures from Prime 1 Studios.

Middle-Earth is really making itself noticed among the crazy pop culture worlds.

Comment

Everyone is free to collect what he wants, I would never allow myself to say anything bad about it.

The more people collect the better.
                                          It's great that there is something for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                                          X