SDCC 2020 Virtual Weta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
    Thanks for the vid Josh - I think Gandalf is maybe in Moria as the base looks like that to me, plus he has his the costume he wears after the fellowship is formed.
    But he has his pipe staff that is taken by Saruman, it would have to be before the Fellowship is formed as he would have the "Moria" crystal staff.

edit RandyBaggins beat me to it. ???????
    https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

I have high hopes for this classic line, very excited. We could get another great Aragon statue for people who missed out on the Amon Hen one. But they’ll cost me £350 total so I think I can wait, I’m sure they’ll appear for cheaper somewhere down the road. Plus as I already have the main characters where will I fit these? Upgrade the old ones maybe, but I have great sentimental value towards them.

Thanks for the vid Josh - I think Gandalf is maybe in Moria as the base looks like that to me, plus he has his the costume he wears after the fellowship is formed.
      Same here high hopes and excited about that classic line, I have no intention to buy all the old ones again but will be happy to get a new pose/scene in a quieter style for my favourite characters and hopefully we will see unexplored ones too.

Comment

My first guess was Weathertop too, but just check Wetas item description guys

Ringwraith at Bree:

20200721_083731.jpg

Gandalf at Minas Tirith:

Screenshot_20200721-084153_Chrome.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post

But he has his pipe staff that is taken by Saruman, it would have to be before the Fellowship is formed as he would have the "Moria" crystal staff.

edit RandyBaggins beat me to it. ???????
          Of course, how could I make that mistake
          I’m glad they went for the pipe staff.

Comment

Poopin Pippin could finally be usurped from my collection if he is added to this new line in Hobbit attire to match the original Merriadoc

Comment

I’m glad they went for the pipe staff.
              I'm not.

If we were supposed to finally get a new and cohesive Fellowship set, Gandalf already ruined that out of the gate by holding his pre-Fellowship staff.

Comment

You can't display this Gandalf next to a Legolas he never bore this staff while meeting him? That's a new level of nitpicking

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                  You can't display this Gandalf next to a Legolas he never bore this staff while meeting him? That's a new level of nitpicking
                  See my full reasoning in the Gandalf thread.

Oh, I can display them next to each other no problem. In fact, since the two of them already knew each other before the Fellowship formed, that's not even an issue. Heck, I have Bard next to Lurtz. Why? I dunno... space and... bows? Whatever.

However, if I am trying to theme together an actual, accurate Fellowship, heck yeah, I'm going to nitpick. I fully own up to being silly about these things, but it's my collection after all, so I can choose what makes sense and what doesn't.

Comment

Of course, nobody said otherwise.

If Weta had made this mistake on the Fellowship statue set, it would had been worse.

Comment

That would have been inexcusable. This only rates as high as a very personal annoyance, nothing more.

Comment

I have high hopes for this classic line, very excited. We could get another great Aragon statue for people who missed out on the Amon Hen one. But they’ll cost me £350 total so I think I can wait, I’m sure they’ll appear for cheaper somewhere down the road. Plus as I already have the main characters where will I fit these? Upgrade the old ones maybe, but I have great sentimental value towards them.

I have high hopes too. Been waiting for some more static (and slightly more affordable pieces) for a while now. I really hope they will release a new Gimli in that line. I have his miniature, but missing a 1/6 statue and he’s one of my favorites from LOTR. A new Aragorn would be great aswell. Or an affordable Galadriel, etc. So yeah, hope

Comment

seriously I LOVE the new classic line - the thing is that I have no space for more statues what to do what to do...

Comment

Originally posted by Rena Gilthoniel View Post
                            seriously I LOVE the new classic line - the thing is that I have no space for more statues what to do what to do...
                            Buy a bigger house? It’s the option we picked

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Buy a bigger house? It’s the option we picked
                              aah well that would be a good solution indeed but not possible for me for now but ya know I am going to pre-order the classic statues anyway (I am weak), I will try to make some dedicated space in my room, I have time till February 2021 it is a great hobby to collect LOTR Weta statues but the space is always an issue for those living in a flat and especially if you have also some statues from other fantasy/game lines

Comment

Originally posted by Rena Gilthoniel View Post

aah well that would be a good solution indeed but not possible for me for now but ya know I am going to pre-order the classic statues anyway (I am weak), I will try to make some dedicated space in my room, I have time till February 2021 it is a great hobby to collect LOTR Weta statues but the space is always an issue for those living in a flat and especially if you have also some statues from other fantasy/game lines
                                Tell me about it we have been living in flats/apartments for a few years. Room for statues has been a problem the last few years, especially since we also collect movies and tv shows. Thank god we finally have the means to move to a real house. Dedicated tv room with a lot of storage.

Wise of you to buy them anyway! You have a few months to figure out where you will place them hope you get some more room soon!

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

Great video Josh! Love the ending title
                                  Thanks I know. I don’t know why it did that but it usually just puts my name there so I didn’t bother to look. Doh!

My pleasure. The reason I thought Minas Tirith was the base looks like light grey stone steps. Plus he has his scarf which he may be wearing when he goes to find Isildur’s Scroll. I can’t recall exactly if he’s wearing it then but I seem to remember it. Neither of which he has in Moria though I admit at first I did think maybe he was could be from that but the scarf made me cancel that idea.

Comment

We are a couple of days into Weta's Comic-Con celebration and I want to thank Idril and Elessar for the work they have put into this for the forum. Much appreiciated

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                      We are a couple of days into Weta's Comic-Con celebration and I want to thank Idril and Elessar for the work they have put into this for the forum. Much appreiciated

I will only speak for myself but it’s absolutely my pleasure. I love this place and I love you guys. You guys are always amazing to me every time I post a picture or video. I can’t give you all my usual Comic-Con treatment so I hope this works with what’s going on.

Edit: You guys are always amazing to me with any post but especially so when I post a picture of video. So thanks again to you all for always making me feel like I didn’t fail when I post those pictures/videos.
                                      Last edited by Elessar; 21 July 2020, 23:26.

Comment

Should the next announcement have already been made ?!

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post
                                          Should the next announcement have already been made ?!
                                          No, tonight the next one. Times of reveals are clearly stated here: https://www.wetaworkshop.com/comicconathome

Comment

Working...
                                          X