• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
    First Comic-Con at Home Newscast.
    Thanks Josh! Good stuff

Comment

Originally posted by Mitheithel View Post

Thanks Josh! Good stuff
      My pleasure. Appreciate the kind words. It’s probably nothing special but best I can offer anyone since there isn’t a show.

Comment

Loved the first video Josh. Thanks so much for doing it and I'm looking forward to your next one! One bit of comment, you mentioned that the Ringwraith is from the Weathertop scene but I believe it is from the Prancing Pony scene instead. Right before they start stabbing the empty beds. It will certainly go with the Weathertop scene beautifully though.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
          Loved the first video Josh. Thanks so much for doing it and I'm looking forward to your next one! One bit of comment, you mentioned that the Ringwraith is from the Weathertop scene but I believe it is from the Prancing Pony scene instead. Right before they start stabbing the empty beds. It will certainly go with the Weathertop scene beautifully though.
          Thank you Absolutely my pleasure (I know I say that a lot ). I hadn’t thought about that scene (though if I had read the entire product page it does mention Bree). It just reminded me of the opening moments on Weathertop more because of the pose/floor. If anything that makes it better that it could fit with either set up depending on what one has in their collection.

Comment

Thank you Absolutely my pleasure (I know I say that a lot ). I hadn’t thought about that scene (though if I had read the entire product page it does mention Bree). It just reminded me of the opening moments on Weathertop more because of the pose/floor. If anything that makes it better that it could fit with either set up depending on what one has in their collection.
            When I saw it my mind went right to that moment in the Prancing Pony but I think they do the same thing at Weathertop, so it really makes this piece flexible in peoples collections.

At the 0:38 mark

Comment

When I saw it my mind went right to that moment in the Prancing Pony but I think they do the same thing at Weathertop, so it really makes this piece flexible in peoples collections.
              That’s funny. Same statue. Same pose in both sequences but we ended up at two different spots. Maybe they meant to do that. I agree it’s a very flexible piece in that regard.

Comment

That’s funny. Same statue. Same pose in both sequences but we ended up at two different spots. Maybe they meant to do that. I agree it’s a very flexible piece in that regard.
                Thinking about that, it's almost a kind of ritual they perform before slaughtering people. Something like, "For those about to die, we salute you."

Comment

Great service,thanks Josh

Comment

NEXT

MASTER COLLECTION from The Hobbit

11pm London time
                    8am Sydney time
                    6pm New York time

Comment

That is the DAY!

Can hardly wait, the adrenaline is already shooting up and there are almost 17 hours to go.

Comment

Thinking about that, it's almost a kind of ritual they perform before slaughtering people. Something like, "For those about to die, we salute you."
                        At least they’re consistent.

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                        Great service,thanks Josh
                        My pleasure.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                          That is the DAY!

Can hardly wait, the adrenaline is already shooting up and there are almost 17 hours to go.

Yes me too. I can’t wait

Comment

I'm pretty sure they have made the base for Weathertop, with the rocks lying around. That is no inn floor. But yeah it's definitely flexible for both scenarios.
                            IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

One of the most chilling characters in The Fellowship of the Ring, captured in sculpture by Brigitte Wuest. We’ve recreated the classic Ringwraith portrait at the scene of Bree, complete with highly detailed fabric folds and textures. The perfect size for your shelf or desk display.
                              Weta's own description says Bree. But you can use them both ways of course

Comment

Originally posted by RandyBaggins View Post

I'm pretty sure they have made the base for Weathertop, with the rocks lying around. That is no inn floor. But yeah it's definitely flexible for both scenarios.
                                I'd say it looks almost identical to this pose on Weathertop.

ringwraith010603a.jpg
                                https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

Comment

First Comic-Con at Home Newscast.
                                  Great video Josh! Love the ending title

Comment

So far, so good!
                                    Lots of things to chew over and indeed, some exciting new ideas. Looking forward to the BIG reveals coming soon
                                    Last edited by Dave Mac; 21 July 2020, 19:42.

Comment

Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post

I'd say it looks almost identical to this pose on Weathertop.

ringwraith010603a.jpg
                                      Yes they even use the same image as background for the item in the LOTR section.

This is an amazing statue and wise choice by Weta, that pose is just simple and fantastic.

Comment

I have high hopes for this classic line, very excited. We could get another great Aragon statue for people who missed out on the Amon Hen one. But they’ll cost me £350 total so I think I can wait, I’m sure they’ll appear for cheaper somewhere down the road. Plus as I already have the main characters where will I fit these? Upgrade the old ones maybe, but I have great sentimental value towards them.

Thanks for the vid Josh - I think Gandalf is maybe in Moria as the base looks like that to me, plus he has his the costume he wears after the fellowship is formed.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                                          I have high hopes for this classic line, very excited. We could get another great Aragon statue for people who missed out on the Amon Hen one. But they’ll cost me £350 total so I think I can wait, I’m sure they’ll appear for cheaper somewhere down the road. Plus as I already have the main characters where will I fit these? Upgrade the old ones maybe, but I have great sentimental value towards them.

Thanks for the vid Josh - I think Gandalf is maybe in Moria as the base looks like that to me, plus he has his the costume he wears after the fellowship is formed.
                                          This is pre-Fellowship Gandalf (with the pipe staff) and the description says he's hurrying down the steps in Minas Tirith, when he goes to find the scroll of Isildur
                                          IG: @randy_bagginses

Comment

Working...
                                          X