Edition #1 Auctions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How fantastic would it be if PJ was the winner of one or more of these pieces and at the end Daniel Falconer had an interview with him as he collected his prizes? Then at the end they announced a directors cut LOTR in 4k for the 20th anniversary. God this quarantine has me living in the land of make believe.

Comment

I heard a rumor that the Middle-earth collection is coming to 4K sometime this year though.

Comment

Originally posted by Greyhame View Post
        I heard a rumor that the Middle-earth collection is coming to 4K sometime this year though.
        Yup same!

Comment

Don't know if I'll shell out more for a 4K version. Honestly my Blu-ray version picture quality is amazing. Now if we get new added scenes to the films, I'll be falling over myself to get my wallet out.

Also, those final bids are mind blowing.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
            Rivendell sold for $9300
            Dang.. only $8000 over my budget

Comment

A single bid increment was over my budget

Comment

9300... Absolutely mental. Would have been great if Weta decided to donate the highest bid item to charity rather then select the item before hand.

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post
                  How fantastic would it be if PJ was the winner of one or more of these pieces and at the end Daniel Falconer had an interview with him as he collected his prizes? Then at the end they announced a directors cut LOTR in 4k for the 20th anniversary. God this quarantine has me living in the land of make believe.
                  I thought PJ was co-founder (and co-owner) of Weta Workshop and would "automatically" get one of each Weta statues once they are released? Or so I read somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post

I thought PJ was co-founder (and co-owner) of Weta Workshop and would "automatically" get one of each Weta statues once they are released? Or so I read somewhere.
                    Peter Jackson owns 33% of the overall company which includes weta digital. He may well already have one of the artist proofs. It’s unlikely he is the one bidding on the items imo. If he had wanted them previously he could have easily gotten them without weta going through the process of an auction.

Comment

Do Tanya and Richard own the other 1/3rds?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                        Do Tanya and Richard own the other 1/3rds?
                        Yes as far as I know they’re the other 1/3 owners each.

Comment

Well, think of how much PJ could make by selling some of those LOTR props he has had in warehouse storage for all these years. He would make bank.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                            Well, think of how much PJ could make by selling some of those LOTR props he has had in warehouse storage for all these years. He would make bank.
                            Peter Jackson’s net worth is already half a billion dollars. He wouldn’t make much compared to how much money he already has if he decided to sell his LOTR props for whatever reason.

Comment

I was gonna say, a million dollars probably isn’t that big of a deal for Peter Jackson. He doesn’t need to sell the props and I’m sure there’s gotta be sentimental value as well.

Comment

Sure I hear ya, then donate it to charity but why let all that stuff sit unseen for decades until it all rots?

Comment

Sure I hear ya, then donate it to charity but why let all that stuff sit unseen for decades until it all rots?
                                  I thought it was all going in Weta’s new museum soon!

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

Yes as far as I know they’re the other 1/3 owners each.
                                    That's correct for Weta Workshop. Richard and Tania sold their share of Weta Digital a while ago though.

PJ is known to be very "greedy" and protective of any LOTR props etc. He will never let them go for auctions or otherwise. In fact some of the items that did manage to get out - he is know to bid on them to try and get them.

Originally posted by Valar View Post

That fell through a couple of years ago unfortunately. Mainly problems with the Wellington City Council and some other details. Richard did say it was a very sore topic for him. I think it will happen in the future but it may take a number of years if they decide to pursue it again.

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

Haven't heard anything about that in a long time. Jan, you heard anything?

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post

PJ is known to be very "greedy" and protective of any LOTR props etc. He will never let them go for auctions or otherwise. In fact some of the items that did manage to get out - he is know to bid on them to try and get them.

That fell through a couple of years ago unfortunately. Mainly problems with the Wellington City Council and some other details. Richard did say it was a very sore topic for him. I think it will happen in the future but it may take a number of years if they decide to pursue it again.
                                        Ah, that’s a shame

Weren’t you mentioning making your own museum Keith, or were you referring to your future collection room so to speak? Maybe we could convince good old PJ to just “lend” you the ring... I mean, bigatures

Comment

Haven't heard anything about that in a long time. Jan, you heard anything?
                                          See my post above

Comment

Working...
                                          X