Mill & Bridge Environment

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytrain View Post

Thanks Orc - oh, I'll be spending more time on it for sure (and will post pics later), this was just an experiment to see how much difference I could make in a short space of time - in no time at all it was looking better so I'm sure Weta could do this cost effectively if they wanted to... I'll probably do the grass too, as its particularly dark near the base of the stonework on both the bridge and the mill

To be honest, I'm okay with the water colour so I'll probably leave that - is the water just painted on or is there a clear coating on it??

One big concern I do have is that with all these repaints, doing my Mill and Bridge extension (to match up with the GD one I did) will be a nightmare to colour match for everyone!!
    I think that nearly nobody had recognized that the black painted Bridge also exists in the Productphotos on Wetas Webside.
    Only the first Photo on the Webside shows the Bridge from above and here the Bridge is not that black as in the second picture.

Don`t know which picture Weta took as an example for painting cause many different pictures with many different Bridgecolours exist in the Internet.
    The picture I (and you) used as example perhaps shows a new build Bridge with fresh stones.
    On other photos the Bridge looks more altered / dirtier.

For me the fresh colours of the Bridge look more beautiful than the dark black colours, cause these belong more to the colourful Hobbiton.and Shire.

I used only a coating for the watersurface cause mine looked somehow satin and not really like glossy water.For my taste it looks better now.

As I saw,not all of the delivered environments show the same dark Bridge`s so I can imagine myself that it will be difficult to choose the right colour for your Mill and Bridge extension.

Comment

Originally posted by Orc from Morc View Post

I think that nearly nobody had recognized that the black painted Bridge also exists in the Productphotos on Wetas Webside.
      Only the first Photo on the Webside shows the Bridge from above and here the Bridge is not that black as in the second picture.

Don`t know which picture Weta took as an example for painting cause many different pictures with many different Bridgecolours exist in the Internet.
      The picture I (and you) used as example perhaps shows a new build Bridge with fresh stones.
      On other photos the Bridge looks more altered / dirtier.

For me the fresh colours of the Bridge look more beautiful than the dark black colours, cause these belong more to the colourful Hobbiton.and Shire.

I used only a coating for the watersurface cause mine looked somehow satin and not really like glossy water.For my taste it looks better now.

As I saw,not all of the delivered environments show the same dark Bridge`s so I can imagine myself that it will be difficult to choose the right colour for your Mill and Bridge extension.

This is the production photo Weta sent me to justify that mine was 'normal':

Apparently this has been approved by Dave and Leonard

As regards my extension, I think I'll just ask anyone that wants one to send me a photo of their Mill and Bridge and try and match up each one individually - extra work I know, but its the only way I can think of...

Do you have a picture of your new water??

Comment

Originally posted by crazytrain View Post

As regards my extension, I think I'll just ask anyone that wants one to send me a photo of their Mill and Bridge and try and match up each one individually - extra work I know, but its the only way I can think of...

Do you have a picture of your new water??
        I also can't understand that Dave and Leonard approved this black bridge, but they are sculptors and may not be responsible for or have no control over the following paint job.
        Concerning the water on my Mill and Bridge you may have a look here.

https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...372#post195372

But it also depends on the viewing angle and the incidence of light to see all the reflections.

Comment

Dave and Leonard may like the colour of the bridge that they 'approved' of, or they may not. Just because one 'approves' of something doesn't always mean that one likes it.

To me the bridge in the production photo you were sent crazytrain would fit perfectly with the scouring of the Shire. As my Bridge and Mill gets ever closer to being delivered the more worried I get. I have repainted a couple of small Weta things, and for me it is not as easy as others have made it sound. The best thing about acrylic paints is that you can wash then off before they dry! I have found that rubbing alcohol will take off the paint after it is dried, but this will take off the primer and Weta paint as well.

Maybe it well come badly broken and I can just get my money back.

Comment

Thanks OfM, looks amazing

Comment

I was order the mill
              it looks great,i hope to receive it with no issues
              "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                Dave and Leonard may like the colour of the bridge that they 'approved' of, or they may not. Just because one 'approves' of something doesn't always mean that one likes it.

To me the bridge in the production photo you were sent crazytrain would fit perfectly with the scouring of the Shire. As my Bridge and Mill gets ever closer to being delivered the more worried I get. I have repainted a couple of small Weta things, and for me it is not as easy as others have made it sound. The best thing about acrylic paints is that you can wash then off before they dry! I have found that rubbing alcohol will take off the paint after it is dried, but this will take off the primer and Weta paint as well.

Maybe it well come badly broken and I can just get my money back.
                I am sure you can try your hand on a light painting of the bridge, Min

Comment

I really don't have an issue with the bridge, it's certainly not 'black' to me. Although I have yet to open mine. Maybe it's just a bit darker than usual because it's been raining

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                    Maybe it's just a bit darker than usual because it's been raining
                    and you're wearing sunglasses

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                      I really don't have an issue with the bridge, it's certainly not 'black' to me. Although I have yet to open mine. Maybe it's just a bit darker than usual because it's been raining
                      My sentiment exactly. Though if I ever do try my hand and touching up and repainting I would def. give it a go. Can't deny that the repaints from crazytrain and Orc from Morc are really amazing stuff. Great job all.

Comment

On the topic of oddly place black paint... I received two Bag Ends both of which used black paint on all the chimneys and by the front door mat. They used to be reddish and dirt colored in the previous releases from what I can tell by pictures. They seem to like black paint more now.

Disappointing but besides that this piece looks beautiful and I can’t wait to get mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Bilbo Skywalker View Post
                          On the topic of oddly place black paint... I received two Bag Ends both of which used black paint on all the chimneys and by the front door mat. They used to be reddish and dirt colored in the previous releases from what I can tell by pictures. They seem to like black paint more now.

Disappointing but besides that this piece looks beautiful and I can’t wait to get mine.
                          Did you raise the issue with Weta? If it's multiple pieces, it could still be a quality control issue.

Comment

Originally posted by FuriousSimian View Post

Did you raise the issue with Weta? If it's multiple pieces, it could still be a quality control issue.
                            I ordered them on eBay with Secret Compass. First one was returned because of QC black paint splatter on the walkway and a few other small issues. Kindly sent me a replacement with no splatter but they both unfortunately had black chimneys and black doormats. Didn’t want to be a pain and return again.

Comment

Köszönöm Orc Morc-tól !!
                              A különbség látható! 1.jpg image_15424.jpg
                              4 (2).jpg 3.jpg

Translation:
                              Thanks from Orc Morc
                              The difference is visible!
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by Minuialwen; 27 October 2020, 10:51. Reason: Added translation

Comment

Did Morc repaint this for you bishop?

Comment

What a difference. Looks amazing bishop and Orc from Morc !
                                  Was the bridge repainted too?

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                    Did Morc repaint this for you bishop?
                                    Yes, he repainted the bridge.

Thanks. IMG_0406.jpg IMG_0570.jpg IMG_0403.jpg IMG_0572.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post

Soooo much better

Comment

bishop Thank you for sharing these before/after pictures. If you don`t mind.Here`s another Outside Photo from your Mill&Bridge.

Bishop MillandBridge.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by bishop View Post

Thanks. IMG_0406.jpg IMG_0570.jpg IMG_0403.jpg IMG_0572.jpg
                                          They're fantastic photos, it looks great.

Can't wait to receive mine - whenever that is!

Comment

Working...
                                          X