Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post

... Go big or go home!
    You are speaking very literally because if I bought a 1/1 Smaug, my wife would make *sure* I wouldn't have a home to go back to.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post

You are speaking very literally because if I bought a 1/1 Smaug, my wife would make *sure* I wouldn't have a home to go back to.
      You can always hollow Smaug out to make a new home!

Comment

Well, if the new MC turns out to be something from the Hobbit, I'll definitely have more money to spend on Prime 1 LOTR pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
          Well, if the new MC turns out to be something from the Hobbit, I'll definitely have more money to spend on Prime 1 LOTR pieces.
          I somehow doubt it is from The Hobbit trilogy

Comment

I've been thinking a bit of what the new MC could be and how it could outdo Treebeard and one thing I could imagine is a charging Mûmakil with a full set of Haradrim soldiers on top. As to scale... How large would a 1:30 scale Mûmakil be... Probably too large... Perhaps 1:50 scale...?
            Attached Files

Comment

But wouldn't a 1:50 scale haradhrim be too small? I have a 1:30 scale Elrond and the details are very nice and crisp. I know a 1/30 scale Mumakil would be huge, but oh wow, so impressive. And who doesn't want an elephant in their home?

Comment

Yeah, 1:50 probably would be a bit small. I imagined 1:30 since it's already an established scale in the diorama line.Perhaps a Mûmakil in 1:30 would be about a metre in length? That's probably doable

Comment

comiccon10

Comment

So true.

Comment

So would a 1.1 smaug come with a free lake town theme park now that a idea
                      watch out uni and disney weta are coming

Comment

This time next week we will be settling down to watch VIP night.....

7 DAYS to GO !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                          This time next week we will be settling down to watch VIP night.....

7 DAYS to GO !!!!
                          Yes!!!
                          "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
                          ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

For those going to SDCC haha

Screenshot_20190711-151128_Facebook.jpg
                            Attached Files

Comment

Can't say I have thought that was much of a problem going to SDCC - or does that mean it was me who was the smelly one?

Comment

Maybe I missed something but is Weta going to have any new lotr or Hobbit pieces for sale?

So far in their emails all they keep promoting are some new world stuff

Im wondering if there will be anything for us

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
                                  Maybe I missed something but is Weta going to have any new lotr or Hobbit pieces for sale?

So far in their emails all they keep promoting are some new world stuff

Im wondering if there will be anything for us
                                  Of course there will. All they're doing is showcasing different licenses they have. You can bet Middle-Earth will be one of these 'worlds'.
                                  I'm intrigued by the Ghostbusters announcement. Will they just be Mini Epics like Alien, Apes etc?

Comment

Just

only

6 DAYS to GO !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                      Just

only

6 DAYS to GO !!!
                                      It get longer and longer
                                      Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Of course there will. All they're doing is showcasing different licenses they have. You can bet Middle-Earth will be one of these 'worlds'.
                                        I'm intrigued by the Ghostbusters announcement. Will they just be Mini Epics like Alien, Apes etc?
                                        I’m sure LOTR and Hobbit is in the mix.

I’m looking forward to the Ghostbusters stuff too! One of my most favourite movies as a teen.

Scriff

Comment

Chapter 6

Celeborn: "By river you have the chance of outrunning the enemy."

[As the Elf Lord speaks, the Flamer Fellowship climb into the boats. Paddles splash into the water, and the Fellowship rows through the river, past the Elves onshore.]

[The sun is reaching its rosy fingers over the hills. Voices sing with the rising dawn.]

Elves:

"Ai! laurië lantar lassi súrien,
                                          Yéni úntimë ve rámar aldaron!
                                          yéni ve lintë yuldar avánier
                                          mi oromardi lisse-miruvóreva
                                          Andúnë pella Vardo tellumar
                                          nu luini yassen tintilar i eleni…"

(Alas! Like collector’s gold fall the leaves in the wind,
                                          long years of debt numberless as the wings of the trees!
                                          The long years have passed like swift draughts
                                          of the sweet funds in lofty financial institutions beyond the West,
                                          beneath the vaults of Varda wherein the gold coins
                                          tremble in the song of SDCC’s voice…)

[The voices continue, a song of the sorrow of the Elven collectors.]

[As the boats move further downstream, Legolarse's eyes stare distantly. He smiles, remembering long ago the feeling of being debt-free.]

Galadriel: "My gift for you, Legolarse, is a bow of the Galadhrim, worthy of the skill of our woodland kin."

Legolarse : “To shoot down those SDCC prices! I mean… enemies.”

[Galadriel smiles, and turns to MaxGoof -Merry and Pippin.]

Galadriel: "These are the daggers of the Noldorin. They have already seen service in the price war."

Galadriel: "Do not fear, young Peregrin Took. You will find your courage to resist any pre-orders."

Galadriel: "And for you, Samwise Gamgee: Elven rope, made of hithlain."

Samwise The Brave : "Thank you, my lady."

[He looks sidelong at the blades held by MaxGoof -Merry and Pippin, then looks up hopefully.]

Samwise The Brave : "Have you run out of those nice, shiny daggers? I could sell ‘em on eBay to get more SDCC bargains! Er… I mean… more of this very handy rope."

[The Lady of the Galadhrim smiles, and turns to the next Fellowship member in line.]

[It is Gimlifn, who diverts his eyes downwards.]

Galadriel: "And what gift would a Dwarf ask of the Elves?"

Gimlifn [grunting]: "Nothing."

[a change comes over him; he looks up]

Gimlifn : "Except to look upon the reveals of SDCC one last time, for they are more fair than all the jewels beneath the earth!"

[Galadriel giggles, smiling at the Dwarf.]

Galadriel: "You will have to make do with these instead, Gimlifn."

[She hands him three of her long golden hairs.]

Gimlifn [mumbles]: "I could trade these for a Mini Epic, I suppose…"

[From another boat, Elessar glances towards them, then away. He too is remembering the farewell on the shores of Lothlorien.]

Galadriel: "I have nothing greater to give, than the gift you already bear. Your new iPhone XS Max. For your love of SDCC, I fear her memory space… will diminish."

[The two share a sorrow in their eyes.]

Galadriel: "You have your own choice to make, Elessar… to rise above the height of all your Flamers since the days of Elendil, or to fall into debt… with all that is left of your kin!"

Galadriel: "Namárië." (Farewell.)

[ FrodoEyes sits in his boat with Samwise The Brave and Elessar. He hears the echo of her voice in his mind.]

Galadriel: "Farewell, Frodo Baggins. I give you the light of Eärendil, our most beloved star."

[She kisses him on the forehead.]

Galadriel: "May it be a light for you, in dark places, when all other lights go out.”

FrodoEyes : [looking startled] “What do you mean, ‘when all other lights go out’?”

Galadriel: “With all of the statues you have ordered, you may no longer afford your power bill."

[The Fellowship sails out onto the river and leaves Lórien behind.]

Celeborn: [whispers] “Is there any hope for them?

Galadriel: [whispers] “Not even a fool’s hope, I -…I mean… [speaks up] Even the smallest person can change the course of the future!" [waves]

TheWhiteHand : [telepathically] “So… they have chosen… debt. You did not seriously think that a hobbit could contend with the will of SDCC? There are none who can.”

TheWhiteHand : [telepathically] “Against the power of the new Masters statue, there can be no victory.”

Galadriel: [telepathically] “You know this? How?"

TheWhiteHand : [telepathically] “I have seen it.”

Sirjump : “This is grave news indeed. I do hope they packed some extra socks.”

Celeborn: “Perhaps it is time for us to leave Poly-Middle Earth to its own fate…”

Elrond: [telepathically] "And yet to have come so far, still bearing the Card, the hobbit has shown extraordinary resilience to its evil."

Galadriel: "Yes. Hope yet remains… while the company is true."

[The river Anduin.]

[The Fellowship passes out onto a larger branch of the Anduin beneath sheer cliffs.]

[Dark shapes are glimpsed moving through the trees on the riverbank, as the three boats carrying the Fellowship continue their voyage.]

Here ends Chapter 6 of The Lord of the Rings: The Desolation of SDCC

Comment

Working...
                                          X