Galadriel, Dark Queen 1/6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stig View Post
    I feel like I've heard "number 11" more than any other number in this thread
    Nr 5 also

Comment

I had trouble with one of the arms too but twisting it as I put it in got it in place.

Comment

Fortunately everything fit perfectly on mine, but still took about an hour to assemble.

Trying to twist and navigate each piece into position, without breaking it, between all the other delicate components without breaking them, requires a bit of perseverance/patience with a steady hand!

Comment

So the good news is I got the last piece in this morning. I referenced Morc from Orc’s pic to make sure I had it the right way and forced it in.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
            So the good news is I got the last piece in this morning. I referenced Morc from Orc’s pic to make sure I had it the right way and forced it in.
            Gee, forcing things in place is always a fun feeling.

Comment

Part nr 5 kills me,i have contacted Weta now.

Comment

Plat I think 5 and 6 were labeled the wrong way around. Can’t you attach 5?

Comment

That's it Idril, I figured it out quite easily but I changed the labels in the box just in case I had to put it back there.
                  I too had a serious problem with her right arm so that I had to play with the cutter to scrape the paint and some poly in order to reduce that awful gap between her arm and her shoulder.
                  It worked fine but I did spend 1 hour to do it.
                  This is a true beauty and having the three Galadriel statues It's hard for me to choose between her and the Dol Guldur one. The Sideshow one is so simple that it makes her beauty but this one has so many intricate pieces that you can only bend to Brigitte and the team for that incredible piece of art.

20200726_113008.jpg
                  Attached Files

Comment

Mine was in the right place, it just doesn't fit, I'm afraid to damage the statue.

Comment

Would really like a picture with all the Galadriel together. Kinda miffed I managed to miss two new iterations of a character I enjoy so much.

Originally posted by Thormm View Post
                      This is a true beauty and having the three Galadriel statues It's hard for me to choose between her and the Dol Guldur one. The Sideshow one is so simple that it makes her beauty but this one has so many intricate pieces that you can only bend to Brigitte and the team for that incredible piece of art.
                      After posting this you have no choice.

Comment

Originally posted by egel View Post
                        Would really like a picture with all the Galadriel together. Kinda miffed I managed to miss two new iterations of a character I enjoy so much.
                        I hope you will get a chance at the fourth one.

Comment

Is there anyway of still finding her as ive scoured the net and all sold out or for insane prices? Yea she looks beautiful.

Comment

I'm afraid you won't get her at a normal price.

Comment

Would $600 be too much for one that has a tiny flake fall off he neck? Or you might as well pay $900 for a new one? Or maybe I should cut my loss and buy the old one for cheaper. Not as cool though.

Comment

Originally posted by nordicconqueror View Post
                                Would $600 be too much for one that has a tiny flake fall off he neck? Or you might as well pay $900 for a new one? Or maybe I should cut my loss and buy the old one for cheaper. Not as cool though.
                                I think for an sold out piece a resonable price with this damage but you alone must decide this.

Comment

Originally posted by nordicconqueror View Post
                                  Depending on where you live she seems to be still in stock (it says preorder) at a French retailer to whom I bought many statues.

The guy is not only reasonable about the prices but also very kind.
                                  The site is sharpedgecollection.

Hope it helps.

Comment

My Galadriels' - with their respective rings of power

20200808_000119.jpg

Comment

Looks great!

Comment

Congrats.
                                        This combination looks very well.

Comment

Nice picture of 2 great pieces

Comment

Working...
                                          X