Aragorn at Amon Hen - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not really feelin this one at the moment. That motion seems awkward.

Comment

So is the going up for preorder today?

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
        Hmmmm... looks he runs around a tree
        I giggled, because that was exactly what I thought when I first saw the images. And another piece with a big cape But on a serious note: it looks great, I kinda love the pose. Hoping it won't be too expensive, 399 probably? Would be okay with that.

Comment

The detailing is incredible!

Comment

Originally posted by Thrawn View Post
            So is the going up for preorder today?
            I doubt it will go up for pre-order during the stocktake sale, most likely after that is over.

Comment

Combined with lurtz and boromir would make for a good display

Comment

First thing I thought was about the movement too. But that also captures perfectly the "ranger" essence in Aragorn. If we wanted a proud pose that would probably represent someone else, even King Elessar was a humble man in an armour.

Likeness is terrific, spot-on. I find stunning the respect for the tree on the base, they just couldnt cut that off lol.

Given the action pose the display needs to be higher, eye level or above.

Good job Weta.

Comment

If I get this, it will only be because I have Lurtz and Boromir. I like poses that are more vertical in nature.

Comment

Initially I thought the pose was a bit too over the top but the details are just amazing. And it absolutely fits the Lurtz vs. Boromir set. Plus I always wanted a Strider statue...
                    So: take my money Weta, it's all yours!

I might need a new spot for these 3 and Kyle's ruin.

Comment

I’m loving it. Absolutely a must order for me.

Comment

There is an now 'Register your interest' for this statue in the latest Weta newsletter:

Emerging from the trees in clouds of dust and the rumble of iron-shod feet come scores of slavering Uruk-hai.

Now Aragorn must fight to buy Frodo’s escape, and as the Hobbit vanishes among the leaves the clear horn of Gondor sounds below: Boromir calls for aid.

Outnumbered, desperate and dispersed, the Fellowship is broken, but its members might yet be saved…

Aragorn at Amon Hen
                        Aragorn at Amon Hen
                        Aragorn at Amon Hen

Pre-orders Open Soon...
                        Aragorn at Amon Hen
                        Aragorn at Amon Hen
                        REGISTER YOUR INTEREST

https://www.wetanz.com/shop/figures/...OUR%20INTEREST
                        Last edited by Minuialwen; 15th March 2019, 10:02. Reason: Added link

Comment

Man I gotta admit with Lurtz, Boromir and Kyle's piece this would be a kick ass dio

Comment

yes, please register the interest or ES will be too low and it will never be discounted

Comment

Since it's not open for PO yet I don't expect this to be released before the summer. Going to guess that it'll receive a september release-date. Pre-orders most likely open early april.

Comment

Aw, crap. I don't know, I was hoping for an iconic Aragorn statue to replace the original, but I'm really not sure of that pose. He's bent over so much that you can't see the fantastic detailing of the evenstar pendant or even the elvish leaf clasp on the cloak.
                                And there's far too much billowing, superhero-like cape. Another 'dynamic' statue choice which is disappointing. I had high hopes after the sculptor also did Isildur. Ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
                                  Man I gotta admit with Lurtz, Boromir and Kyle's piece this would be a kick ass dio
                                  Which Kyle's piece?
                                  Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

The face and the details are amazing, but I don't like the pose...

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Which Kyle's piece?
                                      That would be this one:

Originally posted by Kyle
                                      Well, the piece is finished! When I figure out the shipping weight I will send a PM to everyone on the Interested List, probably tomorrow. I hope everyone likes it!

P.S. Oh, and also, I will be starting a thread for the Sammath Naur project shortly!

P.P.S Puppy not for sale!

Comment

The display could be something like this then
                                        Attached Files

Comment

While I usually prefer more stoic poses, I think this Aragorn fits perfectly with the Boromir and Lurtz statues, together with the fact that the details are fantastic, I am getting this for sure! I sort of hope they complete the whole fellowship from this scene just to make it all go together. Then in a few years (and when I become super rich), they can do the fellowship from a different part, in different clothes!

Can't wait!

Comment

Working...
                                          X