Aragorn at Amon Hen - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post
    Alright folks, anyone want to take bets on the price before we see it?
    It will be $425. Grishnakh, Gamling and Royal Guard were all $399. but it's been a while and you know the cost to make thing just keeps going up.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

It will be $425. Grishnakh, Gamling and Royal Guard were all $399. but it's been a while and you know the cost to make thing just keeps going up.
      Yikes. I didn't realize those ones went for that much. I agree, I think it'll be somewhere around 400. Or that's what I'm hoping for. I really hope he has a companion piece, maybe another Uruk swordsman or Lurtz. That'd be pretty incredible since I missed out on him the first time around with Boromir.

Comment

I also think 399. If the base is large/ fancy then 449.

Comment

Looks like weta will be displaying this piece finally this weekend at Emerald City Comic Con. I wish I lived near Seattle so I could go.

Comment

699 with shipping and VAT

Comment

I think it will be fourhundred....... million dollars.. No but seriously, 399 would be the way to go. If prices keeps going up piece after piece, I can't fathom people justifying that. If you actually stop and think about it, it is so ridiculous Three years from now, a 1:6 human figure piece could be 799
              My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

Dr.Malcolm only 799 ? I've imagine a similiar prices as new phones
                Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Yeah I agree on the prices increasing. I'm hoping the increased competition to Weta (iron studios, etc.) and a successful LOTR series on Amazon will drop the price as demand grows. I'd be fine with large edition sizes if it means lower prices.

Comment

I don´t want to pay over 400€ including VAT and shipping for a stand alone 1 /6 statue anymore.
                    Only if it is a low edition number from a charakter that i like so much or i waiting for a deal.

Comment

Is this what is under Weta's Black cover?

Facebook:

Weta Workshop is feeling excited.

2 hrs ·

Tomorrow, we'll be revealing our brand new Middle-earth collectible at Emerald City Comic Con! Be the first to see it at Booth #2402.

ECCC starts at 10:00 PDT (which is the same time zone as the Stock Take Sale). When the reveal will be, I have not found any info on. There are no members going to ECCC are there? I wonder just how many reveals Weta will be doing? I know of two they have announced; Aragorn at Amon Hen in all his 1:6 scale glory, and MECHANICOOLs.

Comment

Sneaky Weta....

Too big a display cabinet to be another Smial...

Scriff

Comment

Originally posted by Scriff View Post
                          Sneaky Weta....

Too big a display cabinet to be another Smial...

Scriff
                          Could be a couple of small things

Screenshot_20190313-071141_Facebook.jpg

But they did admit to Aragorn.

Screenshot_20190313-071205_Facebook.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by MrFishyFace View Post

Could be a couple of small things

But they did admit to Aragorn.
                            The teeny tiny 'things' are these:
                            COOL STUFF

Our in-house shrink ray has had a drastic increase in usage within recent months. Weta Labs’ scientific and un-clumsy geniuses have been busy creating a bunch of new microscopic marvels that are definitely supposed to look like that, no matter what you’ve heard! They may be small in mass, but they’re HUGE in fun. MICRO EPICS are multiplying.

Keep an eye out for our new line of mechanical moving models, appropriately named MECHANICOOL. Presenting an exciting challenge for the Workshop’s 3D Department, our Mechanicool models feature a series of wooden components that can be assembled to create a hand-operated machine. Turn the crank and bring a movie scene to life!

Read full article here: https://www.wetaworkshop.com/news/la...ity-comic-con/

Comment

So, ECCC just opened.

What time do you think the reveal will take place?

Didn't Arwen on Asfaloth go up for preorder the same time she was releaved at SDCC?

Comment

Weta Workshop

Just now ·

The Grey Wizard knows what's beneath the black curtain at Emerald City Comic Con. Very soon, you will too! Join us at 1PM (PDT), as we reveal our new Middle-earth collectible live on Facebook.

How interesting, exact same time as the new flash sale. Time to split my computer screen so I can view both.

Why does all the 'exciting stuff' always happen at the exact same time.

Comment

Video is live!

Comment

Aragorn 1.jpgAragorn.jpg
                                    Aragorn 2.jpg
                                    Aragorn 3.jpg

Aragorn 4.jpg
                                    Last edited by Gwindor; 15th March 2019, 09:11.

Comment

That is a very nice piece, way too much motion for my taste though
                                      My Gallery: http://flameofudun.net/forum/communi...ooms-creations

Comment

Maybe a bit much moving but I really like him and his round base
                                        Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Hmmmm... looks he runs around a tree

Comment

Working...
                                          X