• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The blood splatter on his tunika is nice

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
      Adding a bit of perspective to the thread lol

The Sideshow Weta strider statue was really ugly. Some people say even dust avoids it. ok ok the scabbard is nice.

strider.jpg
      I think this is one of the most ugliest faces I have ever seen. Aragorn looks nothing alike. From the head down it's ok though. Looking forward to see how the new version will ook.

Comment

That at the time $125 high end statue means more to me than any other Aragorn, and will be the last remaining Aragorn if I sell all my others...same applies to the other early fellowship pieces....2001 & 2002 for many changed their statue & collectible lives forever...companies SSW, Sideshow and Bowen changed all...

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
          That at the time $125 high end statue means more to me than any other Aragorn, and will be the last remaining Aragorn if I sell all my others...same applies to the other early fellowship pieces....2001 & 2002 for many changed their statue & collectible lives forever...companies SSW, Sideshow and Bowen changed all...
          I love the old school originals as well. Yes the new generation pieces are 'better' but they just dont have that special appeal to me of a raw sculpt which is almost maquette like in its simplicity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
            The blood splatter on his tunika is nice
            yes, accurate orc blood

I understand the emotional attachment and I find it a nice collectible, accurately Strider after 7 days on diarrhea.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

I love the old school originals as well. Yes the new generation pieces are 'better' but they just dont have that special appeal to me of a raw sculpt which is almost maquette like in its simplicity.
              Better at triple the price...sentimental memories > pretty

Comment

I do like the older statues, and as always they’re better in person than in any photos. They didn’t have the benefit back then of 3D printers, and a lot of the time they worked with the actors.
                I was however disappointed when I got this after seeing the dvd that came with TTT. The statue in the video was painted really nicely and in hand it looked like a 5 year old had tried to do it.

By the way mine’s for sale if anyone wants it

Comment

Saruman,Lurtz and Witchking of Angmar are my favourites from the old line.
                  Their portraits looks so good.

Comment

old SSW Balrog, Cave Troll, Ringwraith, Shelob, Sam & Bill, Witch king true form and Angmar and a few more are still till this day the best we got ...fact

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post
                      I love the old Sideshow-Weta as well. I estimate that at least 50% of my collection is old school SSW stuff, although I have to say that overall I'm a bigger fan of the 1/4 bust line than the 1/6 statue line. But all of the old lines have that special touch of magic.

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                      Saruman,Lurtz and Witchking of Angmar are my favourites from the old line.
                      Their portraits looks so good.
                      Galadhrim archer and the Moria Orc archer are my favorites. I'm actually looking to buy the orc again.

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
                      old SSW Balrog, Cave Troll, Ringwraith, Shelob, Sam & Bill, Witch king true form and Angmar and a few more are still till this day the best we got ...fact
                      The Ringwraith on Steed is the only I got from that list. Not complaining though!

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

I think Grima is very under rated from the old line, very well done but I understand many probably aren’t fussed about owning him , looks great with Saruman !

Comment

Originally posted by Moriaman View Post
                          I think Grima is very under rated from the old line, very well done but I understand many probably aren’t fussed about owning him , looks great with Saruman !
                          The Grima bust is amazing as well. Weta really nailed his likeness in both lines.

Comment

Originally posted by DD View Post

The Grima bust is amazing as well. Weta really nailed his likeness in both lines.
                            The collectibles of Grima is really well done. Not a huge fan of the character, but I guess Brad Dourif should be congratulated for making he so unlikeable and wormlike.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                              The collectibles of Grima is really well done. Not a huge fan of the character, but I guess Brad Dourif should be congratulated for making he so unlikeable and wormlike.
                              Exactly. Brad played that role so brilliantly. You can't do anything but loathe the guy. He's a coward who stalks Eowyn, manipulates Theoden, betrays the weakness of the Deeping Wall of Helm's Deep, almost blows up himself and his boss Saruman, AND he stinks of horse.

Oh, and he's responsible for the Warg ambush too!
                              Last edited by DD; 8th March 2019, 07:08.

Comment

PJ even had poor Brad shave his eyebrows off!

Comment

You should see him the 1984 film Dune. Good stuff.

Comment

"Countdown to Emerald City Comic Con

REVEALS

Our second major Middle-earth release for 2019 will be revealed at Emerald City! This is your first chance to see Aragorn at Amon Hen in all his 1:6 scale glory.
                                    Aragorn comes straight from one of the most iconic scenes in The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring. In stirring moment, we witness the breaking of the Fellowship. Against numerous Uruk-Hai and seemingly insurmountable odds, Aragorn must desperately buy time for Frodo as he continues his journey to Mordor alone. When the horn of Gondor sounds, he rushes to the aid of Boromir."

2.5 months in development, this highly detailed collectible was expertly sculpted by Daniel Cockersell, a member of Weta Workshop’s physical sculpting team on The Hobbit.

Comment

Same guy who sculpted Isildur, Aragorn couldnt be in better hands.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                        Same guy who sculpted Isildur, Aragorn couldnt be in better hands.
                                        Totally agree!

So, a reveal and a preorder?

Comment

Alright folks, anyone want to take bets on the price before we see it?

Comment

Working...
                                          X