Aragorn at Amon Hen - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
    Statues are the media to allow any kind of pose, so why not? Try to pose an action figure that way without glue. I agree we need to allow geniuses to be creative, then we do our best to understand their point of view. We are free to appreciate or not.
    I believe Weta listens to us but more than that I hope they continue to surprise me. To bring a main character in this pose needs courage and not despair for money otherwise they would release ringwraiths as sideshow releases batmans I will be getting one.
    I don't think many will argue that companies like Weta should flex their creative muscles when the opportunity arises, but they clearly needed some more eyes to weigh in on the design before approval on this one. I like that it's dynamic, but a slight adjustment to the angle in which he is leaning makes all the difference between someone looking like they are tripping over a tree stump and someone making a heroic stride forward. Unfortunately this piece seems to express the former and I think that could have been avoided with some more input on the design process.

Comment

So, was the Aragorn Maquette something we're comparing this to?

Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

isnt it growing in you?

15525188047ce60b0af3241406ad3304e3a3e57d2d.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

The fact that they use the same leafy base with the tree stump as with Lurtz and Boromir.
          Much of Middle-earth has tree trunks. Nothing identifies this as Amon Hen.

The designers missed the boat. I will pass.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post

LOL I love this post. That wow is really popping out of the screen. Love your enthusiasm Ith. Please tell me you're just the same in person!
            Guilty. I'm afraid I'm like that in person, especially when it come to my passion for all things LOTR. You can ask my wife, she has jumped out of her shoes a few times when I saw a new reveal for the first time and freaked/geeked out. Treebeard was one of those moments.

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post

Yes TheWhiteHand, he is just the same in person. I had the honour of watching him see the Shadow and Flame Balrog for the very first time, and it was at a CC, I will never forget that momentt! It is one of the memories that still brings the hugest smile to my face. If you ever have the chance to met him, don't let it slip by, as Ithildin's enthusiasm is so huge and so very contagious.
            My friend that was a special moment for me as well being able to share that with you. I'll never forget it. Holy crap, I though that I was having heart palpations when I saw the Boss Rog for the first time. Then I thought that Weta was going to have to arrest me for trying to carry the display case out of the CC. LOL, do you still have that photo? Most probably embarrassed myself with all the people looking at all the excited commotion but damn that was good times!

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
            isnt it growing in you?

LOL, it took one nanosecond to grow on me!
            Last edited by Ithildin; 16th March 2019, 11:21.

Comment

I don't mind the pose as much as the lack of likeliness . I guess its difficult to get Aragon to match much like many of the humans i think.

Comment

This was posted on Instagram by Weta and shows a great resemblance. I don't knock the likeness or great details. The pose ruins it for me, as I already have 4 representations of Aragorn , I'll sit this one out. Bring me a new Frodo or Sam with this detail!

aragorn3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post
                  So what identifies this as Amon Hen? Nothing. They really missed the boat here.
                  The drawn Galadhrim dagger?

Comment

re-read the comments of the people, how many are in agreement with the pose?

I repeat that I am going to buy it but in the same way I would not mind anything since only have been 2'5 months of work as they say, wait another 3 months and do it again, that we have been waiting for an Aragorn for years.

But it seems to be an excuse to sell to Boromir.
                    Last edited by Francho; 16th March 2019, 21:16.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Mac View Post

The drawn Galadhrim dagger?
                      Congrats on 2000 posts, Dave

Comment

Owww I so wanted this to be great. All these years of hoping for a great 1/6th aragorn. And I think the likeness is, but I just can’t seem to get over the pose. Apart from the bent-over running, it looks really weird to me to have both his sword and dagger drawn, like he’s going to employ some kind of dual-wielding fighting style.

i’m afraid this one’s not for me...
                        Always on the hunt

Comment

Originally posted by Francho View Post

I repeat that I am going to buy it but in the same way I would not mind anything since only have been 2'5 months of work as they say, wait another 3 months and do it again, that we have been waiting for an Aragorn for years.

Well, the pose is not the best and I believe we are all here or almost okay, but I think the details of this statue are stunning.
                          You know that I also thought that they made Aragorn to Amon-hen to sell Boromir better, that maybe they sold below their expectations. As for me, I already had in mind to buy Boromir and I'm looking for Lurtz, so that's okay.

Comment

Originally posted by jrjhoe View Post
                            Owww I so wanted this to be great. All these years of hoping for a great 1/6th aragorn. And I think the likeness is, but I just can’t seem to get over the pose. Apart from the bent-over running, it looks really weird to me to have both his sword and dagger drawn, like he’s going to employ some kind of dual-wielding fighting style.

i’m afraid this one’s not for me...
                            First thing I thought when I saw this statue was "rogue" as this dual wielding, hunched over pose is very much the go to pose for the rogue class in World of WarCraft

Comment

Originally posted by Francho View Post

I really love the pose. And the likeness. So much better than previous Aragorns imo.

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post
                                So what identifies this as Amon Hen? Nothing. They really missed the boat here.
                                He has the elven cloak, pin and knife/dagger that he receives at Lothorien. The statue is after Lothorien.

He has not the Boromir's wristbands/vanbraces that put in after his death. It's before this moment.

The statue is between both moments, and this is Amon Hen.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballder View Post

He has the elven cloak, pin and knife/dagger that he receives at Lothorien. The statue is after Lothorien.

He has not the Boromir's wristbands/vanbraces that put in after his death. It's before this moment.

Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

For those that don't have a Lurtz or Boromir ...just put a rabbit in front of him...he's hunting coneys... the manly way
                                    Last edited by Adolfo; 17th March 2019, 08:02.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Ballder View Post

Thank you for the analysis. You are correct.

Perhaps it was foolish of me to hope for more.... like the iconic architecture of Amon Hen ... but a tree trunk was not it.

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                                          I think 750
                                          I’m leaning that way myself. It definitely won’t be over 1k.

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

I really love the pose. And the likeness. So much better than previous Aragorns imo.
                                          I’m right there with you. I love the likeness. It looks to be a fantastic one. I also love the pose and think some folks are reacting more to what was videoed at the show, which was taken from being above the piece. That in and of itself is going to over dramatize the angle at which Aragorn is at. I think a better representation of how it looks is the photos Weta has on their site. This piece must be looked at from a direct straight on angle.

Comment

Working...
                                          X