Aragorn at Amon Hen - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't really like the pose but I think the details of this statue are impressive. I believe that even if I have neither Lurtz nor Boromir I will buy it anyway. I just hope he doesn't get too fast

Comment

Think I'll stick with the PF.

Damn, who put that tree root there.
      The Red Room
      https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Absolutely a must order for me

Comment

I think he will be quickly sold out
          Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Originally posted by Enelyë View Post
            I think he will be quickly sold out
            I think so too, within a few months for sure.

Comment

Some interesting facts from the Aragorn page

The final and most crucial step was to create Aragorn’s facial features. To capture an extreme likeness, Daniel had the benefit of the original face cast of actor Viggo Mortensen, taken at Weta Workshop during the production of The Lord of the Rings. For the sculpture, the face cast was scanned by the Workshop’s 3D Department, then converted into a digital model. From here, Daniel worked digitally to develop Aragorn’s intense expression.

Senior painter Jules German drew on his knowledge of painting prosthetics to bring Aragorn to life. The result is an exacting likeness of the character in polystone, frozen in time in this most highly charged of moments from The Fellowship of the Ring.

Comment

my impressions are this will only go well if you have the Lurtz pointing that arrow at Boromir.

otherwise i don't see this as a good fit.

now that i just bought Boromir again i'll probably have to get this - hopefully as part of a sale down the road.

Comment

I forced myself to like it but I can't
                  It is far from be a "heroic" running pose. He is leaning to much forward, looking like almost falling to the ground.
                  I assume he is running so because he is avoiding the branches of the trees in the woods, and I can see the moment, but still, I feel something is wrong.
                  Of course sculpting is awesome and everything is great.

Well, money saved for me

Comment

Yeah, I love the dynamic poses of pieces lately but this pose just doesn’t make sense. He’s much too far forward. It’s an awkward unnatural position made mkreso by the openness of the arms. Really unfortunate since the sculpt and details are so amazing

Comment

So what identifies this as Amon Hen? Nothing. They really missed the boat here.

Comment

I do not understand the reason why Weta is always taking figures always with crouched poses and do not take figures in a more static pose like gandalf, Isildur, thorin on throne, which are impressive.

I have Elrond and the pose does not suit me, that figure with a more upright pose would be awesome, and with Aragorn the same thing happens to me.
                        With that detail that Aragorn who will judge the face when I get home because I'm going to buy it, it would be much more impressive with an erect and more neutral pose.

For me it is a pity that Weta does not listen a little more to the fans and stop innovations with the postures and devote more efforts in making faces like those of hot toys with a hardly questionable resemblance that unfortunately today is not like that .

regards

Comment

To me, the face of this one is not questionnable [I don't think this is the place to debate about Hot toys faces and about weta artistics choice] but I can understand the dilemma on this pose.

A nice diaroma with separate 1/6 figure would be the dawn coucil
                          Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

This statue belongs to Lurtz and Boromir to make a nice dio not as a stand alone statue in my eyes.
                            I have Lurtz,bought Boromir today and hope to get him as a special offer

Comment

I bet the ES is 1000

Comment

I think 750

Comment

Originally posted by Francho View Post
                                  For me it is a pity that Weta does not listen a little more to the fans and stop innovations with the postures and devote more efforts in making faces like those of hot toys with a hardly questionable resemblance that unfortunately today is not like that .

regards
                                  Don't agree with this, it's obvious WETA is listening to the customers, but at the same time they still want to be creative. And they can't please everyone.

Comment

Statues are the media to allow any kind of pose, so why not? Try to pose an action figure that way without glue. I agree we need to allow geniuses to be creative, then we do our best to understand their point of view. We are free to appreciate or not.
                                    I believe Weta listens to us but more than that I hope they continue to surprise me. To bring a main character in this pose needs courage and not despair for money otherwise they would release ringwraiths as sideshow releases batmans I will be getting one.
                                    Last edited by pocketreef; 16th March 2019, 09:37.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                      Statues are the media to allow any kind of pose, so why not? Try to pose an action figure that way without glue. I agree we need to allow geniuses to be creative, then we do our best to understand their point of view. We are free to appreciate or not.
                                      I believe Weta listens to us but more than that I hope they continue to surprise me. To bring a main character in this pose needs courage and not despair for money otherwise they would release ringwraiths as sideshow releases batmans I will be getting one.
                                      +1

Will pre-order this one for sure, day one. Won't be too expensive (I guess), and I don't have another Aragorn in 1/6 yet. This one looks better than other 1/6 Aragorns I've seen in the past. And I love the different poses.

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post
                                        So what identifies this as Amon Hen? Nothing. They really missed the boat here.
                                        The fact that they use the same leafy base with the tree stump as with Lurtz and Boromir.

Comment

I really like this statue and its on my list already
                                          face looks really good
                                          what i realy like is that this could easily fit onto a display from many scenes like helms deep moria weather top as well as amon

obs depends on price weta are delivering but at the price its all about the numbers

Comment

Working...
                                          X