Aragorn at Amon Hen - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
    Aw, crap. I don't know, I was hoping for an iconic Aragorn statue to replace the original, but I'm really not sure of that pose. He's bent over so much that you can't see the fantastic detailing of the evenstar pendant or even the elvish leaf clasp on the cloak.
    And there's far too much billowing, superhero-like cape. Another 'dynamic' statue choice which is disappointing. I had high hopes after the sculptor also did Isildur. Ho hum.
    That sums up what I’m feeling. So wanted a new Aragorn that I could love but not feeling it with this pose. The detail is amazing though. I’ll wait to see more of it. Is there a video of it anywhere yet?

Comment

I was a bit taken aback when I first saw the pose (I'm generally not a fan of the dynamic poses) but the sense of urgency and desperation of Aragorn trying to reach Boromir is very well done. Likeness seems great too. And of course I'm a sucker for the environment bases so I'm loving that tree stump.

It's not a definite pre-order for me though. I have the amazing Sideshow Aragorn PF (and Lurtz) so I'm not sure if I'll get this. But I do have the Boromir statue so there's a case to be made Especially if Weta are going to release more "at Amon Hen" fellowship statues in the near future...

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

I'm glad most like it. Definitely an impressive sculpt. Like I said though, that pose is not doing it for me. Maybe it'll grow on me, but for now I can wait to see what Prime 1 does for what is hopefully a definitive Aragorn statue.

Comment

at first i had the same concern with the pose slightly too dynamic for my taste ( more on the black view with the cape).However the overall statue is terrific,lot of very nice details and a cool base,hope for a good painting on the leaves and roots cause i can t see the contrast from the expo shots .That Aragorn will probably be mine....

Comment

I really like this one. I think with this pose and displaying this with Lurtz and Boromir would give it a great diorama effect.

Comment

WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!
              WOW!

OMG! I love this so much!!! What a fantastic moment and the pose captures it beautifully!! When Weta first teased us with the head sculpt reveal I knew this was going to be amazing and boy it surely is! Well done Weta and damn Daniel you knocked this out of the park for me!! Very excited to be adding this to my collection!!

Keep bringing that LOTR goodness!!!

OUTSTANDING!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!
                WOW!

OMG! I love this so much!!! What a fantastic moment and the pose captures it beautifully!! When Weta first teased us with the head sculpt reveal I knew this was going to be amazing and boy it surely is! Well done Weta and damn Daniel you knocked this out of the park for me!! Very excited to be adding this to my collection!!

OUTSTANDING!!

Comment

If I bought this piece I feel it deserves a nice custom made diorama for it since it’s a very dynamic looking piece with him running. I look forward to seeing how those that pick this piece up end up displaying him.

Comment

Lurtz on left...Boromir on right...Aragorn in center charging from lurtz left side...all we need now is grassy shelf with some tree stems and rocks
                    Last edited by Adolfo; 15th March 2019, 15:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
                      Lurtz on left...Boromir on right...Aragorn in center charging from lurtz left side...all we need now is grassy shelf with some trees stems
                      One big base for all three to go on?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

Just make your shelf into a green grassy shelf with hobby store material, add Kyle's statue, add rocks, some 1-2 inch thick branches going up...done...piece o cake

Comment

Nice looking piece. Needs to be dynamic to fit with Lurtz and Boromir.

No new Hobbit holes...

Scriff

Comment

Beautiful piece Weta are pushing the limits for dynamism in displays. Adding him to the Burtz dio along with Kyle's statue would be a big space eater, especially if you stick the Uruk scout in there

Comment

Nice detailing, but the pose does nothing for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!
                                WOW!

OUTSTANDING!!
                                LOL I love this post. That wow is really popping out of the screen. Love your enthusiasm Ith. Please tell me you're just the same in person!

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post

LOL I love this post. That wow is really popping out of the screen. Love your enthusiasm Ith. Please tell me you're just the same in person!
                                  Yes TheWhiteHand, he is just the same in person. I had the honour of watching him see the Shadow and Flame Balrog for the very first time, and it was at a CC, I will never forget that momentt! It is one of the memories that still brings the hugest smile to my face. If you ever have the chance to met him, don't let it slip by, as Ithildin's enthusiasm is so huge and so very contagious.

Comment

I think the details in this piece are amazing, but not really fond of the pose. However, I do think it will look great together with Lurtz and Boromir.

Comment

amazing looking statue - as owner of both Boromir and Lurtz - I guess this statue is must have

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

One base to hold them all and on the shelf bind them...

I really love the details and the head sculpt, but
                                        ... the cape looks WAY to billowy. Someone wrote "superhero" and that seems like a greate description.
                                        Too much action.
                                        ... the paint around the eyes is a bit too dark for my taste. Not quite Emogorn, but it does remind me of Alice Cooper. Nothing wrong with him, mind you, but I would want more Aragorn and less Super Cooper.
                                        ... why on earth is he running around the tree stump, instead of jumping over it?
                                        ... final complaint is more about the movies. The orcs are all so large. In the book, Frodo is attacked, in the chamber of Mazarbul (quoting from memory): "by a huge orc captain, almost of man-height".
                                        The large uruks at the Hornburg are also described as "man-heigh".
                                        But, wetas version of Lurts is giganormus, much larger than the supposed companion piece of Boromir.
                                        So, as much as I love displaying figures together, as dioramas, it doesn't quite work for me.
                                        Book issues...

So, will I buy him?
                                        Possibly. With a repaint of the eye sockets I think I will learn to like him, but I deffinitely expected more...

Best regards, Fredrik

Comment

It was large uruks which attacked the Fellowship at Amon Hen in the book too, sent by Saruman, so Lurtz is accurate. I mean, Lurtz didn’t appear in the book, but he IS a large Uruk and they must have been led by someone! I like that his name sounds like it’s derived from ‘Lugburz’ which if I recall correctly is the orc name for Barad-Dur.

Also, to address your paint issues, this is the prototype and all statues usually vary from the original we see, so it may not be such an issue for you in person. We just don’t know until you see it.

Comment

Working...
                                          X