Weta new Ringwraith on Steed: See Page 6

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Not for me. Looks beautiful, but Arwen and Tauriel will take up quite a lot of money. Even if I have more to spend later on...statues like Dwarfs of the Iron Hills and Haldir will be more important to me. And I am sure they will release even more in 2019.

    Comment


      Well, I missed the old Ringwraith on steed and for a long time I looked for it at a reasonable price but for sure I will not miss the new one, the sky would fall.
      I will never get tired of saying it: thanks Weta to create these works of art !!!!

      Comment


        This is pretty amazing piece. Very dynamic with lots of movement and fluidity. One of the best they have ever done capturing that element.

        Comment


          Great statue on it's own, but I still prefere the pose and simplicity of the original RWS. Here's hoping it's prices on Ebay will drop slightly now

          Comment


            I also like the pose and feel of the original, but this is wonderful. Never thought I'd want two RWOS statues but this is another masterpiece from Brigitte. It'll certainly cost me upwards of £600, whereas the one I have is already paid for, so that'll probably mean I stick with the original as I don't have money to burn, especially on repeat characters, but man do I want this!!
            Also, not sure if anyone has noticed, it was Brigitte Wuest who sculpted the SSW Ringwraith bust and the Nazgul steed bust, which looks like it has been recreated exactly in this statue! I wonder if she used her own bust sculpture as reference!
            No surprise she has sculpted an amazing horse and rider statue - she also done Gandalf on Shadowfax and Aragorn on steed!

            Comment


              Very nice
              thats one more tick on the wants list

              i wonder if this will display well with arwen or will it over shadow her think we ll all be skint in 2019

              Comment


                Very nice piece. I am focusing all my sap on TB and i cannot get distracted. Maybe later next year.

                Comment


                  That is such an amazing piece. This one truly does look alive. All these mount based statues have been beautiful thus far.

                  Comment


                    Great job , love it.Probably a purchase for me.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by TheProcrastinator View Post
                      Great statue on it's own, but I still prefere the pose and simplicity of the original RWS. Here's hoping it's prices on Ebay will drop slightly now
                      My sentiments exactly. This one does look very dynamic, though. Should pair well with the new Arwen on steed piece.

                      Comment


                        This is wonderful! A definite purchase for me!

                        But I do have to wonder about the leaning off-center of gravity pose of this piece and the stress it will put on those legs over time. The SS DROM had problems with leg cracks because of it's leaning pose. With what looks like only the two rear legs making substantial contact with the base, and even though the legs will have metal rods inside them, all of that leaning load will have to be carried on two thin sections of poly. I am not in fear of the piece collapsing but I do have to wonder about those legs cracking. Thoughts?

                        Comment


                          Ithildin Good point. I didn't think about that before but I like to believe that Weta learned from the past and since they have been giving us many actiony statues that they know what they are doing...

                          Comment


                            The more I look at it, the more I'm warming towards it.

                            For me Weta has been rather hit and miss with their dynamic poses in recent years, but in this case, the flowing, wind-swept silhouette really accentuates the whole "wraith"/"spectre", stalker-ish nature of the Nazgul.

                            I still prefer the original RWS, but this one is still definitely a great piece on its own.

                            Comment


                              I like this one, nice pose... I don't think they'll make the 9 but it could be a good scene

                              Only with a monstrous shelf
                              Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

                              Comment


                                On first sight I didn’t like it but it’s growing on me, I swear the old bust has been incorporated in this? Am I going mad?

                                Comment


                                  Water doesn't bother me, if anything it just adds to the piece even without the Arwen and Frodo. Shows great movement. So far this and the Sideshow maquette will represent Ringwraiths in my collection. If I can get 9 total, regardless of scale, pose and company, that'll work for me. Just needs to be executed well enough, so excited to see what Prime 1 and Iron Studios will have.

                                  This however looks like a home run.

                                  Comment


                                    Am I missing something or is this the RW running away from the water at the Ford? Sorry, but I've been disappointed with some of the recent choices that Weta has made with poses (Eomer being the worst for me), and this is another poor choice in my eyes - the RWs are supposed to be some of the most menacing creatures in Middle Earth - running away does not equate with this...

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Moriaman View Post
                                      On first sight I didn’t like it but it’s growing on me, I swear the old bust has been incorporated in this? Am I going mad?
                                      See my post above, it was sculpted by the same person, so maybe?


                                      Originally posted by crazytrain View Post
                                      Am I missing something or is this the RW running away from the water at the Ford? Sorry, but I've been disappointed with some of the recent choices that Weta has made with poses (Eomer being the worst for me), and this is another poor choice in my eyes - the RWs are supposed to be some of the most menacing creatures in Middle Earth - running away does not equate with this...
                                      It could be running towards Arwen? I imagine that's what Weta envisaged anyway.
                                      Last edited by Minuialwen; 18th December 2018, 12:55. Reason: Merged

                                      Comment


                                        I doubt the design was based around a Ringwraith running away. Considering the wraith has his sword drawn in a threatening manner and is maneuvering the horse in the direction he himself is facing, I would say he is attempting to encircle his pray.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

                                          This is wonderful! A definite purchase for me!

                                          But I do have to wonder about the leaning off-center of gravity pose of this piece and the stress it will put on those legs over time. The SS DROM had problems with leg cracks because of it's leaning pose. With what looks like only the two rear legs making substantial contact with the base, and even though the legs will have metal rods inside them, all of that leaning load will have to be carried on two thin sections of poly. I am not in fear of the piece collapsing but I do have to wonder about those legs cracking. Thoughts?
                                          You are worrying unnecessarily. The Drom was a Sideshow only piece and nothing to do with Weta. Shadowfax has had no probs. I have seen Weta’s original Azog on Warg (without the tree stump which isn’t how it was released in a just in case moment). If anything was going to fail due to gravity it would have been that artist proof.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X