Weta new Ringwraith on Steed: See Page 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post
    Sorry Steve Martin, just no! Inspector Jacques Clouseau is Peter Sellers. Nothing else comes close.
    Earl.Haig So very true

Comment

Neither of those detectives seem to have figured it out cause it now goes to page 4

Not to mention the fact we still don't know what Weta will actually bring us. Or when

Comment

The newsletter usually comes on thursday nights (EU time) so perhaps the mystery Ringhwraith rider statue will be released today/tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post
          The newsletter usually comes on thursday nights (EU time) so perhaps the mystery Ringhwraith rider statue will be released today/tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post
            We have already had two newsletters this week, will we be getting another one?

Comment

I have a feeling they will announce him near Christmas.

Comment

Id save wraith for a jan 1st along with a big fat sale

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                  I’m wondering now if it isn’t the Ringwraith from the chase scene. It looks to be. That would explain the robes, the tail, the position of the sword.

That would mean it isn’t a companion piece for the Arwen they went with. Maybe they started off intending them to be companion pieces but the ones they decided to created ended up not being from the same scene.
                  I think it is a companion from the scene coward wraiths:
                  tumblr_inline_mqzjon4k1E1qz4rgp.jpg

Comment

No surley its got to go with the arwen as they try to draw her into the water

Comment

Found this ,thanks to the unknown guy

Comment

Will they also make the enchanted wave ?
                        Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Originally posted by Enelyë View Post
                          Will they also make the enchanted wave ?
                          I cant stop thinking about how cool it would such environment

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

I think it is a companion from the scene coward wraiths:
                            tumblr_inline_mqzjon4k1E1qz4rgp.jpg

Well to be fair, Tolkien mentions "the black horses were filled with madness, and leaping forward in terror they bore their riders into the rushing flood", so it was all the horses' fault!

But in defense of the horses, they were running not only from water, but from boulders!

Agreed, it will be awesome if they make the waves to go with a RWOS!

Comment

The pics look like theres grass on the base
                              also looks to be galloping

so im thinking its not at the ford

Comment

Looks like water to me tbh.

Comment

Yes it’s really tricky to tell if it’s grass or water at this stage from the silhouette.

For me it looks like neither, and both!

Comment

Looking at the water around Arwen, I would say this one has water too. Curious to see the looks of this one, but hopefully it does not go for sale soon. Need to save some money (and receive Weta dollars for Arwen).

Comment

I'm hoping this is the John Howe bronze they never released. Fingers crossed

Comment

Originally posted by Stormcrow View Post
                                        I'm hoping this is the John Howe bronze they never released. Fingers crossed
                                        While I'm with you there, I would say that any release of a John Howe bronze as anything other than literally that - a John Howe bronze - would be a very poor sort of way to treat the statue after all this time.

But I fear you will be most disappointed - the silhouette of this Ringwraith doesn't even remotely compare with that teased in the pixellated John Howe image.

johnhowe by L. Todd, on Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post

While I'm with you there, I would say that any release of a John Howe bronze as anything other than literally that - a John Howe bronze - would be a very poor sort of way to treat the statue after all this time.

But I fear you will be most disappointed - the silhouette of this Ringwraith doesn't even remotely compare with that teased in the pixellated John Howe image.

johnhowe by L. Todd, on Flickr

Great photo, I'm always hoping for anything in bronze.

Comment

Working...
                                          X