Weta new Ringwraith on Steed: See Page 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I am not going to worry, just yet.

Comment

Just double checked mine and I’ve still got plenty of room on mine.

Comment

image_13880.jpg Well, just got around to taking this down. My goodness I forgot how terrifying handling this thing is!! When I got the horse removed from the base, I found these nice cracks underneath the hoof. Definitely don't remember them being there when I set it up. It's going to be a while before I am able to build the shelving/display for this (planning an office remodel with built in bookcases). I'm very nervous about setting this back up given the cracks and the lean, but I don't suppose there is much to be done.

Comment

Fill the crack a drop of a very liquid superglue? Maybe one that has some elasticity

Comment

The crack is coming from when you tighten it down. I’m sure for any of us that really made sure it was tighten down pretty good will have it.

Comment

I have to admit, I am wishing that Weta would tone down the action poses like this and go with poses that are more subdued. The long term unintentional consequences of some of these poses are unknown. They could have made this piece for example without the lean and have just had him galloping strait ahead, which would have made the piece more stable and in my opinion, no less awesome looking. Seriously, what are some of these pieces going to look like after 20 years of being displayed?

Comment

This is one of the few times I am concerned about how the pose will do over the years. The horse does have steel rods in the back legs but I’m concerned that moving it could cause the polystone to crack.

Comment

Last year I remember hearing the clear water make a crunching/cracking underneath the hoof when I tightened the screw in. I haven't (and won't be) removing the horse to check it though. At least glad I don't have that lean (yet).

Comment

Working...
                  X