X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

100% Ringwraith

Another that will sell out I think in a day

Comment

Well, if Weta names an image 'Ringwraith_image-9900000000079e3c.jpg' I think that is a wish fulfilled.

Seriously though, poor chaps, maybe it was an off day, or maybe 'Unknown_statue.jpg' was already taken...
      Last edited by Earl.Haig; 4th December 2018, 16:31.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post
        Well, if Weta names an image 'Ringwraith_image-9900000000079e3c.jpg' I think that is a wish fulfilled.

Seriously though, poor chaps, maybe it was an off day, or maybe 'Unknown_statue.jpg' was already taken...
        I did not know that, yes, then everything is clear

Comment

Very astute of you to be checking out the name that Weta saved the picture as. My hat off to you Earl.Haig.
          I would say that there is water splashing up from the horse's hoofs. Yup, it is a companion piece to Arwen. Well done Weta!!

Comment

Why thank you haha! It was only a matter of clicking view image and then child's play from there on: the slightly fuller url also yields "csfinal/04_Ringwraith_image".

Well done Weta indeed!!

Comment

It was either going to be this or Sauron. Definitely has my attention.
              Last edited by P.C.E.; 9th December 2018, 16:58.

Comment

Wow that looks promising. Let's hope they wait a little before releasing him...

Comment

This’ll be hard to resist.

Comment

Nice! But to me it doesn't seem to really be a true companion peice to Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth, the pose is to "actiony" to be from the standoff where the Ringwraith says "Give us the halfling, she-elf", the body is more hunched over and as joogle says indeed seems to be from the moment where the Ringwraiths tries to escape the large wave. Personally I would have liked it more if it was from the standoff moment, a more relaxed pose with sword drawn to match Arwen so they could be displayed opposite each other and it would have worked as a stand-alone statue as well, but perhaps it would to similar to the old one. Not that it matters that much, it's a new mounted Ringwraith! Just hope they will last for a while, my budget is strained as it is...

Comment

Wow. Might be too much to resist. I can’t wait to see it

Comment

Not super excited: the first Ringwraith on Steed is just perfect, one of the most iconic statue of the line!
                        Sure this one will look amazing, good for those who don't have the first version. But I would prefer a Theoden on horse, Denethor on throne or a large Nazgul on Fell beast!

Comment

Im sure this is Ringwraith
                          Congrats Weta!!
                          "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post
                            Nice! But to me it doesn't seem to really be a true companion peice to Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth, the pose is to "actiony" to be from the standoff where the Ringwraith says "Give us the halfling, she-elf", the body is more hunched over and as joogle says indeed seems to be from the moment where the Ringwraiths tries to escape the large wave. Personally I would have liked it more if it was from the standoff moment, a more relaxed pose with sword drawn to match Arwen so they could be displayed opposite each other and it would have worked as a stand-alone statue as well, but perhaps it would to similar to the old one. Not that it matters that much, it's a new mounted Ringwraith! Just hope they will last for a while, my budget is strained as it is...

I agree in your opinion, although I do not dislike that they take out the ringwraith if it would have preferred that it was in another pose, and the one that you commented would be the ideal one to put it next to Arwen.

Comment

Sorry folks, I hope I'm wrong but I don't think it's the RWOS we're hoping for (yet) I think it's a new Mini Epic!

1. It doesn't match the Arwen statue for the scene in question, I'm guessing Jane is still working on this (see start of thread for her background sculpt photo which looks quite unlike this new outline) The sculpt Jane is working on (if it is indeed RWOS) would perfectly match the Arwen statue. I think the new outline is a RWOS from the scene joogle mentioned before.

2. Weta haven't mentioned whether it's sixth scale.

3. The style looks cartoony to me. The water splashes look stylized, and the proportions too. Also the style of the robes at the rear look too chunky for sixth scale realism. I think it's a RWOS from the scene joogle mentioned, but in Mini Epic style.

As I said, let's hope beyond hope I'm mistaken I'll gladly eat my words!

EDIT: Hmmmmmmm... on second thoughts, maybe it's not cartoony enough to be a Mini Epic... or is it? Now I'm even more confused!
                              Last edited by Valar; 4th December 2018, 21:53.

Comment

Then again, compare the tail silhouettes between the 'unknown' statue, and the statue in the background of Jane sculpting. They match rather well. Though it must be noted that the splashes seen at the rear legs of the statue in the photograph and the released silhouette do not match.

Also, anyone else getting an unusual redirect for this particular forum page? When one clicks any new notifications regarding this page, you are taken to page two, not to the most recent page...
                                Last edited by Earl.Haig; 4th December 2018, 22:11.

Comment

I bet it will have the same price as Arwen. Which means I’ll skip it. Early 2019 is going to be expensive as hell as it is, with both Tauriel and Arwen (plus other real world money things like a vacation, bills, etc). It’s obvious this one is going to be amazing, but it’s not a must have. I have the Witch King (from the Hobbit) and the miniature ringwraith...which is enough for me - ringwraith wise. If I had coins to spare for early 2019 I’d first look at either Haldir or the Dwarfs of the Iron Hills.

Comment

Then again, compare the tail silhouettes between the 'unknown' statue, and the statue in the background of Jane sculpting. They match rather well. Though it must be noted that the splashes seen at the rear legs of the statue in the photograph and the released silhouette do not match.

Also, anyone else getting an unusual redirect for this particular forum page? When one clicks any new notifications regarding this page, you are taken to page two, not to the most recent page...
                                    You're right, Earl! The tails look very much the same

Exciting stuff!

I'll just grab some tomato sauce and seasoning to eat my words with, it should be a reasonably substantial meal

I just can't work out what's going on with the rear "robes" above the tail, it's a very unusual shape

I'm just wondering, what if the horse isn't actually standing upright, but rather leaning sideways instead, maybe trying to evade a wave? I never considered this in the one behind Jane...

Comment

Yes I have the same problem
                                      Edit: not anymore apparently

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

Yes I have the same problem
                                        Edit: not anymore apparently
                                        Excellent haha, I'm not mad - at least - not the only mad one

And indeed it seems to have resolved itself nicely!

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

You're right, Earl! The tails look very much the same

Exciting stuff!

I'll just grab some tomato sauce and seasoning to eat my words with, it should be a reasonably substantial meal

I just can't work out what's going on with the rear "robes" above the tail, it's a very unusual shape

I'm just wondering, what if the horse isn't actually standing upright, but rather leaning sideways instead, maybe trying to evade a wave? I never considered this in the one behind Jane...
                                          Easy on the ketchup old boy.

The horse in the new silhouette seems very dynamic and the neck is quite forward and low. Correlating perfectly, as has been pointed out, with a chap desperate to evade an equine torrent of water bearing down upon him.

The horse in the background of the sculpting photo? We cannot see its head of course, but it seems much more static and what one might expect from a horse bearing a Ringwraith standing in his stirrups, sword held aloft, menacing from the other side of a river.

So... perhaps some elements were maintained, more elements were changed, and that horse represents an earlier design not carried through to the end?

Comment

Working...
                                          X