• Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would go insane in there.

And I would love to watch that video FrodoEyes mentionned

Comment

Originally posted by tamaboy311 View Post
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iYcfptG5IMI
      in 2:12 you can move the camera toward 3 cabinets. the ringwraight is on the middle one. top shelve.
      Thank you for the video. Just the seeing the sun in these outside shots burns my skin
      And I didn't know the Weta Cave had gotten a new entrance. When did that happen?

Comment

New entrance was there 15 months ago but I’m not sure when they changed. It is good though. Opens it up and makes it about 30% bigger

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
          New entrance was there 15 months ago but I’m not sure when they changed. It is good though. Opens it up and makes it about 30% bigger
          I haven't been there in four years now

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

I haven't been there in four years now
            Me too!

Although I’m guessing life in the Shire goes on, very much as it has this past age

Gotta make the trip back sometime though, I believe there’s now a new lamp post to see

Comment

I’d love to visit New Zealand, but oh, the distance and money. Well, mostly time. When we go we will want to spend at least 4-5 weeks in NZ.

Comment

I had a look at this bad boy in person today and asked the lovely people at the Weta Cave if I could take some quick snaps without the glass. Will post these in the next few days! He is AWESOME! He's quite long with lots of flowing cape and dwarfs Arwen on Asfaloth in comparison of size.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                  I had a look at this bad boy in person today and asked the lovely people at the Weta Cave if I could take some quick snaps without the glass. Will post these in the next few days! He is AWESOME! He's quite long with lots of flowing cape and dwarfs Arwen on Asfaloth in comparison of size.
                  YEAH great!
                  So excited!

Comment

Days.... cruelty

Comment

Great TWH. Thank you

Comment

Nice! Looking forward to seeing those.

Comment

What a tease . . . I'm looking forward to seeing the pics!
                          "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
                          ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

How nice! I too am looking forward to seeing your photos of it.

Comment

Photo with Arwen is for scale. Keep in mind Arwen is slightly behind on the shelf, however, this ringwraith is long.
                              Hard to get decent photos with a phone and limited angles but I hope it helps.
                              Last edited by TheWhiteHand; Yesterday, 02:23.

Comment

Thank you for the great pics

Comment

Awesome! Appreciate the pics. I may have to rethink how I’m going to display mine. This takes up quite a bit of real estate.

Comment

Beautiful photos. His sword is badly warped.

Comment

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                                      Beautiful photos. His sword is badly warped.
                                      Yes, I rather wondered if the hilt and blade were somewhat at an angle to one another.

Comment

I think maybe it's too big for the cabinet, so they couldn't display it with the sword fully in place, assuming the blade is separate and fits into the hilt or hand.

Comment

Working...
                                        X