Weta new Ringwraith on Steed: See Page 6

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If only Prime 1 would release something similar in their 1/3 scale format for Lord of the Rings like their Wonder Woman on horse 1/3 release. This piece is a bit over 50 inches to the top of her sword. It’s a beast of a statue.

EEF5EDF4-5506-4BBA-A600-B60AEFD7C520.jpeg

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post
      If only Prime 1 would release something similar in their 1/3 scale format for Lord of the Rings like their Wonder Woman on horse 1/3 release. This piece is a bit over 50 inches to the top of her sword. It’s a beast of a statue.

What's the price?

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post

What's the price?
        The price is terribly expensive for the 1/3 Prime 1 studio Wonder Woman on horse back. The price is $3600 not including shipping. Weighs around 100 pounds due to its size also. Still would be nice to see a massive LOTR on horseback piece made like they did the Wonder Woman one here. Here’s a pic I found online of someone standing next to it just for size comparison.

15EE4F83-AD65-40EB-8BFD-9ED5624D0222.jpeg

Comment

WOW!!!! I would love something like that from Middle-earth. If it is that big and that high quality - it just might be worth three grand.

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
            I don't see this selling out .

I know the hype Weta created to market it for pre order but it doesn't have wow factor like thranduil had.

Mouth of Sauron took time to sell out I think this will take longer
            For me this is much much better than the Thranduil statue on elk. To this day I do not regret passing that up with all the reports of bad paint, etc.

And having said that, I have not yet jumped at the new Ringwraith on steed. I spent my years budget on Treebeard and it will take something new and special to get me tempted. Bilbo at the writing desk surrounded by books and scrolls and neat stuff would do that. A Beorn transformation piece might do that. A great environment like the Black Gates or Thranduils Thorne Room or the Grey Havens might do that.

I already half a half dozen ringwraiths including the original on steed - so this simply is a nice piece that I can hold out for down the road if necessary.

Comment

Delivery Oct-Dec 2019.
              Enough time to save money

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                Delivery Oct-Dec 2019.
                Enough time to save money
                This is welcome news.

Comment

Originally posted by ghettodactyl View Post

Does Sideshow's Dark Rider of Mordor qualify to compete with a Prime 1?

For me, I have the RWOS and the 1/4 DROM, so I'm set with any Ringwraiths for now.
                  Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Originally posted by Radagaster View Post

Does Sideshow's Dark Rider of Mordor qualify to compete with a Prime 1?

For me, I have the RWOS and the 1/4 DROM, so I'm set with any Ringwraiths for now.
                    Not really compete since the sideshow piece has long been sold out. Prime 1 does have rights to make I believe 1/4 scale LOTR pieces if I remember right. They’ve been working on Aragorn for awhile and I’m pretty sure that will be their initial 1/4 scale release for the upcoming line. So they wouldn’t be able to make 1/3 size like this but could maybe do a 1/4 scale something with a horse or something nice. I doubt they’ll make any 1/4 scale pieces with a horse anytime soon though.

Comment

I had the PF, it was nice but I eventually sold it. The Ringwraith maquette is one of my favorite pieces period, so I'm hoping this will be on the same lvl for me. It would be hard to pass on an awesome Nazgûl from P1 but I'm also afraid of the price tag.

Comment

Good ES, good price, amazing statue from Weta.

I just ordered from Darkside Collectibles, they have an offer for 609 Euros with free EU shipping, that was too good to pass by!

Comment

Originally posted by finarfin View Post

I just ordered from Darkside Collectibles, they have an offer for 609 Euros with free EU shipping, that was too good to pass by!
                          Congrats my friend!
                          Excellent piece for your collection!
                          "I would have gone with you to the end,into the very fires of mordor"

Comment

Originally posted by watcher View Post

Congrats my friend!
                            Excellent piece for your collection!

Comment

Originally posted by finarfin View Post

Nice ! Good choice !

Am I the only one waiting for the Bruinen' enchantment ?

In other subject, I wonder if they'll make few 1/6 from Alita.
                              Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

I have been following their online stock for the last 24h or so. That reduced by around 12 units. Not a lot for a release day. Maybe most are buying on other shops?

Comment

I just pre-ordered mine. Price has gone up compared to Arwen So Weta better not bring anything that I want between now and December

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                                    I just pre-ordered mine. Price has gone up compared to Arwen So Weta better not bring anything that I want between now and December
                                    50 more than Arwen. That's strange given that Weta's own pricing for both statues is exactly the same. Then again, retailers know that Wraiths sell well.

With Frodo included in the Arwen on Asfaloth sculpt it feels like you're getting more value for money than the Wraith though.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

*confused* both show 699usd online. Are retailers adding 50 on Wraith? Evil fee.

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post
                                        *confused* both show 699usd online. Are retailers adding 50 on Wraith? Evil fee.
                                        Yes

I ordered direct from Weta for few € more.
                                        No annoying to discuss with dealers if I have something to complain about, Weta is there easily.

Comment

Originally posted by DD View Post

50 more than Arwen. That's strange given that Weta's own pricing for both statues is exactly the same. Then again, retailers know that Wraiths sell well.

With Frodo included in the Arwen on Asfaloth sculpt it feels like you're getting more value for money than the Wraith though.
                                          I expected the price to be a bit higher, but yes, €50 is a lot. Guess they are selling better since Weta started adding VAT and seeing how they still come up cheaper compared to Weta... I do fear next time their price will be even closer to Weta's

Comment

Working...
                                          X