Weta new Ringwraith on Steed: See Page 6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well seems to have abit of interest im in two minds yes of course i want it but tb coming too just dont want another flexi on top
    think more inc myself will keep a eye on it see if it goes low stock before commiting

Comment

Same for me,i don t want to use the flexi until TB will be fully paid in two months.With Arwen coming around Feb/March too...
      I hope the black rider won t sell too fast and expected for delivery by the end of the year....

Comment

I signed up for the email/newsletter yet again . . . and received nothing. Again.
        "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
        ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
          I signed up for the email/newsletter yet again . . . and received nothing. Again.
          Well, I have been on their newsletter for years and I never received an email from them either. So I have know idea how to get to this early access preorder. If it's there when I get home from work tomorrow great, if not, oh well.

Comment

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post
            I know that with Treebeard, there was a 'button' on the order page itself, that stated if you were interested in being notified when Treebeard went up for preorder to click on the fore mentioned button. Once you clicked on it, you entered your email address.

I'm wondering if there wasn't the same type of thing for this RWoS as well. It has nothing to do with the 'main email/newsletters' that Weta sends out. Reason for wondering this is:
            "Pre-orders open early 2019. Register your interest at the top of the page for product updates and pre-alert when the Ringwraith is available to order."
            The above is an quote taken from the order page. I notice that the button is no longer there to click on in order to 'register ones interest'.

Hopefully this will still be available when those not 'registering' their interest are able to preorder it.

Comment

I signed up for the preorder and didnt receive an earlier notification that was sent. I went back to the site and saw the space was open again to register. It took me quite a few attempts and it finally gave me notification that it worked.

I received the preorder email for this one.

Tried to sign up for the treebeard preorder the same as the intial attempt for this one and never received anything.

There is defintely something faulty on the site. Unfortunately unless it is fixed, it seems you may have to recheck periodically.

Comment

Was on the fence on this one but I caved and preordered when the email came. Did same as Josh and used Weta dollars to cover the preorder and spaced out to 5 payments. I'm guessing we're looking at a few months on the wait so paying him off won't be too horrible. Kept thinking that Arwen needed something to be facing off with when displayed. Seriously this is too adddictive!

Comment

I don't see this selling out .

I know the hype Weta created to market it for pre order but it doesn't have wow factor like thranduil had.

Mouth of Sauron took time to sell out I think this will take longer

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post
                    I don't see this selling out .

I know the hype Weta created to market it for pre order but it doesn't have wow factor like thranduil had.

Mouth of Sauron took time to sell out I think this will take longer
                    For me it is not necessary if it is sold out quickly,i want to order this from Weta directly because if when it is sold out or you have aissue you have no way(mostly) to get a replacement from your dealer but Weta does it and a early bird preorder make it sweeter and stressless.

And my support goes 100% to Weta!

Comment

Ordered this guy Excited to get it in hand and see how it compares to the original RWOS

Comment

Originally posted by Plat View Post
                        748€
                        I hear you. Weta prices are ridiculous for a 1/6 piece, especially if you live in Europe. But still it seems that there are enough people who don't care and order anyway. See also Treebeard *sigh*

Comment

Great to see the new poly buzz getting people's juices flowing

Comment

I thought the same Ith. That being on the email list meant I would know by that. But not apparently. Jack said it is going live tomorrow at 9am NZ time.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post

I hear you. Weta prices are ridiculous for a 1/6 piece, especially if you live in Europe. But still it seems that there are enough people who don't care and order anyway. See also Treebeard *sigh*
                              For me 770 eur (Czech Rep. EU) that is...devastating, especially if I have Arwen on pre-order…

Comment

I get lucky with the shipping but €747 is a bit steep Even with the $84.5 I would get back If Arwen is anything to go by, I could get this somewhere else for about €572.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                                  I get lucky with the shipping but €747 is a bit steep Even with the $84.5 I would get back If Arwen is anything to go by, I could get this somewhere else for about €572.
                                  Where did you get Arwen for that price? Great price!

Happy for the people who pre-ordered. Won't be doing it myself. Arwen will be the most expensive statue I'll own, so she'll be the standard. She was/is one of my most wanted statues, so I won't pay the same price for a statue that I don't love as much as Arwen. Plus I dislike some parts of the statue itself, so that makes it easier.

Enjoy the pre-order feelings

Comment

If Arwen is anything to go by, I could get this somewhere else for about €572.
                                    I think I know this City in the Clouds you're referring to
                                    They don't have a price for the Ringwraith YET, but it will still be around 600 Euros, I guess. Way too much for any 1/6 scale, at least for me. But it seems that nobody else gives a fook. So, way to go, Weta.

Comment

This is a great companion piece to Arwen/Frodo on horse. It would look great set up so he’s turning towards Arwen if you have the room to display them like that.

Prices for statues have only climbed over the years from pretty much all the statue manufacturers out there. It makes me wonder what prices will be 5 years from now. I’ve stopped collecting statues completely because my current goal is to obtain a complete MSSC set requires any statue money I would have spent to go towards swords. I’m hoping to get a complete set of both the swords and scabbards some day.

Comment

We need more rider statues in the future so it's good to see so many liking and pre-ordering this.

I'm sticking with Arwen and the original RWoS.

€ 747 ! Wow, ordering locally is almost a must for EU collectors these days. If I had to pre-order Arwen for that much I would have been forced to pass on it.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Where did you get Arwen for that price? Great price!
                                          Originally posted by FlyingFool View Post

I think I know this City in the Clouds you're referring to
                                          They don't have a price for the Ringwraith YET, but it will still be around 600 Euros, I guess. Way too much for any 1/6 scale, at least for me. But it seems that nobody else gives a fook. So, way to go, Weta.
                                          Life is so easy when others reply in your stead

Originally posted by DD View Post
                                          We need more rider statues in the future so it's good to see so many liking and pre-ordering this.

I'm sticking with Arwen and the original RWoS.

€ 747 ! Wow, ordering locally is almost a must for EU collectors these days. If I had to pre-order Arwen for that much I would have been forced to pass on it.
                                          Last night I decided that I want to focus on riders, so yes, we wants more! Preferably at a rate of one per year and nothing else in between

And yes, when I really want a statue, I go locally. Where I buy there's no rewards scheme but having to pay no (or way less) VAT makes all the difference.

Comment

Working...
                                          X