Weta new Ringwraith on Steed: Could It Be?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks like it'll be a good companion to Arwen, scene specific or not. Gladly I have and love the original, so won't be getting this.

Until I see actual photos

Of course, if I had the space and money, I'd get everything.

Earl.Haig , I clicked on the button that takes you to the most recent post, and it took me to page 1, post 1! I've noticed this happen a few times on this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post

Easy on the ketchup old boy.

The horse in the new silhouette seems very dynamic and the neck is quite forward and low. Correlating perfectly, as has been pointed out, with a chap desperate to evade an equine torrent of water bearing down upon him.

The horse in the background of the sculpting photo? We cannot see its head of course, but it seems much more static and what one might expect from a horse bearing a Ringwraith standing in his stirrups, sword held aloft, menacing from the other side of a river.

So... perhaps some elements were maintained, more elements were changed, and that horse represents an earlier design not carried through to the end?
      Yes, some modifications during the process would explain things I suppose! It's fun to speculate

The equine torrent of water in question would look amazing, especially with transparent water as with the Arwen base, and shaped like horses. Wow!

Although it would need a large base!

Comment

I think we all decided that this a new Ringwraith statue, but does anyone know what that's going on behind the rider's back? It seems a bit off to be just a flying cape and if it was supposed to be the water horsies "eating" it shouldn't it be more like a wave towering over?

Also: must resist! Must resist! Especially when he arrives anywhere near April

Comment

There's a strong chance this is Jane's sculpt as well, since she did both Eomer, and Arwen on Asfaloth. If so, it will be interesting to see her take on the Ringwraith, since Eomer had so much detail. It's also a different sculpting style to Sam Guo's Mouth of Sauron on Steed, since the latter appears more bulked up and beefier-looking.

For those who missed out on the previous RWOS, this is the next best thing.
          Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

Oh yes my precious

Comment

Can’t wait to see this , the original is a masterpiece imo but I think it’s time for another version

Comment

I’m wondering now if it isn’t the Ringwraith from the chase scene. It looks to be. That would explain the robes, the tail, the position of the sword.

That would mean it isn’t a companion piece for the Arwen they went with. Maybe they started off intending them to be companion pieces but the ones they decided to created ended up not being from the same scene.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                  I’m wondering now if it isn’t the Ringwraith from the chase scene. It looks to be. That would explain the robes, the tail, the position of the sword.

That would mean it isn’t a companion piece for the Arwen they went with. Maybe they started off intending them to be companion pieces but the ones they decided to created ended up not being from the same scene.
                  But the Ringwraiths' swords were sheathed during the chase if I remember right.

There's a chance you're right about it being a mini epic Valar . It does look a little cartoony. It could also be the real 1/6 scale deal though. Either way I'm excited to see it. But I agree with Gwindor on the pose; the Bruinen standoff would be the best match for the Arwen statue. I'm not saying no to a full speed chase pose though. That would be a worthy successor to the original RWOS.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Mini Epic or 1/6, I'll be getting it either way. I hope Weta lets us know before hand when this is going to be revealed and up for preorder. I don't want to miss this if it's a limited 1/6.

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                      Earl.Haig, I clicked on the button that takes you to the most recent post, and it took me to page 1, post 1! I've noticed this happen a few times on this forum.
                      That it did not do haha. Yesterday it directed me to page two, when there were three pages, today it directs me to page three when there are now four. Jolly interesting

Comment

Interesting i see people more excited about this release than for Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth. Maybe TB release casts a shadow over it? I am hoping for a long ES because I ran out of juice with so much great stuff so quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post

That it did not do haha. Yesterday it directed me to page two, when there were three pages, today it directs me to page three when there are now four. Jolly interesting
                          Same here again.

Comment

Miniature RWOS?

I know it's a standard Arwen and co. on steed line but wouldn't this be cool. You have a miniature ringwraith checking time on his hand watch and then urging the miniature ringwaith on steed to rush to the dry cleaners to pick up the black laundry before it closes

Comment

It must be very entertaining for Weta to read all of our wild speculations every time they reveal one of these new silhouettes!

Originally posted by DD View Post

There's a chance you're right about it being a mini epic Valar . It does look a little cartoony. It could also be the real 1/6 scale deal though. Either way I'm excited to see it.
                              Me too! I'm more confused than ever now

The lack of tattered edges on the robes does lend to the cartoony/manga/mini-epic feel somewhat

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                              I think we all decided that this a new Ringwraith statue, but does anyone know what that's going on behind the rider's back? It seems a bit off to be just a flying cape and if it was supposed to be the water horsies "eating" it shouldn't it be more like a wave towering over?
                              Yes the shape at the rear is the bit I was trying to describe before, it really has me stumped too, what an unusual shape indeed!

I also was assuming the shapes around the horse's hooves were water splashes, stylized in a chunky mini-epic/manga way, but what if this isn't meant to go with the new Arwen statue? Those "splashes" around the hooves might be a forest floor!

The chase from the "flight to the ford" scene, as others have suggested?

Can't wait for the statue reveal

Comment

So very many mysteries:
                                Are we seeing a companion for Arwen or not?
                                Is the redirecting living it's own life or is it just having fun...

Seems to me we could use a detective here.

Comment

Vicksken

or

or maybe?

Comment

Sorry Steve Martin, just no! Inspector Jacques Clouseau is Peter Sellers. Nothing else comes close.

Comment

To me it's quite obvious it's a 1/6 version, meant as a companion piece for Arwen. Maybe not the exact same moment, but close enough. But I guess we'll see

Comment

Its has to be at the ford why would they do a static arwen then a riding wraith just doesnt add up
                                        either way one big tick on my wants list fantastic weta now how do we afford 9

Comment

I missed out on the first first ringwraith on steed... I will not make that mistake again. Excited to get this! Will go great with my Arwen!
                                          "I aim to misbehave," - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Working...
                                          X