Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Witch-King and Frodo at Weathertop 1:6 scale statue

There hasn't been a thread started about this yet so I thought I'd do it

For the first time Weta previewed an early prototype of a statue at SDCC 2018, "The Witch-King and Frodo at Weathertop". The prototype seems to be rather small but the finished product will be a 1:6 scale statue and (the lovely) Jane Wenley started sculpting the 1:6 scale statue during SDCC. Since we all know it's coming I thought it would be a great opportunity for Weta to show updates, with photos, now and then to show the progress and I just asked Leonard about this in his thread. I really hope it's doable!

Edit: Forgot to write that I'm pretty sure I saw Jane herself saying in a video from SDCC (that I can't find right now) that the statue will hopefully be finished for SDCC next year.

Here are a few pics from SDCC;

Jane Wenley SDCC 2018.jpg

Jane Wenley Witch-King and Frodo at Amon-sul SDCC 2018 2.jpg

Jane and Witch-king prototype.jpg
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Gwindor; Yesterday, 10:52.

WoW so exited.

Comment

This is gonna be very cool. First off it was awesome to watch her sculpt some of this at the show. Second I can't wait to see how they use the new clear resin on this one.

Comment

I really want to buy this statue as it's such an important, iconic moment, but Weta really need to up their game on quality control and customer service in the next year. New Jurassic Park collectibles are now being done and it'll have to be that or Weta for me.

Comment

I really really like dioramas and I'm looking forward to seeing this next year. Here's to hoping that this piece is ushering in more dio's in the future.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
            I really really like dioramas and I'm looking forward to seeing this next year. Here's to hoping that this piece is ushering in more dio's in the future.
            Same here. Dios are great since they capture the feeling of entire scenes and I am sure that interest will be elevated for this kind of collectible.

Comment

I really like this idea as well and I told folks at the booth I hope they continue to do more stuff like this.

Comment

Very cool , I’ve not bought 1/6 for a while but I may have to have this, maybe this is a good way of redoing the hobbits but with another character involved to help sales, I know Weta have said in the past Hobbits aren’t great sellers

what other Hobbit combos would people like?
                Last edited by Moriaman; 25 August 2018, 10:31. Reason: Added stuff

Comment

Well, I'm getting Merry and Pippin with Treebeard, so maybe Sam Vs. Shelob?

Comment

I think my only hobbit instabuy would be this:
                    hobbits-hiding-from-nazgul.jpg

With exact place for us to place ss/weta ringwraith on steed

Comment

Originally posted by pocketreef View Post

I agree completely with you!

Comment

In 1:6 scale?

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

In 1:6 scale?
                          This would make for a great mini actually!

Comment

Assuming we *have* RWOS!

I guess the rest of us can just pretend it’s the moment before he rocks up...

Comment

Valar - With a limited edition of 5000 I am sure we'll all find one.

Comment

This works just fine for me.

Comment

Valar - With a limited edition of 5000 I am sure we'll all find one.
                                  True!

I’d much rather be hunting for a ringwraith than the other way round...

Comment

Well i sold my spares so i only have the one rwos he going nowhere but yes that would be a nice scene
                                    sadly if wraith being done as a rider would need to be at the ford

Comment

Looks like another new statue in the works. Just posted now on Twitter:

DrgbeohV4AAojZq.jpg_large

Comment

i love it already - the true form witch king is my favorite.

i was going to get the witch king who is jumping but now will just wait for this piece

sweet

Comment

Working...
                                        X