Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Revealed at SDCC 2018 and immediately put up for pre-order.

$699.00
    Limited Edition of 750 pcs
    Principal sculptor: Jane Wenley

Additional info from Leonard in the SDCC 2018 thread:
    Arwen is approx 480mm (19") to the tip of Hadhafang - base is our 365 x 235mm base (overall sculpt fits in well with minimal overhang)
    Affiliate Order Link

15313626067ea989824bb8c634d80e5624a15d695e.jpg
    Last edited by Gwindor; 19th July 2018, 19:48.

Super well done. Absolutely love it. The water effect is really cool.

Comment

Good morning to meeeee !!!

Who needs coffee when there's this to wake up to?

Comment

A wonderful piece. I will only be getting it if I can't afford Treebeard.
        The Red Room
        https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

amazing piece - I am broke :_(

Comment

LEonard also pointed out the chiffon material in Arwen’s dress is represented by semi translucent resin. Can you see it?

Comment

This one looks amazing! Excellent likeness on both Arwen and Frodo. And the details are outstanding!

Comment

Insta preorder for me!
                Though on this pic the likeness is not perfect, or maybe it is the light?
                15313626652f3f4aeb9048aca59c76f5f48d43bbc3.jpg

Comment

Originally posted by wargrider View Post
                  Insta preorder for me!
                  Though on this pic the likeness is not perfect, or maybe it is the light?
                  15313626652f3f4aeb9048aca59c76f5f48d43bbc3.jpg
                  If you see other pictures its much better. Depends on the angle I think.

I'm in love with this statue, one of my favorite moments. Now I need to convince myself it is worth the money. I still think it is way to much for "only a statue" but on the other hand...

Comment

I'm usually one to pick up on likeness especially if it's off.

Frodo looks great and Arwen is spot on from the side and still pretty close from that shot.

Beautiful statue which I may be talking myself into knowing that Treebeard is going to cost an arm and a leg.
                    Last edited by Red; 19th July 2018, 21:50.
                    The Red Room

Comment

Be hard not to put an order in for this, it looks amazing. I`ll wait to find out the Treebeard situation before deciding.

Comment

I don’t mean to sound like a hater or anything- I love her sculpts ! But is it me , or is her face kinda off...like from the mid way from the nose bridge and up her face looks great, but from the mid nose bridge down.. her nose looks quite long along with the upper lip.. also the lips are a bit too full.

That’s just my 1st impression.

But it everything else is just drop dead gorgeous...for me that’s the cleanest looking horse. Even Frodo look good

Comment

I’m sure this one will be popular with the collectors - but not for me. Looks really good though. Love the colours and paint-work.

Scriff

Comment

Originally posted by Bslayer8 View Post
                            I don’t mean to sound like a hater or anything- I love her sculpts ! But is it me , or is her face kinda off...like from the mid way from the nose bridge and up her face looks great, but from the mid nose bridge down.. her nose looks quite long along with the upper lip.. also the lips are a bit too full.

That’s just my 1st impression.

But it everything else is just drop dead gorgeous...for me that’s the cleanest looking horse. Even Frodo look good
                            Could be the shadows but yes the nostrils, mouth do look slightly different shapes on either side.

We are getting picky now though.
                            The Red Room

Comment

Originally posted by Red View Post

Could be the shadows but yes the nostrils, mouth do look slightly different shapes on either side.

We are getting picky now though.
                              I am just being 100% honest given it’s $700 not including shipping.
                              Like I said, im not trying to hate, it’s just one of things that popped out when i watched the live unveiling and the sale pics

Still a wonderful statue and I think I’m gonna Get it, but it’s not wrong to call something out like that.

Comment

Originally posted by Bslayer8 View Post

I am just being 100% honest given it’s $700 not including shipping.
                                Like I said, im not trying to hate, it’s just one of things that popped out when i watched the live unveiling and the sale pics

Still a wonderful statue and I think I’m gonna Get it, but it’s not wrong to call something out like that.
                                Yes definately and again I agree.

The we referred to us both to set up the joke which seems to have slipped through. You know nostrils....picky........forget it, I know it was bad.
                                The Red Room

Comment

It may be the angle, but I agree, Arwen's face looks off in certain pictures. When she's photographed from the side her face looks gorgeous though. The rest of the statue is....well...just incredible!

Not a fan of spending that much money on a statue, but she's a must have and she'll be the highlight of my collection. If they can make a statue like this for this price I can safely say I will never spend more money than I will spend on Arwen

Plus Elrond needs a partner next to him on the showcase and the dimensions look perfect for it. Elrond will be happy. It's also nice to have more female power in the collection. So far I only have the miniature version of her that's female (well and a Hot Toys Rey from Star Wars, but it's just not the same).

I especially love the water effect and the Frodo likeness. So impressive. Oh and the horse...

Comment

Its looks great ! But i hope they dont get a Thranduil on Elk face

Comment

For some weird reason I get the message that there's a problem with my payment when I try to order it? Anyone else getting that? I'm nowhere near my credit card limit, so that can't be it.

Comment

So...what do we think? How fast will this sell out? I know it's a piece many of us wanted to be announced so I guess it will sell out fast. Not sure wether to pre-order now, or to wait till end of September. I know Thranduil on Elk sold out in 2 weeks iirc? But then again...both Haldir and Eomer (plus Isildur) have been available for months and they're still available, so I don't know what to do. It's either now, or end of September. CC limit will be reached in the months in between due to a holiday, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                        X