Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
    Is there one look for Craig Parker? I honestly can't say there is. To me he looks different in almost every role he has appeared in. I think the statue is a great representation of him and I don't think that any lover of ME will ever look and this statue and ask, who is that?

And as far as Arwen is concerned, I too don't think that the face is perfect viewing her directly from the front but it is a very minor observation and the rest of the statue is . So home she will come and be proudly displayed in my collection.
    Agreed on both. You can see him in the sculpt for sure. I’m super excited to get mine next week and have this long time desires character in my collection. Arwen is gonna be worth the wait for sure. It’s just so well done.

Comment

K the maquette arwen is fantastic head sculpt and brilliant i so regret selling it now
      but both arwen and haldir did look a bit miss at reveal however the in hand pics of haldir are much better and i like him better so i guess arwen will be the same
      weta statues have come along so much over the last few years

i only wish the prices could be cheaper so we all could collect more i have now ltd myself to only 2 flexi at once which is dwarves vs elves and gambling

i would like to add more but no its not viable

Comment

The dimensions of Arwen appeared on the WETA page: Dimensions: 12.99 "x 15.74" x 9.84 "(W x H x D) 33 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm Weight: 16.53 lbs (7.5 kg)

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

I think as more people see it up close that will change some I hope.

I agree completely. I just feel Jane did every bit as good on this one as both of those. I know this is one you’ve been waiting for. I think you’ll kick yourself if you skip on it. However, I think if you feel it’s one you don’t want then you should do what you feel is best.
          On closer inspection, I come to the conclusion that the face is not too bad.
          Seen on other photos,I ordered it ,and am afraid I will regret it otherwise
          if I had not done it..

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2018...on-2018-recap/
          Last edited by G.W; 7th August 2018, 05:19.

Comment

Originally posted by G.W View Post

On closer inspection, I come to the conclusion that the face is not too bad.
            Seen on other photos,I ordered it ,and am afraid I will regret it otherwise
            if I had not done it..

http://www.theonering.net/torwp/2018...on-2018-recap/
            Nice! I hope you love it. I believe you will but I’ll cross my fingers for ya.

I tried to get as many shots of her for our SDCC coverage as I could. Plus the video of course.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

Nice! I hope you love it. I believe you will but I’ll cross my fingers for ya.

I tried to get as many shots of her for our SDCC coverage as I could. Plus the video of course.
              Thanks, I believe in it now

Comment

Originally posted by Western View Post
                The dimensions of Arwen appeared on the WETA page: Dimensions: 12.99 "x 15.74" x 9.84 "(W x H x D) 33 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm Weight: 16.53 lbs (7.5 kg)
                Sounds like it might fit on a Billy bookshelf!

Comment

Originally posted by G.W View Post

Thanks, I believe in it now
                  Nice!

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

Sounds like it might fit on a Billy bookshelf!

That is my hope as well!

There's a realistic chance at least, unlike with Thranduil on Elk.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Keep in mind those numbers are not completely correct. Two weeks ago I asked Leonard the following:

Me: I have a question regarding Arwen. Earlier you mentioned: "Arwen is approx 480mm (19") to the tip of Hadhafang - base is our 365 x 235mm base (overall sculpt fits in well with minimal overhang)"

On the Weta website it now says: 12.99" x 15.74" x 9.84" (W x H x D) 33 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm. As I am planning a new display, the height is actually important. How tall is she?

Leonards answer: Thanks.Celaglar, Just checked the one we have here, and seems down the road they've take the measurement to the top of her head. So yes, it's 48cm to the tip of Hadhafang for your display case

Comment

Originally posted by Celaglar View Post

Keep in mind those numbers are not completely correct. Two weeks ago I asked Leonard the following:

Me: I have a question regarding Arwen. Earlier you mentioned: "Arwen is approx 480mm (19") to the tip of Hadhafang - base is our 365 x 235mm base (overall sculpt fits in well with minimal overhang)"

On the Weta website it now says: 12.99" x 15.74" x 9.84" (W x H x D) 33 cm x 40 cm x 25 cm. As I am planning a new display, the height is actually important. How tall is she?

Leonards answer: Thanks.Celaglar, Just checked the one we have here, and seems down the road they've take the measurement to the top of her head. So yes, it's 48cm to the tip of Hadhafang for your display case

Thanks for pointing that out, Celaglar. So it's 480mm (19") to the tip of Hadhafang as Leonard said during SDCC - and the base is 365 x 235mm (250mm because of the "minimal overhang"). I'm going to ignore the 330mm mentioned on the site because that's less than the 365mm that Leonard mentioned. That would be negative overhang.

480mm high isn't a problem for my Billy case. Now I just need to do some measurements to see if it will fit (and which display angles it will force me to choose from. )

Comment

I already reserved a spot for the statue, next to Elrond on top of one of our showcases. He's waiting and waiting

Comment

Question: site still says ''early 2019'' as the release date. With Tauriel releasing in March and some other bills these months...it would be handy to know when this one will be charged/shipped. Anyone have any idea?

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post
                              Question: site still says ''early 2019'' as the release date. With Tauriel releasing in March and some other bills these months...it would be handy to know when this one will be charged/shipped. Anyone have any idea?
                              I've buy her from my reseller, delivery approx. mid march '19. Weta usually ship their own stock one month ( / one month and half ) earlier.
                              Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Originally posted by Enelyë View Post

I've buy her from my reseller, delivery approx. mid march '19. Weta usually ship their own stock one month ( / one month and half ) earlier.
                                Thank you! I'll just assume it will ship in February/March

Comment

Hope it is not too soon in the new year. Don't get me wrong, I love to see her as soon as possible, but with all those BF arrivals it would be nice to have a period of anticipation and excitement before the release would be great.

Comment

I'm looking forward to this statue as well, but I wouldn't mind if it started shipping around April or even May.

Comment

Originally posted by DD View Post
                                      I'm looking forward to this statue as well, but I wouldn't mind if it started shipping around April or even May.
                                      Same!

Comment

Just got a WETA mail about this (after mailing them myself), they think they will be ready to ship the last week of February. May be handy to know for some

Comment

Alwayshappy Thank you for sharing that! Time to re-adjust my spring "saving"

Comment

Working...
                                          X