X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

keep it simple, AFoA

Comment

ORDERED

Great photos Josh! She looks amazing and even though I was hoping for this to be revealed it still felt like a huge surprise. I´m glad they went with the Bruinen stand-off pose. Frodo looks great. Well, dying, obviously, but great nonetheless.

The water effect looks amazing (hope that comes through production okay) and the extended use of the translucent resin for the costume seems to be a real winner by the looks of it.

Liv Tyler's likeness is hard to capture but I think Jane Wenley pretty much nailed it. She has a great track record with her Boromir, Eowyn and Eomer sculpts so I'm not worried about the full-on likeness seeming off. It looks perfectly like Arwen from every other angle I've seen so far so I'm sure all will be well when it's in-hand. For now all I can say is I love it and it's a definite purchase for me.

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
      ArFroFoloth
      Originally posted by Stig View Post
      AFroLoth rolls better on the tongue

Areoloth

Whatever we end up calling it, I´m getting one.

Originally posted by Red View Post
      It's a beauty and the pics came out wonderfully.

If I can't afford Treebeard I may have to console myself with this or Eomer, or both.

JMan.
      After my run at ToE ended in failure I know I can't afford Treebeard.

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
      Those are meant for Jane, right?

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

Originally posted by DD View Post
        Great photos Josh! She looks amazing and even though I was hoping for this to be revealed it still felt like a huge surprise. I´m glad they went with the Bruinen stand-off pose. Frodo looks great. Well, dying, obviously, but great nonetheless.

The water effect looks amazing (hope that comes through production okay) and the extended use of the translucent resin for the costume seems to be a real winner by the looks of it.

Liv Tyler's likeness is hard to capture but I think Jane Wenley pretty much nailed it. She has a great track record with her Boromir, Eowyn and Eomer sculpts so I'm not worried about the full-on likeness seeming off. It looks perfectly like Arwen from every other angle I've seen so far so I'm sure all will be well when it's in-hand. For now all I can say is I love it and it's a definite purchase for me.
        Thank you She looks really really good. This piece is going to really impress you all even more in person, IMO. It’s a great pose for sure. It’s got movement but quiet at the same time.

The water effect is very well done. It’s the clear resin with some kind of powder in it to make it look that way. I think it has some kind of gloss on it to make it look “wet”. The costume was even cooler imo. Jane did a great job making the sculpt have the details chiffon would with that costume and then they were able to make the resin be see through in the same way. Amazing really.

I agree. I think she nailed it and based on previous pieces I think she’s shown likeness isn’t something to worry about.

Comment

Beat me on this one dd i really thinking of going with eomer before arwen unless we reach low stock first

now if they dropped out a ford wraith rider now that would change things to click

Comment

I just pre-ordered this beauty, I mean it is a lot of money there - and I have already Eomer and Haldir (ready to be shipped) but I cannot miss this one, can I? I have already Arwen the Sideshow one (with not so good face paint), but I just love this scene from the movie soo much...
            Last edited by Rena Gilthoniel; 30th July 2018, 20:20.

Comment

Screenshot_20180804-135147_Chrome.jpg
              On reflection, I will not purchase it anyway.
              Because the face of Arwen is super bad.
              The pose is fantastic, its only the face, which makes me decide that it will not be bought.
              Too bad, because I've been waiting a long time for this.
              In spite of this, Eomer is fantastic and this is in my collection.
              Last edited by G.W; 5th August 2018, 03:00.

Comment

Originally posted by G.W View Post
                On reflection, I will not purchase it anyway.
                Because the face of Arwen is super bad.
                The pose is fantastic, its only the face, which makes me decide that it will not be bought.
                Too bad, because I've been waiting a long time for this.
                In spite of this, Eomer is fantastic and this is in my collection.
                The face is super bad? What about it do you think is bad? I’m super curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

The face is super bad? What about it do you think is bad? I’m super curious.
                  Colour me likewise curious! I thought it a rather beautifully austere capture of Liv Tyler's Arwen...

Comment

Appears only slightly from the side,
                    from the front does not seem at all.
                    And I do not see Liv Tyler at all.

Comment

I think the likeness is pretty good, at worst the forehead is a little too wide but generally you recognize Arwen easily from every angle. For a poor face sculpt look at Haldir 1/6
                      Last edited by Blue Book of Eastmarch; 5th August 2018, 04:55.

Comment

there we go again

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
                          I think the likeness is pretty good, at worst the forehead is a little too wide but generally you recognize Arwen easily from every angle. For a poor face sculpt look at Haldir 1/6
                          Yes Haldir is one of the worst

Comment

Appears only slightly from the side,
                            from the front does not seem at all.
                            And I do not see Liv Tyler at all.
                            Fair enough. I don’t agree butdifferent strokes for different folks as they say.

You do know this is the same sculptor as Eomer and Boromir, right?

Comment

Yes Haldir is one of the worst

Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
                              Man you guys are a little hard on Haldir. After really getting to look at it during Comic-Con I have to say it’s a pretty solid sculpt. I don’t think I’d say spot on to Craig Parker but I can very much see him in it, and in general it’s a good sculpt to create the character at least.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post

Man you guys are a little hard on Haldir. After really getting to look at it during Comic-Con I have to say it’s a pretty solid sculpt. I don’t think I’d say spot on to Craig Parker but I can very much see him in it, and in general it’s a good sculpt to create the character at least.
                                I agree, I really don't understand all this Haldir hate going around.

Comment

Yes, Eomer and Boromir are really good, Boromir is one of the best when it comes to likeness of the face.
                                  And Boromir is a heavily underestimated statue.

Comment

Originally posted by finarfin View Post

I agree, I really don't understand all this Haldir hate going around.
                                    I think as more people see it up close that will change some I hope.

Yes, Eomer and Boromir are really good, Boromir is one of the best when it comes to likeness of the face.
                                    And Boromir is a heavily underestimated statue.
                                    I agree completely. I just feel Jane did every bit as good on this one as both of those. I know this is one you’ve been waiting for. I think you’ll kick yourself if you skip on it. However, I think if you feel it’s one you don’t want then you should do what you feel is best.

Comment

Faces in resin are remarkably difficult to photograph. I think this one some folks will need to see in person. Checking all angles the face looks very good so for that front picture I think it's the lens, the light, the angle, prototype paint on material, etc. not the sculpt. If unsure it's easy, wait for the prod pieces, if sold-out there will be ebay. I personally believe this rider to be one of the best to-date. Female hero (rare in this universe), ring bearer, movement, colorful, movie accurate, cool base... I will wait because priority is TB if reasonable.

Comment

I do agree that it's not the best likeness of Liv Tyler. However, the awesomeness of everything else (pose, sparkling water, see-through fabric) overweighs this likeness issue. If Frodo is removable, this would also be a great standalone.
                                        Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

• Is there one look for Craig Parker? I honestly can't say there is. To me he looks different in almost every role he has appeared in. I think the statue is a great representation of him and I don't think that any lover of ME will ever look and this statue and ask, who is that?

And as far as Arwen is concerned, I too don't think that the face is perfect viewing her directly from the front but it is a very minor observation and the rest of the statue is . So home she will come and be proudly displayed in my collection.
                                          Last edited by Ithildin; 5th August 2018, 07:49.

Comment

Working...
                                          X