Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Buckeye View Post

You pretty much described the reason I bought it . . . with the reduced price and ridiculously cheap shipping ($4 USD, yes you read that correctly), I paid approximately $275 USD less than if I'd purchased it directly from Weta.
    Never purchased from them before are they reputable?

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

Never purchased from them before are they reputable?
      To be honest, it was my first purchase from them. Based on that transaction, I have only good things to say. Good price, extremely inexpensive shipping, very well packaged (even though Weta statues have an external shipper, they placed THAT in another sturdy box with lots of plastic bubble packing), and timely processing/shipping. From purchase to delivery it was 6 days. Keep in mind that when I ordered the statue was "in stock." I think it's listed as a pre-order now . . .
      "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
      ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Got this yesterday brand new for a mere £350 shipped! Such a gorgeous statue in person, had to box her back up for now till i have the room but its easily one of my favourite pieces

Comment

To be honest, it was my first purchase from them. Based on that transaction, I have only good things to say. Good price, extremely inexpensive shipping, very well packaged (even though Weta statues have an external shipper, they placed THAT in another sturdy box with lots of plastic bubble packing), and timely processing/shipping. From purchase to delivery it was 6 days. Keep in mind that when I ordered the statue was "in stock." I think it's listed as a pre-order now . . .
          Thanks, I appreciate it.

Comment

Originally posted by BrEaKdOwN View Post
            Got this yesterday brand new for a mere £350 shipped! Such a gorgeous statue in person, had to box her back up for now till i have the room but its easily one of my favourite pieces
            Where was it 350?

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post

Where was it 350?
              A store over here in the UK

Comment

I was perfectly fine with just getting the Ringwraith but that link you sent is so tempting... I've used BBTS before as well and never had any issues with them.

Comment

I've use BBTS mostly now, as I can't afford the shipping costs that Weta wants.
                  So far I have had no issues, hope it stays that way.

Comment

The reason why i ordered Arwen on Asfaloth from Weta was the Vanderstelt art print when you have ordered the Ringwraith at the Ford from Weta too.
                    The prices from dealers are much lower than from Weta is.
                    Poor Arwen does not seem to be so popular, I like the statue so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                      I've use BBTS mostly now, as I can't afford the shipping costs that Weta wants.
                      So far I have had no issues, hope it stays that way.
                      I've only had one order from BBTS, and it was a flawless experience.

Comment

For those who wanted a better deal on it that Weta’s own, EE has Arwen & Frodo on Asfaloth for $399 and free US shipping while it lasts! Score!

Comment

Nice price! Should I be concerned about the amount of weight being placed on the back legs of the horse? I'm concerned that it'll end up cracking.

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post
                            Nice price! Should I be concerned about the amount of weight being placed on the back legs of the horse? I'm concerned that it'll end up cracking.
                            Mine stands pretty steady, I do not fear it will crack.

Comment

Originally posted by KingElessar View Post
                              Originally posted by Celaglar View Post
                              Mine stands pretty steady, I do not fear it will crack.
                              Same with mine. Perfectly stable. The statue feels well balanced.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

So what are the chances this will be put up on a reverse auction in the next days?

Comment

Originally posted by gideon View Post
                                  So what are the chances this will be put up on a reverse auction in the next days?
                                  I don't suspect it, as she is in another deal.

Comment

Given that it's already sold out in the EU, I'd say chances are good.

Oh wait, it's NOT sold out in the EU warehouse!

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

I don't suspect it, as she is in another deal.
                                      Is that not true for the Elves and Dwarves which went up yesterday?

Comment

Is that not true for the Elves and Dwarves which went up yesterday?
                                        No because the revers action was for the matching pair. Just my thoughts

Comment

No because the revers action was for the matching pair. Just my thoughts
                                          Thanks for that information. I think for most people its six of one and a half-dozen of the other.

I was speculating since WETA is determined to clean house and go to their new models in selling to the public. I know I would but the piece at perhaps $300 - 350 if it ever got down that low.

Comment

Working...
                                          X