X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post

Here's one; does she have a boyfriend.

Of course she does, who am i kidding.
    Great question. I’m gonna have to hold that one off the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
      I think they said some are ready to ship that will be whats showing in stock yes
      Of this statue? It’s not due to ship until sometime in 2019.

Comment

I am embarrassed to say that when Treebeard was revealed everything else took a back seat last night. Well, not the car back seat but the back of the bus, back seat!

I am really loving this piece!

But I must admit that at first glance I was a bit concerned about her face when looking at her straight on. Maybe it's just the lighting. But after looking at her more, it's not a deal breaker for me.

Now, from the side view it's a terrific likeness.

The base is wonderful and I love how the water is splashing up from Asfaloths front hooves as he rears up out of the river. Her outfit is just wow and the use of the translucent material for the sheer fabric is just brilliant.

Well done Jane and Weta!! I will be adding her to my collection!

Comment

It really is a stunning piece. Jane did a great job sculpting this one and based on her previous items we shouldn’t be surprised. As far as what you mentioned the likeness is very good but that look they used in the photo does give off an odd look. I even think I found it in a couple of my shots.

Comment

Those tricky elves. Hard to capture.
            She looks a bit off straight on, but you can still see Liv Tyler in there. In any other angle, it looks like the real deal.

From what I've seen, I really like the water effects on the base. Not sure if I am sold on the semitranslucent resin on her sleeve, but overall a very nice piece.

Comment

The stuff on the sleeves is really cool. They pulled it off quite nicely.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                The stuff on the sleeves is really cool. They pulled it off quite nicely.
                Not just the sleeves, but the dynamism of the two flowing trails from the coat's cinch is magnificent. That combined with the underskirts coursing in the wind is utterly sublime.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post

Not just the sleeves, but the dynamism of the two flowing trails from the coat's cinch is magnificent. That combined with the underskirts coursing in the wind is utterly sublime.
                  Absolutely the new things they’re trying really is pushing these pieces to whole new levels.

Comment

Absolutely the new things they’re trying really is pushing these pieces to whole new levels.
                    Hear, hear!

Comment

Elessar Since you've actually seen her in the flesh is it like Thranduil and she's just super difficut to capture on film? Or is her face really like what we see in the pictures? Thanks!

Comment

No good Arwen has ever been made, even this one is not quite right.
                        From the side it is reasonable, for the rest an excellent statue.
                        But I am going to purchase these. It is a must have.
                        First wait for ÉOMER ON FIREFOOT

Comment

From what I can see, it looks like harsh shadows aren't really a friend for this sculpt. And that one photo has some really harsh shadows going on on one side of her face. In pictures or video's without those shadows, she looks great.

Comment

Pre-ordered. Didn't want to take the risk of waiting untill September. My gut is telling me it will sell out before then.

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                              Elessar Since you've actually seen her in the flesh is it like Thranduil and she's just super difficut to capture on film? Or is her face really like what we see in the pictures? Thanks!
                              I think likeness wise she’s fine. I think she could be a hard target to capture on film. Having her in one of these cases here makes it a little difficult to get the same angles I’d get at home. Like I said likeness wise I think she’s very well done.

Comment

I think likeness wise she’s fine. I think she could be a hard target to capture on film. Having her in one of these cases here makes it a little difficult to get the same angles I’d get at home. Like I said likeness wise I think she’s very well done.
                                Do you happen to know how heavy she is? I know the dimensions, but the weight was never mentioned iirc.

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

Do you happen to know how heavy she is? I know the dimensions, but the weight was never mentioned iirc.
                                  I don’t. I’d venture to guess around the same as Eomer and the Mouth.
                                  Last edited by Elessar; 21 July 2018, 07:59.

Comment

Elessar Thanks! Hope you aren't too swamped with people demanding things of you

Comment

Originally posted by Vicksken View Post
                                      Elessar Thanks! Hope you aren't too swamped with people demanding things of you
                                      No problem. . Not at all. Been pretty easy to answer questions and get answers if I don’t know.

Comment

Strange feeling from this statue !

I was dreaming of this one. I remember that I posted exactly this picture few months (years ?) ago and said that I really wished this statue.

However, I'm not really convinced with the outcome and more precisely with arwen's face. This likeness seems to be off so I would appreciate other pictures from the SDCC to judge it.

Well, it's gonna be hard to pass, maybe it will depend of treebeard statue

Comment

ArFroFoloth

Comment

Working...
                                          X