Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Im still on the fence
    so ill be interested whats your dislike on this gideon is it the faces of both
    or something else

    Comment


      Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
      Im still on the fence
      so ill be interested whats your dislike on this gideon is it the faces of both
      or something else
      I think we'll find gideon was jesting in truth so as to cleverly inveigle his way into acquiring a statue by 'saving' the actual owner from the 'horror' of opening it. What kind chaps we have here, really selfless fellows.

      Comment


        sarcasmeter here showed high...

        Comment


          Originally posted by Earl.Haig View Post

          I think we'll find gideon was jesting in truth so as to cleverly inveigle his way into acquiring a statue by 'saving' the actual owner from the 'horror' of opening it. What kind chaps we have here, really selfless fellows.
          Earl - boy oh boy but you saw right through my rather shallow ruse. I happen to love this piece and while I have not yet pulled the trigger on it, I am more and more tempted every day by the pics and reports.

          This was just be trying to inject a little humor into the day.

          Comment


            Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
            Im still on the fence
            so ill be interested whats your dislike on this gideon is it the faces of both
            or something else
            C'mon man, you're from the UK, we should know sarcasm when we see it!

            Comment


              Originally posted by gideon View Post

              Terrific.

              I unboxed it and took it out and WOW was I shocked!!!!!

              This is easily the absolute worst statue in the entire LOTR/HOBBIT series bar none. Nothing compares to how bad this is.

              Tell you what I will do for you my friend. I will give you $300 for it no questions asked just so you can avoid the heartache I experienced when I unboxed it. I believe that strongly in your work Josh and do not want to see your enthusiasm for this line harmed by one really bad piece.

              How about it?
              Sure. Sounds like a solid deal to me.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Warofoz View Post

                And as bad as I want it my wife wants it more!
                I must say, I'm struggling with this concept as I have never experienced it in my life.

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                  Sure. Sounds like a solid deal to me.
                  WOW!!!!! And I was prepared to go as high as $327.89!!!!!!!!



                  Cool!!!!!!!!

                  btw- I look forward to your review. In the past it has been your reviews that have helped me decide to buy or not to by certain items. It was your review of Dol Guldur that pushed me to buy it and I love that set.

                  I have not yet purchased Arwen..... I have blown this years budget on Treebeard ..... and was hoping for something like Bilbo at his Desk or Thranduil on his Throne to really tempt me. So the money is tight right now and I did not order Arwen yet.
                  Last edited by gideon; 21st February 2019, 03:48.

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by gideon View Post

                    WOW!!!!! And I was prepared to go as high as $327.89!!!!!!!!



                    Cool!!!!!!!!

                    btw- I look forward to your review. In the past it has been your reviews that have helped me decide to buy or not to by certain items. It was your review of Dod guldur that pushed me to buy it and I love that set.

                    I have not yet purchased Arwen..... I have blown this years budget on Treebeard ..... and was hoping for something like Bilbo at his Desk or Thranduil on his Throne to really tempt me. So the money is tight right now and I did not order Arwen yet.
                    Call it a flaming discount.

                    Thank you. I very much appreciate the kind words, support, and trust so many of you place in me in these reviews. I’m looking forward to reviewing this one because of how beautiful the proto was at Comic-Con. I’m eager to see the production version and what I like or don’t about that.

                    That’s a hell of an impressive piece to use the budget on.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                      Call it a flaming discount.

                      Thank you. I very much appreciate the kind words, support, and trust so many of you place in me in these reviews. I’m looking forward to reviewing this one because of how beautiful the proto was at Comic-Con. I’m eager to see the production version and what I like or don’t about that.

                      That’s a hell of an impressive piece to use the budget on.
                      I find myself in the same place that lots of us long time collectors find themselves.

                      First, I have a ton of stuff - it fills a room that measures thirty by thirty and that does not count the boxes and boxes and boxes of undisplayed stuff like the Armies of Middle Earth toys that I have a complete set of or far too many posters to display. So when a new version comes out of some character I already have, it has to really be something special.

                      Second, having gotten in on the ground floor with SS over a decade and a half ago, the prices today are always a bit of a shock to the system no matter what I tell myself about quality increasing and lesser edition numbers. There comes a point where you just ask yourself if you should spend the 600 for a new washing machine that you need or another statue that joins a hundred others?

                      Third, I am simply running out of space to display anything these days. I will NOT take over parts of the house and violate my agreement with my wife. So its either in my large finished basement or it stays in the box and it seems silly to keep something as gorgeous as Arwen on Asfolath in a box and not properly display it.

                      I just saw a guy who has a large locker filled with iron SS boxes and wants to see his collection on eBay. He is proud that they have never been opened. To me, that is like being married to a playboy centerfold but never being intimate with her. It just does not make sense.
                      Last edited by gideon; 21st February 2019, 05:04.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by gideon View Post

                        I find myself in the same place that lots of us long time collectors find themselves.

                        First, I have a tone of stuff - it fills a room that measures thirty by thirty and that does not count the boxes and boxes and boxes of undisplayed stuff like the Armies of Middle Earth toys that I have a complete set of or far too many posters to display. So when a new version comes out of some character I already have, it has to really be something special.

                        Second, having gotten in on the ground floor with SS over a decade and a half ago, the prices today are always a bit of a shock to the system no matter what I tell myself about quality increasing and lesser edition numbers. There comes a point where you just ask yourself if you should spend the 600 for a new washing machine that you need or another statue that joins a hundred others?

                        Third, I am simply running out of space to display anything these days. I will NOT take over parts of the house and violate my agreement with my wife. So its either in my large finished basement or it stays in the box and it seems silly to keep something as gorgeous as Arwen on Asfolath in a box and not properly display it.

                        I just saw a guy who has a large locker filled with iron SS boxes and wants to see his collection on eBay. He is proud that they have never been opened. To me, that is like being married to a playboy centerfold but never being intimate with her. It just does not make sense.
                        I agree 100%. I’ve got to get some stuff sold. I am absolutely out of room. Heck poor Gamling hasn’t even gotten out of the box because I have no place to put him. I always hate selling stuff but you have to prioritize things sometimes, and we’re talking about moving closer to my nephew so it will help in that regard.

                        Comment


                          I hate selling stuff too, like I am now so I can pay for Treebeard. I wish I could afford and have the space for everything. Prioritising is they key. I have in my mind a list of statues I want and I'm trying to stick to that and not get distracted by whatever surprises Weta put out. But Treebeard was still a surprise

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                            I hate selling stuff too, like I am now so I can pay for Treebeard. I wish I could afford and have the space for everything. Prioritising is they key. I have in my mind a list of statues I want and I'm trying to stick to that and not get distracted by whatever surprises Weta put out. But Treebeard was still a surprise
                            I hear ya. Trying to stick to a list of things but I also admit that is very hard and something I fail at sometimes.

                            Comment


                              My list is - Denethor, Gondor soldier, new Aragorn, old Bilbo at writing desk, Witch King vs Frodo, new Sam, Minas Morgul, doors of Durin.

                              At least it is today

                              ArFroFaloth is a maybe on that list! I guess a mounted Theoden would be cool..... oh no, here I go again!

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post
                                My list is - Denethor, Gondor soldier, new Aragorn, old Bilbo at writing desk, Witch King vs Frodo, new Sam, Minas Morgul, doors of Durin.

                                At least it is today

                                ArFroFaloth is a maybe on that list! I guess a mounted Theoden would be cool..... oh no, here I go again!
                                Those would all be on my list as well.

                                Comment


                                  Come on Arwen ride faster! I want you in my collection!

                                  I think I might do a video of her when she finally crosses the ford and gets here.
                                  "I aim to misbehave." Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

                                  Comment


                                    LOL, my friends, say what you must to try and talk yourselves into cutting back, we all know that will all go out the window when that next mind-blowing piece gets revealed. This is not a Polyholics anonymous forum where we all pitch in to get you off the stone, this the Weta addicts forum where we are always enabling you to buy that next hit of polyheroin.

                                    Comment


                                      Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                      LOL, my friends, say what you must to try and talk yourselves into cutting back, we all know that will all go out the window when that next mind-blowing piece gets revealed. This is not a Polyholics anonymous forum where we all pitch in to get you off the stone, this the Weta addicts forum where we are always enabling you to buy that next hit of polyheroin.
                                      True story

                                      Comment


                                        Mine has just shipped today.

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                          LOL, my friends, say what you must to try and talk yourselves into cutting back, we all know that will all go out the window when that next mind-blowing piece gets revealed. This is not a Polyholics anonymous forum where we all pitch in to get you off the stone, this the Weta addicts forum where we are always enabling you to buy that next hit of polyheroin.
                                          It's not that hard really. I cancelled my credit card years back and don't have the funds to buy anything on a whim.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X