Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who already get her, do you think she worth the price ?

I am really hype for her but I'm a bit worry before getting her in hands.
    Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Originally posted by Enelyë View Post

Yes, no doubt about it. It’s a lot of money and I’d never spent so much on another statue, but she set the standards.

Comment

Originally posted by Enelyë View Post

Depends on how you look at it. I know I wanted this scene for a long time, and when it was finally made I had to buy it. My collectors heart tells me it is right. However, when looking at it rationally, I think this is way too expensive. For this money you can buy a new washing machine or something. I know I will have to think hard for my next buy, because statues of this price are not good for the budget.

Comment

Wait, how do some people already have her? I feel like I preordered the second the link went up and don’t have a tracking link yet... I’m in New York...

Comment

Originally posted by undomiel View Post
            Wait, how do some people already have her? I feel like I preordered the second the link went up and don’t have a tracking link yet... I’m in New York...
            It has started shipping from the EU warehouse, not the US or NZ yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post

It has started shipping from the EU warehouse, not the US or NZ yet.
              Ah, okay. Thanks for the info!

Comment

Utterly impressive. A truly gorgeous piece. Thanks for all the great pics.

I have not yet purchased this but my resolve is melting a bit after seeing this.

Comment

It's really tricky to judge the likeness well because of the new resin material, it would be great if someone would be able to take some photos while using downlights from above the face. Even a torch would work ok!

The shadows and light would reveal the sculpt better I think.

I have to be honest, I'm actually quite tempted by this statue, even though I have Glorfindel issues. And regardless of whether the facial likeness is ok, it's stunningly beautiful.

(although my wife says Arwen has big hairy feet, no matter how many times I say "They're Frodo's feet!" )

Glorfindel (and other storyline additions or modifications) aside, I loved Liv in the movie and was really impressed not only by her performance but also her ability to modify her US accent to British! Arwen was the perfect role for her, I felt the movie was better for her being in it

Comment

I just received my shipping notice! That usually means it will arrive next Tuesday.

Comment

Mine has shipped.

Comment

Great news!

Comment

Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post
                          Great news!
                          Indeed. Very curious to see it in person and be able to make some real hands on calculations of how I think it came out.

Comment

Originally posted by Elessar View Post
                            Mine has shipped.
                            I looking forward to your review. You always point out the great, the good and also the bad of each piece and I appreciate your honest opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post

I looking forward to your review. You always point out the great, the good and also the bad of each piece and I appreciate your honest opinions.
                              Ah you all always know how to make a guy feel good. Thank you Love you all for that. I'm excited to review it and a few things I'm back up on. If the weather would just play nice a little bit that would be helpful. I can promise you all one thing is that you all will ALWAYS gets my honest thoughts on a piece when I review it.

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
                                It's really tricky to judge the likeness well because of the new resin material, it would be great if someone would be able to take some photos while using downlights from above the face. Even a torch would work ok!
                                These okay for you Valar?.

Sorry for the poor quality pics.

Comment

Great pics Bill. It looks great. I hope I get to see it this week. The horses neck looks so very real.....

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                    Great pics Bill. It looks great. I hope I get to see it this week. The horses neck looks so very real.....
                                    I don't know horses well enough to differentiate between the different breeds and if this accurate to the one playing Asfaloth, but this sculpt is beautiful nonetheless. The only thing I am not entirely happy with is Arwen's face. But I know from Thranduil that they tend to look a lot better in person.

Are you going to visit someone who've got it, Idril? You never ordered it for yourself, did you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ringer View Post
                                      When I came out of this statue I was undecided whether to buy her or the old Arwen Sideshow Weta, but now that I see the photos in the meantime I will try to bring her home and then eventually the old Arwen.
                                      Congratulations bill59 and thank you for sharing the photos !!!
                                      Good luck Ringer! I would highly recommend the original SSW Arwen, she is not only true to the books, but is a relative bargain for some reason, and the likeness is really very good

Originally posted by bill59 View Post

These okay for you Valar?.

Great shots Bill! Thank you so much

Beautiful statue

I own 2 Arwen statues already, the original SSW and the SS exclusive maquette. I'd never sell the original SSW, and no room for 3 Arwens, so if I possibly went for the new AaFoA statue I'd likely have to sell the SS maquette, which is a really stunning statue too.

Hmmmmmmm... I'll keep thinking about this one, it's not low stock yet!

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post

Great shots Bill! Thank you so much

Beautiful statue

I own 2 Arwen statues already, the original SSW and the SS exclusive maquette. I'd never sell the original SSW, and no room for 3 Arwens, so if I possibly went for the new AaFoA statue I'd likely have to sell the SS maquette, which is a really stunning statue too.

Hmmmmmmm... I'll keep thinking about this one, it's not low stock yet!

It's a pleasure Valar. No problem at all. I still think AaFoA is well worth having. But to each their own. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

Comment

Is that your picture, Valar? It's amazing how angles and lighting plays a part with how good a likeness is

Comment

Working...
                                          X