Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    I guess I always looks at the weapons. I noticed it because I particularly wanted to admire the Hadhafang scabbard. Still, it must be Arwen’s Knife (or Elrond’s I guess). I’ve not seen this anywhere else. Time to do some research I think

    Comment


      Originally posted by Gwindor View Post
      I don't want to add fuel to the fire but am I just imagining that the clay sculpt has a slightly less elongated (IMO better) face than the released statue?
      Of course it could be the slighly different angle the pictures are taken at...

      Arwen face.jpg
      I wonder if there was any stretching in the mold when this pieces was done. Sometimes you get that when pieces are put into production. Could be a case if the face is any different.

      Comment


        Originally posted by Idril View Post
        I guess I always looks at the weapons. I noticed it because I particularly wanted to admire the Hadhafang scabbard. Still, it must be Arwen’s Knife (or Elrond’s I guess). I’ve not seen this anywhere else. Time to do some research I think
        Kit posted this awhile ago. I'm not sure who's it is, but it does match Hadafang though.


        https://www.instagram.com/n2darkness/

        Comment


          I also noticed the matching knife in the saddle but I'm sure I've seen it somewhere before so I assumed it was "known". Can't remember where I've seen it though... Not the Kit Rae picture, perhaps in one of the Hobbit Chronicles books...?

          Comment


            Originally posted by N2Darkness View Post

            Kit posted this awhile ago. I'm not sure who's it is, but it does match Hadafang though.

            I wish UC would make it and Wormtongue's dagger as well.

            Comment


              Arwen looks more like Liv more recently than 20 years ago.

              beauty-2014-06-liv-tyler-smoky-eyes-main.jpg


              Re-watching Today I noticed during the spell she made some weird looks



              Although I believe likeness could be better I see Liv in the statue, specially from the sides. I hope to get her.

              Comment


                The statue is incredible, very good paint app on these pictures, the only weakness is the HS, as almost all Weta's figures.They are at the top concerning details, proportions, creativity, but the HS is always a little weak. They need to hire some Hot Toys sculpters , they are by far the best in likeness!
                But I can't wait to receiving this one very soon!

                Comment


                  Originally posted by wargrider View Post
                  The statue is incredible, very good paint app on these pictures, the only weakness is the HS, as almost all Weta's figures.They are at the top concerning details, proportions, creativity, but the HS is always a little weak. They need to hire some Hot Toys sculpters , they are by far the best in likeness!
                  But I can't wait to receiving this one very soon!
                  HT have problem with women's HS too (and their fishy face), except maybe Hela .
                  Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

                  Comment


                    I made a video of the statue. Not a pro video review like Elessar often does, but it may inspire some people who are on the fence about getting this statue. Shot with my new iPhone XR

                    Last edited by Alwayshappy; 12th February 2019, 02:02.

                    Comment


                      Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post
                      I made a video of the statue. Not a pro video review like Elessar often does, but it may inspire some people who are on the fence about getting this statue. Shot with my new iPhone XR

                      Very nice video. Does a great job of showing things off.

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                        Very nice video. Does a great job of showing things off.
                        Thank you! Just edited the clip, the first time I uploaded the clip it could only be viewed in 1080p, while I shot with 4k. Now it's watchable in 4k.

                        Comment


                          Thanks for the vid!

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

                            Thank you! Just edited the clip, the first time I uploaded the clip it could only be viewed in 1080p, while I shot with 4k. Now it's watchable in 4k.
                            No problem. Uploading to the highest quality can take a few mins with YT for some reason. If you're using an older computer like I am you may not be able to process the 4k video. It's one of the reasons I'm going to be trying to get a new Mac before I start reviewing again in the spring.

                            Comment


                              Originally posted by Elessar View Post

                              No problem. Uploading to the highest quality can take a few mins with YT for some reason. If you're using an older computer like I am you may not be able to process the 4k video. It's one of the reasons I'm going to be trying to get a new Mac before I start reviewing again in the spring.
                              I just used my phone to upload it to Youtube, but the upload was set on 1080p, I just had to change it to 4k. Then it worked without any issues. Didn't edit the video though, otherwise I would have used my MacBook. 4k upload took 2 minutes with my phone; the latest iPhones are incredible fast (my old one was a 7).

                              Sorry for the off-topic talk :P

                              Comment


                                Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post

                                I just used my phone to upload it to Youtube, but the upload was set on 1080p, I just had to change it to 4k. Then it worked without any issues. Didn't edit the video though, otherwise I would have used my MacBook. 4k upload took 2 minutes with my phone; the latest iPhones are incredible fast (my old one was a 7).

                                Sorry for the off-topic talk :P
                                I've thought about doing that sometimes for like update stuff. Just never get around to it. Yes they are. They're all I use to make all my reviews and Con videos.

                                Comment


                                  Thanks to all for the great photos (and video! ) posted on the last couple of pages.

                                  Now I really can't wait to receive mine!


                                  Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                  Did anyone notice the knife in the saddle. Have we seen this knife anywhere else?
                                  I noticed it when the first batch of in-hand pics were posted here. I was looking for Hadhafang's scabbard and then noticed the additional smaller blade. Very intriguing. I'm loving the details on this piece.

                                  'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

                                  Comment


                                    Talk about teaser! Now I need the next video to cover the other side where the scabbard is, as well as the tail, and the back of her hair . . .etc.
                                    Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

                                    Comment


                                      Well with weta plugging with every email message they send i just hope she doesnt sell out soon
                                      is eneyone thinking of enhancing the statue by repainting parts of it

                                      Comment


                                        Originally posted by Star wars vs lotr View Post
                                        Well with weta plugging with every email message they send i just hope she doesnt sell out soon
                                        is eneyone thinking of enhancing the statue by repainting parts of it
                                        Noticed that too, she is in every e-mail.
                                        For me she is almost perfect, but I can see why some people want to repaint / adjust a bit. I leave her as she is, also because my painting skills don't go further than painting a wall...

                                        Comment


                                          Originally posted by Radagaster View Post
                                          Talk about teaser! Now I need the next video to cover the other side where the scabbard is, as well as the tail, and the back of her hair . . .etc.
                                          I've tried the best I could. Was hassle enough to put her on top of that showcase, so my angles were somewhat limited. Sorry it wasn't enough.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X