Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth 1/6 statue.

It's a fantastic pieces and well worth having IMHO. I only wish the Arwen likeness was better.

Comment

WoW great pics bill,Congrats
      Her face looks beautiful thank you for the close up pics!

Comment

Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

Comment

Nice pics

Comment

When I came out of this statue I was undecided whether to buy her or the old Arwen Sideshow Weta, but now that I see the photos in the meantime I will try to bring her home and then eventually the old Arwen.
            Congratulations bill59 and thank you for sharing the photos !!!

Comment

Very nice shots everyone. Such a good looking piece. It looks like everything came out very nicely with her and I’m excited to get mine whenever they start shipping here.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
                Am I the only one who likes Eomer the best from the 3 rider statues? Arwen comes second, great pics btw Francho Very comfy corner looks lovely
                I also like Eomer the best. I will always favor anything Rohirrim, and truly hope Weta will make a Theoden on Snowmane piece.
                "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
                ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

Lol Bill is so good a photographer he can make a $2 lump of coal look like a $200 space heater...that's a compliment in case anyone doesn't get it...some touch ups blush paint wise would help in that likeness Bill...grats....taking a much closer look at Bill's close ups...lips do need clean touch up plus inside her mouth(looks like she's gonna hack some mucus) ....I would touch up her and frodo's hair line too...your fantastic close up shots reveal a lot....man I still wish I could take photos like you...resin is a great material but that translucence must go...does not help enhance the sculpt...again I bring up Isildur's detailed face paint job which came out fantastic...why can't these other pale faces be done in similar fashion
                  Last edited by Adolfo; 11th February 2019, 07:10.

Comment

Fantastic pics there bill i really wants this precious i just carnt till i get a beard
                    can eneyone impose a pic of jane next to arwens head she is def in there i still have a issue with frodo skin and arwens hair just doesnt seem to flow together still love it
                    so is everyone who has it in hand happy with the paint job

all the riders are special because of the work and level of detail that goes into them you carnt help but love them we all forget the ones gone by like azog dain aragorn even gothmog all fantastic has there been a best rider of all time poll might be fun

Comment

Five more freaking days until I can preorder this and start making monthly payments...

Comment

Thanks for all the nice comments about my pics. I only shot what is in front of me. Sorry to cause such controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post
                          Thanks for all the nice comments about my pics. I only shot what is in front of me. Sorry to cause such controversy.
                          No controversy, only truths from your phenomenal photos

Comment

To be honest, I don't think there are many paint job done out there that could stand up to such close up scrutiny.

Yes the paint job does have its flaws but nothing so bad that they would be very noticeable to the naked eye.

For me, it is the lack of the overall Arwen likeness that lets this, otherwise fantastic, piece down.
                            Last edited by bill59; 11th February 2019, 10:01.

Comment

Originally posted by bill59 View Post
                              To be honest, I don't think there are many paint job done out there that could stand up to such close up scrutiny.
                              Arwen should not try to put lipstick while on a mount...God forbid I talk about what looks like what's in Arwens mouth...as Forrest Gump says..."that's all I got to say about that" ;)

Comment

Originally posted by Adolfo View Post

Arwen should not try to put lipstick while on a mount...God forbid I talk about what looks like what's in Arwens mouth...as Forrest Gump says..."that's all I got to say about that" ;)

I think this might of been the look they were going for.

Comment

I don't want to add fuel to the fire but am I just imagining that the clay sculpt has a slightly less elongated (IMO better) face than the released statue?
                                  Of course it could be the slighly different angle the pictures are taken at...

Arwen face.jpg

Comment

Yes, I thought that myself.

Comment

Thanks Bill. Great pics. It does look amazing.

Did anyone notice the knife in the saddle. Have we seen this knife anywhere else?
                                      Last edited by Idril; 11th February 2019, 10:46.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                                        Did anyone notice the knife in the saddle. Have we seen this knife anywhere else?
                                        Pretty sure I missed that when I saw it at Comic-Con. Good catch.

Comment

Outstanding pictures bill59 . Your close ups are so magnificent.
                                          Arwen's face definitely looks 'shorter' in the clay form, as you stated, I too like it much better.
                                          Good eye Idril , seeing the knife in the saddle like that.

Comment

Working...
                                          X