Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth - 1:6 scale statue

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    Some proper facial shading would definitively improve the great sculpt ....like Isildur was

    Comment


      Thanks for the photos all. Didn’t realize she was shipping. Guess I need to get ready for that and hopefully as the weather here gets better back to taking some photos. As far as what we can see overall she looks cool. I don’t feel things look much different than they did at Comic-Con.

      Comment


        Great pics DarkShadow Thank you!

        Sorry to hear about the damage. The statue looks really good on display though.


        Originally posted by Adolfo View Post
        Some proper facial shading would definitively improve the great sculpt ....like Isildur was
        I would love to see a small guide or a tutorial on how you do this. I'm sure some folks would be willing to try their hand at it if it improves the likeness of an already good sculpt.
        Last edited by DD; 8th February 2019, 21:40.

        'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

        Comment


          I’m not a big fan of the faces just like Thranduil on Elk but it’s just me

          Comment


            I am still waiting for mine to ship, I guess this will look great against all of my lotr riders. I also have decided to sell my only hobbit piece Thranduil on elk as the face looks awful, this looks way better much like the older Gandalf on shadowfax statue.

            I will stick with the lotr movie and collect the main characters good guys only. Who knows we might get some riders as a master series in the near future, which will be more enticing for most of us.

            Comment


              Just unwrapped mine. Already too dark to make proper pics, but will do that tomorrow

              It arrived without any damage thankfully. Always scared for that when opening a statue. This one will be hell to pack up again when we move

              God, it looks gorgeous. Highlight of our collection. Without any doubt. The likeness on both Frodo and Arwen is insane. The horse is my favorite part actually, it looks amazeballs My very first rider, so it's a special one.

              Thanks to my hubby helping me unpack, I'm terrible with stuff like that, always scared to break something.

              Comment


                Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post
                Thanks to my hubby helping me unpack, I'm terrible with stuff like that, always scared to break something.
                The shaking hands which comes with old age is a terrible thing

                Comment


                  Originally posted by Marty80 View Post
                  Who knows we might get some riders as a master series in the near future, which will be more enticing for most of us.
                  Speak for yourself Mr. Moneybags!

                  Comment


                    Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

                    Speak for yourself Mr. Moneybags!
                    I can't afford food for the next six months because of the nRWoS
                    I would have to dive into the black market for organs if I ever should be able to afford a MC

                    Comment


                      Arwens giving myself the same dilema if this went to last few soon im snookered

                      Comment


                        Originally posted by Alwayshappy View Post
                        Just unwrapped mine. Already too dark to make proper pics, but will do that tomorrow

                        It arrived without any damage thankfully. Always scared for that when opening a statue. This one will be hell to pack up again when we move

                        God, it looks gorgeous. Highlight of our collection. Without any doubt. The likeness on both Frodo and Arwen is insane. The horse is my favorite part actually, it looks amazeballs My very first rider, so it's a special one.

                        Thanks to my hubby helping me unpack, I'm terrible with stuff like that, always scared to break something.
                        Very nice! I’m heartened to read you like it so much.

                        Comment


                          Sounds wonderful Alwayshappy . So glad you are over the moon with this statue and that it arrived in perfect condition.
                          Very kind of your hubby to help out. Not sure it's so much 'old age' as it is the euphoric high a poly addict gets when the box is opened and the fresh smell of poly hits them.
                          Hope this will pick up you spirits a bit.

                          Comment


                            Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
                            Sounds wonderful Alwayshappy . So glad you are over the moon with this statue and that it arrived in perfect condition.
                            Very kind of your hubby to help out. Not sure it's so much 'old age' as it is the euphoric high a poly addict gets when the box is opened and the fresh smell of poly hits them.
                            Hope this will pick up you spirits a bit.
                            Haha, this exactly. It’s new and I just don’t want to damage something. Only 28 years old, so old age isn’t an issue

                            And yeah, the statue arriving in pristine shape definately improved my spirits, she’s awesome!

                            Comment


                              Good night from Spain.
                              here is another who has already received Arwen.
                              the truth is that I am very happy with the figure but that does not mean I have to put some other hits.
                              from my point of view, seeing the profile is Arwen completely, but if we see her in front, we can not say the same.
                              The subject of the horse's hold on the base seems very bad to me, I think that they should have done something similar to Gandalf in shadowfax. for those who have not received it yet the figure has no bolts, just below the hoof come two stumps which are to be put into the base and then put the tail to the horse a little more of its management to support the in one of the stones that brings a small grimace.
                              all this makes if you push down the left hoof of the horse has a tad of swinging. and since the tail is not really joined to the stone and the tail to the horse, it also has a little rocking forward.
                              removing this glue that I put the rest of the figure seems to me in general very good and one that should not be missing.
                              My English is very bad so I used a translator I hope you understand me well.

                              Comment


                                Francho I think I got the meaning ! The sufficiently amount of stability is a bit stressful for me but I'll wait for having her in hands.

                                What I saw on pics is she looks like the prototype, that all i'm asking for
                                Deep within the rock, they buried him. In a tomb so dark, it would never come to light

                                Comment


                                  I think its the hair eye brows and the pail skin that lets her face down although its looks ok it could be better to nail it

                                  Comment


                                    I could be wrong, but from the front view, that Arwen does look a bit like her sculptor Jane Wenley!
                                    Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

                                    Comment


                                      I think what Francho is stating is yes her face is good from side, not perfect from front, but what concerns him more is the instability of the horse on the base. That it is not the metal pins that are used but 'u' shaped poly, that fits down I to the 'hole', by each hoof. The tail, which is not attached to either horse or base helps to stablize it all. With out this being attached to anything, how much stabilization can it really give?
                                      Even with this stability 'problem', he is glad it is part of his collection.

                                      Hope I am fairly correct.
                                      I can see this creating a bit of a concern especially in areas that have earthquakes, tremors and the likes.

                                      I wonder if Weta 'feels' that this larger 'resting surface' will decrease the problem of stress cracks that have occurred in the legs of some of the old steed pieces that basically just had the pins to hold them up?

                                      Love to hear what those that have both old and new steed pieces feel about this change.

                                      Comment


                                        All my riders seem more stable than folks like Sauron or elf and dwarves in battle. I would rather move than seeing TB shaking!

                                        Comment


                                          sgjFAzC.jpgnkxoTmw.jpgA1XD3xe.jpgTiNzyhq.jpg

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X