SDCC Exclusive: Gandalf the Gold

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCC Exclusive: Gandalf the Gold

For the very few who don't get the newsletter: Weta will be selling a gold version of the Mini Epic Gandalf.

01_EDM64_LAYOUT_05.jpg

It will also be available online but in very limited numbers.

Last edited by Vicksken; 18th July 2018, 21:59.

I wasn’t sure I’d actually buy anything at the show this year. Guess I’ll try for this depending on how long the lines are.

Comment

Don't tell me those mischievous dwarves pulled the same stunt on poor old Gandalf that they pulled on Smaug?!

Comment

Originally posted by Valar View Post
        Don't tell me those mischievous dwarves pulled the same stunt on poor old Gandalf that they pulled on Smaug?!

Comment

What is this new devilry?

Comment

I managed to order one but haven’t heard back from Weta or received any update yet.

I haven’t been collecting any of the mini epics so far, and I’m not entirely sure how I feel about the gold Gandalf, but I decided to order and see it in person. I’d much rather they did a Smaug the Golden instead.

This opens up the possibility of them doing all sorts of dopey things with the mini epics line, and I’m not a fan of diluting the property to the point it becomes ridiculous. If I don’t like it in person, I’ll sell it to someone’s who’ll appreciate it.
            The Hobbit Soundtracks - An online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Comment

Shipping notice received! On the way!!!
              Test

Comment

Golden Gandalf arrived exactly when he meant to.

Comment

Looks great, can't wait to receive mine in a week or so.

Comment

I received mine yesterday and I like him a lot.

Comment

I think he looks terrible. But I have never been one for the big bling.
                      Glad to hear those who receive it enjoy Gandalf the Golden

Comment

I'm not a fan of the gold either. I didn't like it when Master Replicas did it with mini lightsabres either.

Still, I'd rather they make something like this a limited edition rather than a 'normal' mini epic.

Comment

In person it looks cool. However, I can assure you it’s super hard to photograph.

Comment

Absolutely with you Stig - mine arrived while Warofoz was over my place. I opened the shipper but didn’t get it out the colored box, then promptly sold it to him

I'm sure it will look great in some peoples collections. I couldn’t see how it would fit in with mine.

I will just buy the normal one now for my desk.

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                              Absolutely with you Stig - mine arrived while Warofoz was over my place. I opened the shipper but didn’t get it out the colored box, then promptly sold it to him

I'm sure it will look great in some peoples collections. I couldn’t see how it would fit in with mine.

I will just buy the normal one now for my desk.
                              I am in your debt Jan! He is amazing! As soon as I got home I did a quick video and put it on my Youtube channel. I also compare it to the normal version. But thank you so much- Im so appreciative!
                              "I aim to misbehave," - Captain Malcolm Reynolds, Serenity

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post
                                I think he looks terrible.

Raisins_Face.jpg
                                Test

Comment

Just curious... when did you guys’ Gandalf ship and how long did it take to arrive? Mine shipped on 23 July via NZ Post’s 10 day untracked shipping. However, I’m just over in Australia and still haven’t received it. I sent a customer support message two days back and haven’t heard from anyone yet either. I’m rather disappointed and at a dead end.
                                  The Hobbit Soundtracks - An online archive of information concerning Howard Shore's score for The Hobbit films.

Comment

Originally posted by Earl View Post
                                    Just curious... when did you guys’ Gandalf ship and how long did it take to arrive? Mine shipped on 23 July via NZ Post’s 10 day untracked shipping. However, I’m just over in Australia and still haven’t received it. I sent a customer support message two days back and haven’t heard from anyone yet either. I’m rather disappointed and at a dead end.
                                    Mine arrived a few days ago and I leave in Greece! I hope it arrives soon Earl

By the way, this is my first Mini Epic and I love it!!

Comment

Thanks Finarfin. Now I’m scared it’s lost I’ll wait to hear back from Weta. This is my first Mini Epic too.

Comment

Here’s a depressing update...

My order which shipped on July 23 has still not been delivered and my Weta support ticket which I lodged on August 9 has still not been responded to despite the automated reply saying that a “customer service agent will review your request and will send you a personal response.(usually within 1 business day)”.

I tried their website’s chat option but it looks like no ones at the other end - I waited for someone to reply to my message for a good 10 mins.

This being my first order direct from Weta I am tremendously disappointed. Plus, it was limited edition Gandalf the Gold!!!

Hopefully it will arrive (though I have little hope now since it’s been way past 10 working days since the shipping date), but either way I will keep this thread updated.

Comment

Working...
                                        X