Minas Morgul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Minas Morgul order was cancelled!

I think it is because the credit card initially used has expired. Weta never reached out to me to update the card and simply cancelled the order!

I'm trying to get a hold of someone there to clear up this mess.

Comment

Oh no, this is horrible FlyAndFight! May those at Weta be able to sort this mess out for you.

Comment

Thank you, Min. I hope so too.

I tried calling but could not get through to speak to a representative. I ended up sending them an email. Hopefully this is cleared up quickly.

What I find truly surprising is that I never received an email explaining any issues with the account or order. I was just perusing the site and checked on the order and found it had been cancelled. Unbelievable.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyAndFight View Post
          Thank you, Min. I hope so too.

I tried calling but could not get through to speak to a representative. I ended up sending them an email. Hopefully this is cleared up quickly.

What I find truly surprising is that I never received an email explaining any issues with the account or order. I was just perusing the site and checked on the order and found it had been cancelled. Unbelievable.
          A payment for one of my BF items on payment plan was declined but I received an email about it directly which said a new attempt would be made the next day and that went through OK. I got the email in my inbox but have you checked you spam mailbox folder? Sometimes "proper" emails can end up there. I hope it gets sorted out!

Comment

Originally posted by Gwindor View Post

A payment for one of my BF items on payment plan was declined but I received an email about it directly which said a new attempt would be made the next day and that went through OK. I got the email in my inbox but have you checked you spam mailbox folder? Sometimes "proper" emails can end up there. I hope it gets sorted out!
            I did a search for Weta Workshop and only received the usual sales emails. Nothing advising of any issues with the order.

Hopefully they can correct the problem quickly.

Comment

I think it is because the credit card initially used has expired. Weta never reached out to me to update the card and simply cancelled the order!

If a payment is decline, you get two new tries. If the third attempt fails, it get cancelled. If you haven't gotten any warning, Weta should decancel your order.

Comment

Originally posted by Stig View Post

If a payment is decline, you get two new tries. If the third attempt fails, it get cancelled. If you haven't gotten any warning, Weta should decancel your order.
                The second attempt is made only a few days after the first, but you should get an email information of the situation before that.
                The third attempt is made almost a month after the first, just before the next payment is due. Here you should again get information a few days before.
                ...at least that's how it worked for me.

/ Best regards Fredrik

Comment

I always thought it was a bad policy from Weta not to inform you that your credit card will be charged on a particular date. Some of these items get ordered months before after all. A nice email with "we'll be charging you for your order on this particular date so make sure everything checks out" would go a long way to avoid situations like this. Good luck FlyAndFight

Comment

Originally posted by Anarion View Post

I always thought it was a bad policy from Weta not to inform you that your credit card will be charged on a particular date. Some of these items get ordered months before after all. A nice email with "we'll be charging you for your order on this particular date so make sure everything checks out" would go a long way to avoid situations like this. Good luck FlyAndFight
                    I agree. This has a big room for improvement. Although, I think I have gotten an email saying something for a couple of thing's I preordered, but far from all.

Comment

I checked my Credit Card statement online and saw that on Februrary 11th, they simply returned two separate payments. (I had the payment plan set up for Minas Morgul) along with foreign transaction fees.

I double-checked my emails and nothing has been received from Weta regarding this issue, with the exception of an auto-reply to my email to them about the cancellation.

Hopefully they are able to resolve this quickly.

Thank you all for your replies! I truly appreciate it.

Comment

I'm in Orlando - if you want mine you can have it

Comment

Originally posted by joogle View Post

I'm in Orlando - if you want mine you can have it
                          Thank you, joogle. I truly appreciate your offer. I'm waiting for the weekend to be over and perhaps hear back from Weta. I had also used my reward points balance to help offset the cost and I didn't see that returned. I'm hopeful that they will correct the situation and get the order back the way it was.

Comment

More slipshod tactics from Weta's backend. So lovely of them to not bother contacting a customer about a declined card. If this is being handled without their participation by virtue of their 3rd-party payment vendor, they should have an obligation to notify Weta so that Weta can then notify the customer. We've automated things so much nowadays and expect computers to have compassion and concern. They don't.

I'm willing to bet not a single human other than FlyAndFight is aware of this issue so far.

Comment

I do have some good news to report. Weta Support replied to my email and advised not to worry and that the statue is still reserved for me. I was billed the next amount due via Paystation. I agree with Valkrist and several others that it should never had gotten to the point of having an order cancelled without notifying the customer.

Comment

I do have some good news to report. Weta Support replied to my email and advised not to worry and that the statue is still reserved for me. I was billed the next amount due via Paystation. I agree with Valkrist and several others that it should never had gotten to the point of having an order cancelled without notifying the customer.
                                Glad to hear it's getting sorted out.

Comment

Great news FlyAndFight ! Thanks for letting us know.

Comment

Yay... the humans win again! Take that, Skynet!

Comment

Thank you, King Elessar and Min!

Originally posted by Valkrist View Post
                                      Yay... the humans win again! Take that, Skynet!

Comment

They should pay for your ulcer pills as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Ithildin View Post
                                          They should pay for your ulcer pills as well.

I ended up just paying the balance as well, even though the statue isn't due for release until May or June. It is now paid for, completely.

My Weta account shows it as "Canceled" still but I'm sure that will be updated within a day or two. (It better!

Comment

Working...
                                          X