Master Swordsmith collection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Adamcarter View Post
    Anybody know if Peter will be doing Anduril?
    Anduril was the first he made back in 2009, an edition of only 10. You can check out the list of all MSSC swords in the "Props, Jewellery & MSSC Swords" tab in the list linked to in this post.

Comment

Excellent pictures. They look great!!!

Comment

rohandetail1.jpg rohandetail2.jpg rohandetail3.jpg rohandetail4.jpg rohandetail5.jpg
        Arise! Arise, riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered - a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Comment

Thanks for these great pics the Doctor, I just can't get enough of looking into all the beautiful details. Simply amazing!

Comment

Originally posted by Levidas View Post
            Thanks for these great pics the Doctor, I just can't get enough of looking into all the beautiful details. Simply amazing!
            You're welcome!
            Arise! Arise, riders of Théoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered - a sword day, a red day, ere the sun rises!

Comment

A real beauty!

Comment

wow. Is this the aged version?

Comment

Wow it looks gorgeous! Really a beautiful piece.

Comment

Congratulations on a stunning piece, the Doctor
                    The combination of the deep red leather and brass coloured details are really pleasing. What kind of finish did you go with on your sword?

Comment

I finally got mine Thursday. This was a satin finish, sharpened with scabbard. I thought initially The Doctor's scabbard was aged but it looks similar to mine. The graining of the leather is beautiful, the smell of the leather even better. I can't help but be afraid it will fall apart. Displaying the scabbard will be a challenge because I desperately want to display like the product page did, sword in place, hanging onto something. Not going to happen.

I will say that Weta could do more to make this a pleasant experience. I don't know why they use the freight service they use. Once the box landed in my city I had to contact a place called Pinpoint Logistics. I had to sign a power of attorney for them to handle the shipment through customs. Really? I had to give my social security number for this? Unreal. I was told the fees would be in the mid 200 range, fine. Then the next day they added a bit more. So I paid Pinpoint a total of 320 dollars and was specifically told all fees were paid.

From here it got maddening. Would it be delivered? Unclear. So I told them I would pick it up. But from where? Pinpoint sent me to a company called Swissport at the airport. Swissport did not respond to a request on Wednesday whether the item was actually ready to be picked up. On Thursday I get confirmation it is ready and head to their office where I am told I now owe storage fees for the day. So another 105 dollars later I finally get my box.

This all on top of paying Weta 1300 dollars for shipping.

Flights to NZ from where I live are currently running 1400 dollars ;)
                      Last edited by cstojano; 16 January 2022, 05:16.

Comment

Congrats cstojano on finally receiving your sword, I'm sure it is glorious. But wow on the shipping story, what a mess.

Comment

What a mess indeed, but I don't think it could have been avoided, with all that's going on
                          Anyway, I'm sure you're pretty happy now! Please, feel free to share any photos and congrats once again on getting such grail
                          cstojano!

Comment

Working...
                          X