• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDCC 2018 Weta

https://www.comic-con.org

So let's get started.

Hopes,dreams and all that.

Hopefully a bit of with a touch of and a pinch of .
    The Red Room
    https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Hopefully more Lord of the Rings and less Hobbit...

Comment

Originally posted by Legolarse View Post
      Hopefully more Lord of the Rings and less Hobbit...
      I'll to that.
      The Red Room
      https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/co...7-the-red-room

Comment

Personally I don't care too much about labeling the collectibles LOTR or Hobbit, it's all Middle-earth and it's all welcome.

What new I expect to see in this SDCC, based on the info passed around in the forum in the last months is:
        • A new Masters Collection statue
        • A big environment, maybe Minas Morgul?
        • Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth
        • Maybe Gil Galad?
        I also hope they finish the Dol Guldur 1:30 dio before then and we get to see the next one.

Comment

Originally posted by finarfin View Post
          Personally I don't care too much about labeling the collectibles LOTR or Hobbit, it's all Middle-earth and it's all welcome.

What new I expect to see in this SDCC, based on the info passed around in the forum in the last months is:
          • A new Masters Collection statue
          • A big environment, maybe Minas Morgul?
          • Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth
          • Maybe Gil Galad?
          I also hope they finish the Dol Guldur 1:30 dio before then and we get to see the next one.
          I agree with this, though I think Gil-Galad might be a normal reveal during the year. I would add something from The Hobbit, like Tauriel riding a Mirkwood spider, or Beorn or goblin king.

What I would like to see is a new Aragorn, the 4 hobbits, Hobbiton mill with bridge, mini Bilbo at writing desk, mini young Bilbo smoking on bench.

Although I hope we don’t see ALL of that this year as I won’t have any money!

Comment

I'm hoping this year's SDCC is much like last years, in which we get to see some "go big or go home" type of products, but most are saved to share with us throughout the year, just like Weta did this year. Helps to keep the collecting bug going on LotR items, instead of looking else where to feed the collecting addition.

I am hoping that Weta will have
            -- new Master Collection piece. It would be out of this world if it were a complete Tree Beard, as in roots to tree top.
            -- I think they will have a rider -- most likely Arwen on Asfaloth, although I would much rather have an Arwen by herself
            -- A large environment, many are hoping for Minas Morgul
            -- Maybe a new line -- I have no idea what it could possibly be -- although thinking about it, many members were asking for suits of armour like what Weta did for Warcraft:
            Armour of King Llane

Only armour for Middle Earth -- 1:4 scale, like the helms are.

It will be interesting to see just what Weta has up their sleeves for this years SDCC.

Comment

I'm super excited about this year in particular as I'll be going!

Comment

I hope to get wowed on vip night.

It is lunchtime Thursday for me and I take the day off work, shut the world out and enjoy what is Christmas for me. As for what I expect - as opposed to what I want.......

a new masters statue - I hope to get it unless it is an Orc

a new big environment - I will get whatever it is as I am an environment collector

a new MSSC sword - Boromir's sword is now sold out so gotta keep Peter Lyon working. I'm hoping for Thranduil sword or Hadhafang.

a new rider statue - I guess it will be Arwen. Not interested in this as I have bookish issues.

I hope there is more but I'll go with above for now

love your idea of the armour Min. I have those Warcraft armour statues and they are GREAT!

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

I agree with this, though I think Gil-Galad might be a normal reveal during the year. I would add something from The Hobbit, like Tauriel riding a Mirkwood spider, or Beorn or goblin king.

What I would like to see is a new Aragorn, the 4 hobbits, Hobbiton mill with bridge, mini Bilbo at writing desk, mini young Bilbo smoking on bench.

I'd sign up for that Tauriel in a heartbeat Don't think we'll see a second Tauriel any time soon tho, which is a shame.

Looking forward to SDCC! Not going to make big predictions, but I have high hopes that we'll get a Frodo with Arwen statue.

Comment

So many great ideas already.
                    Scary, but great

Based on the fact that Eomer on Surfboard didn't get a "proper" announcement, I do wonder what else they can bring that's Bigger.

I guess a new Masterpiece is a good candidate, but I got no idea if Gollum has been sold enough times to make that a good idea business wise.

Therefore I'm going for a Throne piece (I know Thorin wasn't annouced with a lot of fuss either but one can only hope ) Since we just a got a new version of Thranduil and they promised a more affordable version of him at some point, I guess Denethor might be good one. That way it's possible to get the family together Although he might not be an important enough character for such an outing... Which mean they could as well shock the whole world with a Goblin King one

Comment

Originally posted by FrodoEyes View Post

Tauriel riding the spider would be a dream piece!!!

Comment

I'd love to see Denethor on throne!!!

Comment

Like so many have said I expect to see a masters collection piece. I'll be curious on this one simply because Gollum was so unique that it will be hard to top. I also expect to see an environment there for sure (I'm personally hoping for Minas Morgul), a Rider piece (Arwen and Frodo on horse), and something like Denethor on Throne or Elendil.

Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                          I'm super excited about this year in particular as I'll be going!

Comment

A Goblin King piece would be a very welcome surprise. I had the small Minas Morgul statue they made for the ROTK EE so I'm not overly keen on getting that, but it would be cool to see how they portray it given the advancements since then.

Comment

Lothlorien won the Fan poll by a sizable amount and we haven't had a new environment in ages. I bet we see it by the end of the year at the latest.

Comment

More LotR, less Hobbit - i second that.
                                No idea what we might expect or what Weta has up their sleeves. Will they do it again like last year ? Only showing 2-3 big items and stretch the rest over the year ? I hope not ! At least they should show, what they have in store for us. "Pre Order date: unkown" would be ok for me if there were a sign next to a few statues. But at least we know what is coming our way and can start saving up for those.

As for what i´m hoping Weta will show:

- West Entrance of Moria Environment
                                - West Entrance of Moria Art Print
                                - Pippin in hobbit clothes
                                - Elendil statue

Comment

Originally posted by MaxGoof View Post
                                  Lothlorien won the Fan poll by a sizable amount and we haven't had a new environment in ages. I bet we see it by the end of the year at the latest.
                                  Yeah Lothlorien has been a popular subject ever since that very first poll on the Shadow & Flame. I imagine it's a very difficult environment to design and produce but boy I would love to click the pre-order button for that one!

Originally posted by Beorninger View Post
                                  More LotR, less Hobbit - i second that.
                                  No idea what we might expect or what Weta has up their sleeves. Will they do it again like last year ? Only showing 2-3 big items and stretch the rest over the year ? I hope not ! At least they should show, what they have in store for us. "Pre Order date: unkown" would be ok for me if there were a sign next to a few statues. But at least we know what is coming our way and can start saving up for those.

As for what i´m hoping Weta will show:

- West Entrance of Moria Environment
                                  - West Entrance of Moria Art Print
                                  - Pippin in hobbit clothes
                                  - Elendil statue

Great list Beorninger. I would love to see anything Moria related (environment, art print, 1:30 diorama ). And a new 1/6 statue of any member of the Fellowship is most welcome. I think Frodo or Pippin deserve the top-spots on the Fellowship Gen. 2 short-list.

I'm sure we'll see a new Prologue statue this year but perhaps Weta won't use SDCC for that reveal. Isildur was a 'newsletter reveal' wasn't it?

A new rider statue seems like a sure thing based on last year's Con. I'm very excited for Arwen and Frodo on Asfaloth. It's a definite order for me.

'A Balrog. A demon of the ancient world.'

Comment

The miniature hat of Gandalf the Grey that was released recently is approx 1/3 scale and I have a feeling that it was made for a Master Collection Gandalf statue that will be revealed at SDCC.

Comment

They will have a lot of GKR: HEAVY HITTERS Board Game stuff. As well as some nice Warcraft statues.

Comment

Beorn 1:6 scale, Denethor on Trone 1:6 scale and Minas Morgul enviroment, I would be very happy,. I hope that Beorn is already a priority character to perform for Weta.

Comment

Working...
                                        X