Indy's Guthwine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-ordered! Been waiting a long time for this!

Comment

• We have moved an number of posts that we feel are better suited in a thread of their own, you will find them here: https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/cr...an-created-art

Any posts that continue to debate/discuss the validity and legality of Fan Created Items posted in this thread, instead of the correct thread, will either be moved or deleted, and PM's sent to those having problems understanding what is expected of them.
      Last edited by Minuialwen; 21st January 2019, 15:52. Reason: Changed 'Fan Art' to Fan created items

Comment

• Originally posted by Minuialwen View Post
        We have moved an number of posts that we feel are better suited in a thread of their own, you will find them here: https://www.flameofudun.net/forum/cr...an-created-art

Any posts that continue to debate/discuss the validity and legality of Fan Art posted in this thread, instead of the correct thread, will either be moved or deleted, and PM's sent to those having problems understanding what is expected of them.
        Thank heavens for that.

I can see valid points on both sides. However, the debate felt very toxic to me .

I for one can't wait for my Guthwine to arrive.

Comment

• Originally posted by bill59 View Post

Thank heavens for that.

I can see valid points on both sides. However, the debate felt very toxic to me .

I for one can't wait for my Guthwine to arrive.
          You and me both Bill! Hopefully this sword lights a fire under UC's ass and starts producing the items we have been waiting for for over a decade. Perhaps the Amazon show will also help. Otherwise, fan made creations are the way to go!
          Last edited by allosaur176; 23rd January 2019, 13:13.

Comment

• Anyone else having their posts disappear?? My last 3 have vanished. No explanation from the mods, so I'm assuming it's a glitch.

Comment

• For the last time, this thread is dedicated to Indy's Guthwine replica. If you want to have a discussion about the legality of it (and other fan art), please use the other thread that Min referred to. Posts referring to the legality in this thread will be (and have been) deleted. We're not bothering with moving the posts anymore.

We're not trying to kill the conversation, we're trying to contain it. Actually, the conversation was killing this thread.

Comment

• Sorry, I guess I missed something. I've made several posts today and they were disappearing without explanation, so I wasn't sure what to think. My last few responses were either questions of my posts being deleted or, prior to that, responses to existing posts in this thread.

I, also, cannot wait for my Guthwine to arrive. I hope it comes with a CoA.

Comment

• Originally posted by SPED View Post
                  Sorry, I guess I missed something. I've made several posts today and they were disappearing without explanation, so I wasn't sure what to think. My last few responses were either questions of my posts being deleted or, prior to that, responses to existing posts in this thread.

I, also, cannot wait for my Guthwine to arrive. I hope it comes with a CoA.

Comment

• Comment

• Seriously excited about this one.... as most of you know my sword collection is only small but this has been coming for so long that I could not just leave it...plus the scabbard is just amazing and love it....
                      only 6-8 weeks till it is shipped

Comment

• Wonder if Indy is open to throwing in a belt to go with that scabbard. That would just be icing on this awesome cake!
                        Radagaster from S&F, LOTRGuide

Comment

• I, too, wonder. I wonder if it'll come with a CoA!!!!!!! I can't wait to find out. I do love cake as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by Radagaster View Post
                            Wonder if Indy is open to throwing in a belt to go with that scabbard. That would just be icing on this awesome cake!
                            I would love that.

Comment

• After some consideration I have pre-ordered as well. I was on the original list too, but with that higher price I had to think twice about it. However, I really really want this sword to put it next to Herugrim and Eowyn's sword, and the UC one will probably be just as expensive, but without the scabbard. And as the scabbard is almost as important to me as the sword (considering that the second horse head is on there, not part of the sword), it was a must.
                              Thankfully it's possible to make a payment plan, so that's what I'm doing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Foedhrass View Post
                                After some consideration I have pre-ordered as well. I was on the original list too, but with that higher price I had to think twice about it. However, I really really want this sword to put it next to Herugrim and Eowyn's sword, and the UC one will probably be just as expensive, but without the scabbard. And as the scabbard is almost as important to me as the sword (considering that the second horse head is on there, not part of the sword), it was a must.
                                Thankfully it's possible to make a payment plan, so that's what I'm doing.
                                Unfortunately the scabbard will not have the fullers that the original had.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bMmMV-fbLhWFkCup1FdVvVRON1tNUc-OUe3EhGHqHO5f0Gb-jNgU4voB1Mxl73Cs45kaXkoS-7KyecoWag0sWcd-_W514Nu_z7zvncw9x46LDD2FoOTFSvNmCdX38hZkIfcyuYwEi3orcJUS9_Yi-yOtbaNuaOBXvjGO9HiFTIDLnsD7ZrdrL-2SFU0k4m4gMchKGGnRGMcA2SL6vJbsY6LAMp2uxysQW9OhgwHP2xwVqxpa6rBAt1UlyZOiMmQ
Views:	149
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	136624

Comment

• Originally posted by Herendil View Post

Unfortunately the scabbard will not have the fullers that the original had.
                                  I'm afraid I don't know what you mean with "fullers"... Is it the structure of the leather?
                                  If so, I don't really care about that (I didn't even notice). For me the most important thing are the antique parts of the scabbard and the horse head and they look beautiful on the picture. So all is well in my opinion.

Comment

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean with "fullers"... Is it the structure of the leather?
                                    If so, I don't really care about that (I didn't even notice). For me the most important thing are the antique parts of the scabbard and the horse head and they look beautiful on the picture. So all is well in my opinion.
                                    The fuller is the groove in the middle of the sword, this sword has two, Anduril and Glamdring only have one and swords like Orcrist and the ringwraiths swords don't have any.
                                    Anyway, Guthwine's scabbard have the same grooves and is not flat like Indy's.
                                    Don't get me wrong, I love this one and I have also pre-ordered it. Just wanted you to know it is not 100% correct.

Weta's:

Name:	zHqmnGmRfzk_zp_RZszkDHOS_mbMSTMLvWkZT7rAKBcqSdCJkWR3DFR2CmlGk_DeMQOed7j9sU93b950qHh4M19jl5fd-nNmpZ9BuliT11H49oCa7Lmb4CtVlDM5z6GabYRrtorlxBzNMR-wgyMwdJfsGMcFDB41QhQjXV6S6qUdg_7WqJ1iiRUMsss1aORWEvsx249XVyEKzcR7ogm4AFejgVLybb8Ky6vEFLL4VzAryMwf22cPvkDz9oncB9Z
Views:	323
Size:	112.8 KB
ID:	136632

Indy's

Name:	extra-image-1445.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	215.3 KB
ID:	136633

Comment

Fullers are the grooves that are meant on swords to reduce weight and give increased ridgedity. The original scabbard has fullers that match exactly with the sword. This is because Weta makes their scabbards using vacuformed kevlar to the sword itself when they’re making the scabbard. This reduces weight and allows for a perfect seal when putting the sword in the scabbard but costs a lot and is one of the multiple reasons the scabbards cost as much as the swords. For the price they’re selling these Indy pieces that’s very cheap for both a sword and scabbard wallhanger. Of course they will be different than the movie versions since the materials as well as construction are completely different. They have to make them super cheap to reach the price point they’re selling them for and adding fullers would cost more.

Comment

• Got my tracking number for this today!

Comment

• Originally posted by TheWhiteHand View Post
                                          Got my tracking number for this today!
                                          Wow that was quick!

Comment

Working...
                                          X