Indy's Guthwine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Ithildin im not sure there is a need in United’s view. They have other fish to fry and apparently sales of Sting, Glamdring and Anduril remain as strong as ever - never dipping in sales over the years.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by Idril View Post
      Ithildin im not sure there is a need in United’s view. They have other fish to fry and apparently sales of Sting, Glamdring and Anduril remain as strong as ever - never dipping in sales over the years.
      Given it's scarcity, wouldn't it be nice to see a re-issue of Isildurs Sword. You would think the price they go for would be enough of an indication that there is demand for it out there. I suppose the question is whether or not there is enough demand to sell enough units to make profit.

      I would LOVE to see an Isildur Sword available at retail again. Same for Ringwraith sword & Witchking actually

      Comment


      • I'm divided when it comes to releases of new editions of sold out and discontinued items. These are collector's items and have a natural increase in value over the years, Isildur's blade being one of the extreme examples. I do understand those who weren't around when they were sold in the first place, but as a collector of these items since they first started selling the UC replicas, I'm not sure I would be positive to UC pushing out more of them.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by ancalagon View Post

          Given it's scarcity, wouldn't it be nice to see a re-issue of Isildurs Sword. You would think the price they go for would be enough of an indication that there is demand for it out there. I suppose the question is whether or not there is enough demand to sell enough units to make profit.

          I would LOVE to see an Isildur Sword available at retail again. Same for Ringwraith sword & Witchking actually
          The problem isn't demand, I am sure they see that. But the molds for a lot of the old items were destroyed or lost during the bankruptcy. This is why they just re-release items with intact molds. They don't want the long task of creating these from scratch.

          Comment


          • Originally posted by Raymond View Post
            I'm divided when it comes to releases of new editions of sold out and discontinued items. These are collector's items and have a natural increase in value over the years, Isildur's blade being one of the extreme examples. I do understand those who weren't around when they were sold in the first place, but as a collector of these items since they first started selling the UC replicas, I'm not sure I would be positive to UC pushing out more of them.
            From a collectors standpoint I agree, though it is always the $$$ that talks. When it comes to the Isildur sword it was not meant to be limited so we can't really complain if that was released again. But for proper limited editions where the company announces a fixed set of units... they need to be consistent imo.

            Comment


            • Just received a mail from Indy to place the final order, hurry up for all people on the list, there will probably less swords than person on the list...
              due shipping end of march

              http://www.magnoliprops.com/guthwine...ops-p-609.html

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Balrog3019
                Just got an email from Indy and his Guthwine is up for pre-order but noticed his sword the horses are on both sides! Shouldn’t it be one horse on each side? This is a concern for me!
                The sword hilt has one head, like the original. The other horse head you're seeing is connected to the scabbard.

                Comment


                • Comment


                  • Thank you for post the above picture Indy. This will give members the ability to see the 2 parts separate.

                    What a stunning set. Well worth the time every one has waited for this one!!

                    Comment


                    • Edition will be around 100

                      Comment


                      • I have 3 questions

                        1) What's the sword's weight?
                        2) What steel is the sword made of?
                        3) Is there a payment by installments possibility?


                        Comment


                        • Ordered. Cant wait to get mine

                          Comment


                          • Ordered as well!!!

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Blue Book of Eastmarch View Post
                              1) What's the sword's weight?
                              2) What steel is the sword made of?
                              3) Is there a payment by installments possibility?
                              The sword weighs about 1.4 kilos (about 3 pounds) and the scabbard weighs about 0.9k (about 2 pounds). The blade is high carbon steel. You can e-mail sales@magnoliprops.com to discuss paying installments via PayPal.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by Indy Magnoli View Post

                                The sword weighs about 1.4 kilos (about 3 pounds) and the scabbard weighs about 0.9k (about 2 pounds). The blade is high carbon steel. You can e-mail sales@magnoliprops.com to discuss paying installments via PayPal.
                                I've sent you an email.

                                Comment


                                • This is a huge surprise. Thought Indy would have given us more WIP information before the pre-order stage. Finally here though and that is the main thing.

                                  Pre-order made.

                                  Comment


                                  • I've sent an email, as well
                                    Wyrd bið ful aræd!

                                    Comment


                                    • Originally posted by Indy Magnoli View Post

                                      The sword weighs about 1.4 kilos (about 3 pounds) and the scabbard weighs about 0.9k (about 2 pounds). The blade is high carbon steel. You can e-mail sales@magnoliprops.com to discuss paying installments via PayPal.
                                      Ohh I had no idea it was possible to pay via installments. It would have been much easier to pay 100 today then another 100 in February the rest when it’s about to ship

                                      Comment


                                      • Noooo! We so want this but we got so many other things that require lot's of money

                                        Comment


                                        • Pre-ordered.

                                          Comment

                                          Working...
                                          X