Indy's Guthwine?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Indy's Guthwine?

Anyone know if Indy is still planning to produce Guthwine? Been on the RPF forum and can no longer see the thread there....

It's still there...as far as I know the project is still a go.
    http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php...light=guthwine

Comment

+ we already have a thread for that ;) Maybe a mod can merge them. http://flameofudun.net/forum/art/348...y-indy-magnoli

Comment

Hmmm, seems like search isn't working for me on either forum. Thanks for the link Arwyniel, and apologies for double posting...

Comment

This is the last time Indy has updated his own precioussss thread ............. Can anyone believe this ??? I mean what's going on with the man ?

It's more than 6 months ago since he wrote something !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jul 11, 2016, 1:46 AM - Re: Eomer's Sword GUTHWINE replica: carbon steel, brass and leather MAGNOLI #210
          List updated.

We're planning on doing this with a polished carbon steel blade, antique brass fittings, leather-wrapped handle with a matching scabbard.

The price for this will most likely be around $275 (shipping included). We're planning on doing a single run of 50 swords/scabbards. Let me know if you're interested and I'll put you on the list below:

1) Indy Magnoli
          2) Arwyniel
          3) BladeCollector
          4) Elvenguard13
          5) DVDVampire
          6) StridersHeir
          7) Narrandes (e-mail)
          8) Hosfelt (e-mail)
          9) Onkelpsycho
          10) Stivie
          11) Buckeye
          12) GuardianWolf
          13) Deimos ($100 deposit received)
          14) Renevo
          15) Whittington (e-mail)
          16) ????? (e-mail)
          17) RoseREIII
          18) jayman2982
          19) Husker75
          20) Rupp66
          21) bill59
          22) cyclops65
          23) Foedhrass
          24) Todd (e-mail)
          25) Swinkey (e-mail)
          26) Valkrist
          27) sebastian
          28) magneticone
          29) center68
          30) MurdocXXL
          31) G17RDY
          32) KRDS (e-mail)
          33) Ithildin
          34) ajlason
          35) Idril
          36) Johnson (e-mail)
          37) Cisek (e-mail)
          38) Gomez (e-mail)
          39) Medievalt
          40) Humphreys (e-mail)
          41) jedimarkj
          42) Psicorp7
          43) Andrewshaddox
          44) Andrewshaddox
          45) Garz
          46) allosaur76
          47) Veefy
          48) Schwertfeger (e-mail)
          49) Noverraz (e-mail)
          50) Luc (e-mail)

------

51) Schwarz (e-mail)
          52) Mee (e-mail)
          53) raiderfaninnm (e-mail)
          54) TFickser
          55) Clarke (e-mail)
          56) Darth_Rage
          57) jnicktem
          58) bookface
          59) ItalianNinja86
          60) Hefestion
          61) Buffalo Bill
          62) JP05
          63) Darth Gius
          64) Wemustrepeat
          65) CorriTimigan
          66) Kostka (e-mail)
          67) Homa (e-mail)
          68) Doan (e-mail)
          69) Practicing Pat
          70) Darth_Rage
          71) galion
          72) Radagaster
          73) Witchking
          74) Trevtrees79
          75) bmooncd
          76) NomoZ
          77) theleperking
          78) Lacote (e-mail)
          79) BlindSquirrel
          80)
          Sparticle
          81) Sirjump (e-mail)
          82) blakejolly
          82) Feccia (e-mail)
          83) Grosskopf (e-mail)
          84) Leppert (e-mail)
          85) Mallon (e-mail)
          86) Forger
          87) Darthgarth
          88) Norton (e-mail)
          89) Streuli (e-mail)
          90) khal1993
          91) SithThunder
          92) Bimball
          93) RevAnakin (e-mail)
          94) Galassa (e-mail)
          95) alex/Chewy (e-mail)
          96) Taylor (e-mail)
          97) Yrien
          98) BBoE
          99) Mellon
          100) kursosawa

------

101) dregoth
          102) Roland (e-mail)
          103) jimmiroquai
          104) Dymerski
          105) wires
          106) Etienne (e-mail)
          107) Etienne (e-mail)
          108) Shadow0421 (e-mail)
          109) Got Maul
          110) Grosskopf (e-mail)
          111) Hamd (e-mail)
          112) bbmchl
          113) thatdancingtroo
          114) Losnekos
          115) Anduril
          116) jedijanine
          117) Gordon (e-mail)
          118) Schmergan13
          119) Dracondas
          120) thatdancingtroo
          121) MilesAtreides
          122) oswaldkefo
          123) Chapman (e-mail)
          124) shaakti
          125) TheDuckOfOz
          126) sanctuspiox
          127) PunisherWarrior
          128)
          Last edited by Indy Magnoli; 4 Weeks Ago at 10:16 PM.
          Last edited by Minuialwen; 3rd January 2017, 17:10. Reason: Merged

Comment

The project probably not going anywhere It's hard to believe the sword is going to happen

Comment

I've given up - but not taken my name off the list (just in case)

Comment

As an artist I can relate to the long times between posts, time seem to go by much faster when you're into too many projects + handling your daytime job + wife/girlfriend + kids + more.

I was asked by someone via this forum yesterday, if I could possibly make the pommel, grip, guard of this sword available through my Shapeways account, if I can make that happen, I will do so. I can do a lot in 3D but still in the starting phase when it comes to 3D sculpting. I can perhaps add even the blade itself, but in parts (long thin parts tend to cost a lot and have a risk of ending up bent due the nature of 3D printing and high temperatures) But due to time issues, I can't offer finished versions of the blade, only the parts as a "kit".

Comment

Originally posted by Raymond View Post
                  As an artist I can relate to the long times between posts, time seem to go by much faster when you're into too many projects + handling your daytime job + wife/girlfriend + kids + more.

I was asked by someone via this forum yesterday, if I could possibly make the pommel, grip, guard of this sword available through my Shapeways account, if I can make that happen, I will do so. I can do a lot in 3D but still in the starting phase when it comes to 3D sculpting. I can perhaps add even the blade itself, but in parts (long thin parts tend to cost a lot and have a risk of ending up bent due the nature of 3D printing and high temperatures) But due to time issues, I can't offer finished versions of the blade, only the parts as a "kit".
                  That sounds great Raymond.
                  Even if this sword does happen he is going to do a run of 50 swords and the list is up to 127 interested people, so even if it does happen a lot of people will be disappointed and not get one so your "offer" might be our only other way of getting this sword. (If UC doesn't get that we want this made by them that is and they make it.)

I'm really looking forward to your tutorial of the paint application of the Rohan spear witch I suppose you could apply to this project as well. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Idril View Post
                    I've given up - but not taken my name off the list (just in case)
                    I've pretty much given up, too. Even if Indy still considers the project a possibility, I don't think his heart is in it. My name also remains on the list . . . just in case.
                    "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world."
                    ~~Thorin Oakenshield

Comment

I check that thread from time to time in hopes something has happened.

I'm #33 on the list and will still keep a candle burning in the hopes that one day it will happen. But it's kind of hard to believe that on the 22nd. of this month it will have been 3 years since his first post about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Herendil View Post

(If UC doesn't get that we want this made by them that is and they make it for us)
                        UC won't ever make it. When they were discussing its possibility of being made, the two Rohan swords available, Theoden and Eowyn, were selling terribly. So they nixed the plans to make Guthwine.

I know that seems ridiculous considering how sought after Eowyn's sword is, but there was a time you could buy it for $85 from Derek at Smithblades. He was just trying to flush stock since it wasn't selling.

Not to mention the replicas of the sword needed to make the castings of the hilt don't exist in Weta's hands anymore. Kit Rae purchased quite a bit of the weaponry replicas, and in turn sold one of the screen used Guthwine's to a collector friend on a different forum. So the only hope we have is if Indy ever gets around to it. Or Raymond has time to 3D model it. Or Thranduil finds the time to make a metal casting available.

Comment

I got two Lotr buckle projects going for this week, and I might start sculpting my Crown of the king of the dead replica out of Apoxie/Magic Sculpt, I have an insider at the Weta cave that provided me with a bunch of pictures of it but I really struck gold this evening when I found a highly detailed shot of it, from one of the official images by Weta.

When the two buckles are done, I'll start looking into the Guthwine sword project, I've been telling myself to learn 3D sculpting for years now, so I better get started.

Comment

As far as I know, he's busy with a lot of things...

A few months ago I heard rumors (maybe it was Magnoli itself in the FS thread), that he won't accept PayPal Payments for this project. So, if it ever happens, I'm still not sure if I could take one, because PP is often the only chance for international buyers...

But we'll see... I'm excited to see what happens with this project...

Comment

His website is down
                              www.indyprops.com

Comment

But his shop is still there:

http://www.magnoliclothiers.com/

Comment

YAWN..........

This is still around, thought this project was dead......
                                  “Just Survive Somehow”

Comment

Originally posted by Morgoth Bauglir View Post
                                    YAWN..........

Yeah i think its long gone just our hope that makes this project survive

Comment

Originally posted by Morgoth Bauglir View Post
                                      YAWN..........

Ya, I'm thinking it's dead too. The tread is still up on the site but it never gets any updates. Three years and counting. If it was going to happen it would have already. Too bad as I really wanted this in my collection.

Nice to see you again MB.

Comment

I went over to the RPF forum and asked Indy if this project was still alive.

This was Indy's reply:
                                        "Yes, still alive! Just a little sick, with a headache, some nausea, blurry vision, numbness in the extremities. Nothing we can't fix. Stay tuned....

Seriously, still working, but we're going to get the Inigo Montoya sword finished first, then get back to Guthwine, which has been problematic. But we haven't given up!"

So I live in hope that one day Eomer's sword will indeed be completed.

Comment

Working...
                                        X